[Lighting Mods] STLM 3.0

+
It is work in progress yes :D and i am learning so much while working on this mod. I never in my life thought i will be interested in clouds their names and soo on :) .

Soo Change in v4 is quick and experimental one, i swap some mid and heavy clouds from Velen and give priority to one from Skellige. I was tasting in novigrad and near most popular location for tasting stlm, hangman tree and it look very good, but again i even dont have problem with some lower textures clouds from v2 to me thay seam more animated but like all in life they are to be pros and cons for everything :) I wish if some great texture moder like CAPA14, ramccoid or HalkHogan can do something about does lower texture clouds we have in v2.

If someone want to give it a go in modeling clouds and weather in general, all you have to do is edit csv file in excel.
For example you can edit probability for certain weather to appear in probability table, you can delete or swap some clouds layer mash with some layer from other region in x_effect table.
In effect table you can try and delate mash for low texture clouds and see results with them gone.

Moding for this game eat your time and it is very tidius. But if we all work together and join are time and knowlage we will achive our final goal. I have proposition we can now pin point all cloud layer_mashes and name them like texture mash for ugly clouds in effect table is this...

Maybe some of you younger people have more spare time than us working one :) with disability from 6 to 12 hours at work days.

And people sorry for my english it is not mine native language...

Last edited:
Mishikedman
Sorry! Did actually send you the wring files there! Were Walterius' the right ones?

Will try out your new version when I can, and if I do find the time I'll start messing around with those clouds :p
Extremely busy block though :(

Cheers man! Remember to do things at your own pace, don't overwork yourself!

Mishikedman;n8157620 said:
Cheers LukeSparow andno problem mate it is ok, you tried to help me and that's what counts. WalteriusMaximus thank you for files these are the right ones.

And luke dont wory i have wife to keep me in check :D

It's the very least we can do to help. You seem to really know what you're doing which is exactly what we needed to straighten out STLM! And version 4 is looking absolutely superb. If you could remove the sun from the swamp area without messing up the lighting, that would be awesome! ;)

Maybe today because i am atm in my office where i will be 6 more hours. I have some plans for today whit my wife and some friends, but i will try to fix it in the evening,but no promises. . WalteriusMaximus If you can please post me screenshot from swamps and screenshot from swamps at it worst.

Last edited:
linaswas_001
Isn't Tennisaddict wasting his time as well since Mishikedman seems to have the cloud issue pretty much fixed in his version? It looks especially good with the Clouds mod.
Not to discredit the work Tennisaddict has been doing of course! It just doesn't seem necesarry anymore is all.

Mishikedman
Good to hear! Praise your wife :)

Mishikedman;n8157730 said:
Maybe today because i am atm in my office where i will be 6 more hours. I have some plans for today whit my wife and some friends, but i will try to fix it in the evening,but no promises. . WalteriusMaximus If you can please post me screenshot from swamps and screenshot from swamps at it worst.

Ok, I will do that tonight (I'm also at work now).

I see Pollens mod is free to use and edit while i found it very unstable, i can use certain elements from it, maybe even fix it and add it to the mix :D. Do you peeps like something from it ?

Mishikedman;n8158550 said:
I see Pollens mod is free to use and edit while i found it very unstable, i can use certain elements from it, maybe even fix it and add it to the mix :D. Do you peeps like something from it ?

If you could incorporate the Particles Extended version, that would be awesome!

"Particles Extended - this a newer version of the latest Pollens mod, which changes the pollens in every region except for White Orchard to dust particles, which doesn't glow and look much more superior. (there is still a weather type which has pollens for kear mohen and novigrad/velen, pollens aren't completly gone), skellige now also got the dust effect like in old trailers. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS VERSION!
it got all the cool stuff ;)"

But ONLY if it will not require disabling Bloom! If it looks wrong with Bloom enabled, then I would suggest leaving it out.

WalteriusMaximus I think i can, i did it last night after i post v4, but with pollens and leaf effects :)

Doo it is very messy especially in Skillage whit snow storm that looks so intensive and very, very unnatural, snow falling at high speed from every single angle it is not pretty sight and snowflakes seems to be a bigger and texture is not very nice.

But i can scrape all fx that are broken and leave only the good ones :D

Last edited:
Mishikedman;n8158680 said:
WalteriusMaximus I think i can, i did it last night after i post v4, but with pollens and leaf effects :)

Doo it is very messy especially in Skillage whit snow storm that looks so intensive and very, very unnatural, snow falling at high speed from every single angle it is not pretty sight and snowflakes seems to be a bigger and texture is not very nice.

But i can scrape all fx that are broken and leave only the good ones :D

Excellent, can't wait to test your next version! :D

Mishikedman;n8158680 said:
I think i can, i did it last night after i post v4, but with pollens and leaf effects

Could you make version with only leaf effects? I think pollens are best in Toussaint, and that's where they should stay.

LukeSparow We'll see, tennisaddict1999 worked hard and long on that "patch", he also wants to push it even further so I'll rather wait for that one.

linaswas_001;n8158760 said:
Could you make version with only leaf effects? I think pollens are best in Toussaint, and that's where they should stay.

LukeSparow We'll see, tennisaddict1999 worked hard and long on that "patch", he also wants to push it even further so I'll rather wait for that one.

Particles Extended (the newest version) replaces pollen in Velen and Skellige with dust particles. I think you will find this will look awesome!

linaswas_001 I hope he came up with something good. Is he still up, it was a while i heard from him (page 32), maybe you are in conntact with him ?

Did you try V4 it basically achieve what tennisaddict1999 had in plan for the most part. So far only bug is in swamp but i think i know how to fix it :)

Top Bottom