-Objects very close to the camera disappear
-Combat
-Horseback riding

Features:
-FOV settings
-Head bobbing toggle
-Optional first-person-only depth of field setting
-Separate, X and Y axis, FP-specific mouse sensitivity settings
-Optional "combat avoidance" mode which will make enemies non-hostile as long as you're in first person mode.

Also, some screenshots:(50 images image limit reached)

Download HERE

README:
Installation:
Drop DLC and Mods folder to your main Witcher 3 installation folder.

Usage:
If you don't have console enabled you can quickly do so by editing general.ini located in
"The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\config\base" under [General] tab add "DBGConsoleOn=true" (without quotation marks).

Open console by pressing ~(tilde key) located to the left of "1" key and type in "fphook" (without quotation marks).
Then you can press "P" on the keyboard during gameplay to go in/out of the first person mode.

Additional console commands are:
fphelp - Display help screen popup.
fpsettings - Display current settings screen popup.
fpsetfov(X) - Allows you to change FOV of the first person camera, X is the value. Accepted values are between 1 and 110.
fpzcorrect(0/1) - Disables or Enables dynamic height offsetting, TL;DR - it's head bobbing.
fpsens(X value, Y value) - Adjust first person specific mouse sensitivity.
fpsetdof(0/1) - Enable or disable first person only depth of field effect.
fpdonotdisturb(0/1) - Enable or disable mode which makes all enemies friendly as long as you're in first person.
fptime - hue, hue, hue.

Controls:
1 (key on the keyboard) - Do a 180 turn (Blood and Wine DLC require)
2 (key on the keyboard) - Reset view to the center (direction the body is currently facing)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you wish to show appreciation to my work, you can drop a donation.
You can contact me through one of those channels:

https://www.youtube.com/user/skacikpl
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/members/2364765-skacikpl
https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/users/184902/?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skacikpl/
https://www.reddit.com/user/SkacikPL/

Last edited by a moderator:
Not very interested in a first person view, but man, such a great effort! People like you make this game even Greater...All the best and good luck for your work, hope you'll be able to relase it! :)

WOW, it looks impressive. Though i probably wouldn't use it as my computer would lagg as hell with all these circliing.
Still i hope you'll relelase it one day.

The walking is weird, i mean his head tilting all the time...but the fight indeed shows how hectic a fight could be.

I must say, if the camera is attached to the head without additional manipulation, this is a testament to how perfect the animation is in terms of a spinning pirouette and "spotting" the target during the turn.

Personally I would love to have a proper first person option -especially during exploration, as I feel it would drastically improve immersion, allowing the player to fully absorb the beautifully detailed environments.

Last edited:
Wow, that's some good effort. Animations seems to work surprisingly well when the camera is attached to the head bone.
Would be extremely fun to experience parts of the game like this. Hopefully there is some solutions to the appearing problems. Good luck.

Guest 2364765

Small update on issues:
-Movement is always headed in camera direction, for some reason using FPS camera gives player permanent left turn/lean. - Turns out it's most likely caused by camera being misaligned on the Yaw axis, though i cannot align it no matter what i try. Neither can i i hack it from the locomotion controller script.

-Objects very close to the camera disappear. - I can't fix this, there are variables which determine when to hide player model if it's too close to the camera, but no such thing exists for other objects.

-Attachment/body starts to visibly stutter/lag if FPS drops below 60. - Actually not the case, issue is caused by game getting very different headings one after another (trying to turn opposite angles in very short periods of time) which causes visible stuttering. Basically caused by issue #1

-No mouse controls for the camera at the moment. - Not even sure how to fix this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, actually if you can decrease the "head wobble" while walking just a tad, and add the mouse control capabilities, I think it looks perfectly releasable. I mean, of course it wouldn't be perfect, but for a mod (with current capabilities to boot) it's downright amazing :) Good work! I probably wouldn't use it for fighting a lot, but for walking around and immersion, it would be great to have the option.

Guest 2364765

Well, currently i'm clueless how to proceed.
Main issue is "Locomotion"(movement) being all wonky when using Static Camera for FPP view and no matter what i cannot correct it to satisfactory level.

Perhaps someone from CDPR would be willing to lend a helping hand? Or at least a hint? @TheZnosko

Very nice work considering the tools we have available to us.

The finishers in the combat video were absolutely brutal, as was when Geralt split the guys head open. Very cool to watch the videos.

I hope CDPR lends a hand/hint to help iron this mod out.

Yeah, i also hope it will be released once.
In the meantime though, if you have free time & willing to do it, could you record a witcher contract while using this mod? When Geralt kneels to examine clues, then the fight....must be interesting.

Guest 2364765

Yeah, i also hope it will be released once.
In the meantime though, if you have free time & willing to do it, could you record a witcher contract while using this mod? When Geralt kneels to examine clues, then the fight....must be interesting.

I could do that but i don't have any saved games before finishing the main story.

I kind of dislike first person perspective in RPGs. Sword and sorcery RPGs mainly. If it involves guns and shooting then it might come handy like Fallout.

My goodness, it looks stunningly beautiful. Now I'd probably not use it in combat as well (if it's released), but just to walk around in that atmosphere... Looks incredibly immersive. You are just increasing my craving @skacikpl, you are mean :)

Uh sorry, but what is your input here? Neither is this an official feature nor i force anyone to use it. Especially since at this stage i cannot release it.

Nothing. I just wouldn't personally prefer any first person perspective mod for Witcher 3. However, if you work on a third person perspective mod for Kingdom Come: Deliverance I will wholeheartedly welcome it. It's not the place to discuss that game anyway. And as I've said it's a matter of personal preference. And that's a brief example.

Top Bottom