[Lighting Mods] STLM 3.0

+
Too all, i can fix all "problems" based on personal preference but all of you can help me with it, things that work and that dont work. We have to discuss about certain changes because maybe someone like X thing more and again maybe someone prefer Y thing even better. We need to find middle ground, what need to be "fixed" and what not.

Other problem for me is fault on external hdd and lossing uncooked files caused by mine godchild,
clumsy little girl :)

Problem is that now i am left with one ssd and i cant uncook mod files on it because it is only 120gb.
Can someone please provide me with \engine\environments\ weather csv files...

Oversaturated sun in Velen is due in next version of fix that i have finished before crush, but i am atm working in my office far, far away from my gaming pc :(

And one other thing, instalation is simple mater, you extract mod from archive to your *mods* folder and you must NOT have tubolighting original mod and patch for it in mods folder.

Last edited:
@Mishikedman
thanks for help on isatalation. nice to know the sun is up for change, the oversaturated sun was really ruining Velen for me. i still think Velen needs more work but its hard to pinpoint the problem

LukeSparow linaswas_001 sober999 larsroar41t4 Is it any good ? Are we on a right track ? Did you encounter any new bugs, and for Larsroar41t4 reason why original stlm 3.1 sun looks as dim in Velen is partly because of absence of second layer off clouds. Try to compare it with Vanilla sun intensity, it is very similar, but in a new version it should be much better. Expect new version in next 5-6 hours, maybe even sooner...

Ps. And larsroar41t4 about orange grass you send me in pm can you make screen shot of it ?

Last edited:
Mishikedman
Possible back old lighting in velen, like in stlm 3.1 ? And fix old problem with sunset and make more grim Olgierd home-zone (3 my old screens) http://imgur.com/a/CL90g
I played with your stlmfixClouds and stlmfixClouds2, connected COMPILATION alpha/alphastlm mod, but problem with ugly clouds is still there
my mods (game v1.31 non-goty) http://imgur.com/a/5HC0E
Also possible back big clouds like stlm3.1 (with code 'stoprain')
sorry for google translate

Last edited:
Thank you Mishikedman ! I will be giving your fixes a thorough test and feed back to you...

[edit]
Essenthy added modded hair physics in STLM 3. Could you please remove it?

[edit2]
Could you please make the enormous moon small like in vanilla?

Last edited:
Mishikedman
the extremely oversaturated sun is also present in Skellige, i think it is only Novigrad that is not having this problem

Mishikedman So far it's been great! Been testing version 2. The water effects, clouds and rain all look excellent! The overall STLM 3.1.1 look seems to be intact.

I was running tests with some other people and we did run into the oversaturated sun in Velen (making an educated guess that it appears during the Mid_Clouds weather type).
I also ran into slightly odd cloud coverage during a rain storm in Skellige. Here's a link to the video I took of it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/imsriefomhnp3zj/The Witcher 3 03.20.2017 - 15.18.54.01.mp4?dl=0

I honestly didn't dislike the cloud layering during this rain storm. It looked rather neat, like waves in the sky. If this is how it was intended then great! Still thought it was worth reporting on :)

Overall, great damn job Mishikedman! A huge step in the right direction!

Last edited:
essenthy;n8080790 said:
i remember this guy asking me on twitter how to open envs and change the bloom some weeks ago, all of a sudden he learned how to do everything, what a surprise lol i can easily check the variables since i have a lots of costume made stuff in the envs that he isnt even aware of

you gotta have balls to rip off something and pretend thats its all yours

Looks like you weren't wrong:

"Published on Mar 18, 2017
I used Essenthy's Novigrad ENV for all of my Novigrad videos. I'm sorry to everyone who was excited about those videos, but most of all I'm sorry to Essenthy, because he taught me everything I know about Witcher modding and I stole one of the most important parts of his mod. I'll still be continuing Project E3, but Novigrad is scrapped."

He said that's the only part he stole.

Damn that's a shame it looked really good a nice alternative for STLM, more vivid and colorful, I was really looking forward to it.

@LukeSparow nice to hear, i hope you are using compilation mod, because it further enhance things :) I am making nice progress but i will postpone release of what is now V4 i am trying so hard to make clouds look good in all weather condition.
And rain storm is copy pasted from stlm 3.1, all essenthy doing, i like it very, very much. Much better than Vanilla :)

Aloat of things here is mater of personal taste :)

WalteriusMaximus moon is right size in v2, and hair "physics" when you uncook mod is located in \characters\models\geralt\coif\model; If you want you can delete it.

larsroar41t4 i know about it, i am trying to get midle ground with this.

Mishikedman;n8153140 said:
@LukeSparow nice to hear, i hope you are using compilation mod, because it further enhance things :) I am making nice progress but i will postpone release of what is now V4 i am trying so hard to make clouds look good in all weather condition.
And rain storm is copy pasted from stlm 3.1, all essenthy doing, i like it very, very much. Much better than Vanilla :)

Aloat of things here is mater of personal taste :)

WalteriusMaximus moon is right size in v2, and hair "physics" when you uncook mod is located in \characters\models\geralt\coif\model; If you want you can delete it.

larsroar41t4 i know about it, i am trying to get midle ground with this.

Thanks Mishikedman but I am using version 2 and in White Orchard the moon is still huge.

Ramon242 why is it a big deal for some people to put name on everything. And at that to project your basically stole from someone who work very hard on it. Believe me it is tedious work, uncooked, tweak, cook, test repeat...

Mishikedman
Yes, Compilation makes things look amazing! Especially with the tweaks you made.
I agree with your opinion on the Rain Storm Essenthy added. Really glad you chose to keep it in this "fixed" version.

Looking forward to that V4 version!
Also, as Walterius said, during certain weather types the moon is actually still huge. I don't mind this, but when weathers change it's somewhat jarring.

I wouldn't put it high up the priority list but it is still a thing!

Cheers and good luck!

LukeSparow this csv files you send me, i think they are not vanilla thay have tweaks from pollens mod. Can you uncook game with mod kitchen and send me vanilla csv files? If not it is ok, in a day or two i will be having new hdd i ordered today. And allso if anyone else can provide files it will be big hellp ;)

Hey Mishikedman, Loving the new V4 update. Colors seems to be in par with stlm 3.1. The cloud levels look fantastic as well. However, now the issue seem to be that either are sun is too bright in the swamp area (high bloom) or the sun is invisible completely (the sun rays, light shafts are visible, but the entire sun is covered with cloud and cant be seen at all). I know you are still working on this mod so i was just letting you know and maybe someone else can confirm my issue. PLZ KEEP UP THE EXCELLENT WORK.

Top Bottom