[Lighting Mods] STLM 3.0

+
Mishikedman
Hey man,
Didn't get a chance to test your latest version yet but I do have an idea that would improve the overall feel of the game a lot I think.

It'd be amazing if you could load in the fog effects from Blood and Wine for some nice foggy weathers in all regions. The fog effect in BaW is a million times superior over the one used in Vanilla.

Realistic Weather already does this but it isn't compatible with STLM. Perhaps you could use his files, if he gives you permission? Here's a link:
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/m...3/ajax/moddescription/?id=2084&preview=&pUp=1

If you can't get permission I suppose it could be done manually too.
Either way it might be a lot of work so I totally understand if you decline the idea because of that.

LukeSparow;n8167340 said:
Mishikedman
Hey man,
Didn't get a chance to test your latest version yet but I do have an idea that would improve the overall feel of the game a lot I think.

It'd be amazing if you could load in the fog effects from Blood and Wine for some nice foggy weathers in all regions. The fog effect in BaW is a million times superior over the one used in Vanilla.

Realistic Weather already does this but it isn't compatible with STLM. Perhaps you could use his files, if he gives you permission? Here's a link:
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mo...eview%3D&pUp=1

If you can't get permission I suppose it could be done manually too.
Either way it might be a lot of work so I totally understand if you decline the idea because of that.

Great idea! It would be awesome to have permanent fog in the swamps for example and it would look awesome with the Toussaint fog.

WalteriusMaximus I personaly find realistic to have sun in swamps, it is more realistic, i will see what i can do about it.

LukeSparow It is not that hard to implement weather effect from other regions, you will be surprised how easy it can be.It is like with pollens mod, i learn to do it because i needed to remove it form patched version of stlm...I never tried "realistic weather" , why do you think fog is not compatible with stlm?

WalteriusMaximus I need to research more about it. Maybe it can be done but it will be hard to tie anything to specific map location that share same csv file.

It will be cool to split this file and have three difrent weather types for named loocations but we cant do it.

Mishikedman
LukeSparow
Mishikedman;n8167010 said:
Idea #2. What do you think about prioritizing clear weather with beautiful clouds. Clear weather can happen much more and stay for longer time or do you prefer rainy or any other kind of weather and for what region?

LukeSparow;n8167340 said:

If it breaks mod (new error/bugs)?:(

Also I have problem with ugly(low textures) clouds in Skellige.Exactly they add ugly "toxic" bloom sun and moon
http://www64.zippyshare.com/v/lmIRxTEq/file.html (video) Use mods only stlmV5+meditationUI

Last edited:
sober999 can you upload video to mega, it is forbidden by my domain administrator at work to see zippyshare. And don't worry we only scratch the surface of this mod, i plan to rework all csv files and to enable only best looking and bug free clouds.

Mishikedman i think a clear weather would be nice to have more often in Skellige, Kaer Morhen and ofc Novigrad, as for swamps as long as the sun does not cause extreme oversaturation i think it would be nice.

sober999 Link is not good. Get link from here affcourse on you account :D

Attachments

• Click get ling.JPG
    Click get ling.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
larsroar41t4 It looks very nice... But i think it will be much batter for him to work with people and test his version with us... Challenge is maintaining this level of quality with all other weather types and time of day.

Mishikedman;n8167010 said:
What do you think about prioritizing clear weather with beautiful clouds. Clear weather can happen much more and stay for longer time or do you prefer rainy or any other kind of weather and for what region?

This is what I wanted to ask for a long time, because this is primarily problem of Vanilla. It just rains like twice per day, which is weird. It would be nice to have clean weather for most of the time, just like in Toussaint.

linaswas_001;n8168310 said:
This is what I wanted to ask for a long time, because this is primarily problem of Vanilla. It just rains like twice per day, which is weird. It would be nice to have clean weather for most of the time, just like in Toussaint.

I agree, dry weather with less crazy tree-bending wind would be a very welcome change. But I also like cloudy skies to go along with it.

linaswas_001 WalteriusMaximus
It is very easy fix look at this picture. You can notice probability table important for this fix

Notice WT_Rain_Storm probability for Novigrad not high but that is because it is tied to big storm that dont happen to much

But if you look in WT_Heavy_Clouds_Dark you can notice fx\environment\rain\low\rain_low_fx.w2p and this effect induce rain and probability for it is very high.

And last notice WT_Clear probability is nearly non existent and very rare.

Other problems with rain and WT_Heavy_Clouds_Dark is that this Clouds are not dark enough and because off that we cant see rain texture very well because collor of it is nerly white and it cameleon itself with clouds.

This all can be fixed with WT_Rain_Storm clooud layers. I will do it but time is a bi**h i will do first one ragion and than others. I hope i need day or two for it, but i dont promise anything i will have aloat more time in a weak or soo. I dont want simple fix but good and prety one.

Attachments

• Weather Novigrad.JPG
    Weather Novigrad.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Top Bottom