[Lighting Mods] STLM 3.0

+
Mishikedman
Making Velen's lighting a little more similar to White Orchard's isn't such a bad idea. Though I do hope that the Bog, Fyke Isle and the Novigrad regions stay intact as I think their lighting is perfect!
I still haven't had the time to test. It's a very busy week for me. I might have time tomorrow or in the weekend but no promises sadly :(

Also on the BaW clouds. I'm actually really glad you removed them. Those vanilla clouds are gorgeous and the BaW clouds brought a lot of issues along with them. Just having those clouds in BaW makes Toussaint feel more like it's own unique area.

That actually brings me to the 1 worry I have regarding making Velen look more like White Orchard. Both White Orchard and Velen might lose their unique aesthetic. But I do trust your ability to make these kinds of judgement so I'm not really worried :)

No Title

larsroar41t4 Weather in witcher 3 dont work like that, you cant set time of day to have certain weather effect. I already wrote about it, but i have time so it is ok. Look this picture you can see probability table, here you can put values that determine chance for certain weather to happen
If you put for WT_Clear 0.7 value in probability table, that means it is 70% chance for it to happen if we take deffault value to be 1.
so that means if we put 0.3 for WT_Rain_Storm, that then means there is posibility of 30% for bad weather to happen.
So you see from here that weather is like in real life unpredictable and there is with 0.3 value, 30% chance to rain no matter if it is night or day.
ATM in last version of eddit that value for WT_Rain_Storm is 0 and for now that type of weather cant appear. I hope i was clear but if you have question shoot :D

Attachments

• photo121820.jpg
    photo121820.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
I tested White Orchard sun and it is still there, just as with plain old STLM. The weather before the storm in Velen looks amazing, it really gives you that "oh **** a storm is coming" feel rather than "meh looks like it's about to rain :". Leaves flying around really add to it. Imo dust effect looks good but it is a little too strong, if it can be tweaked then that's great if not then it's up to you. :)
Pollen effect during clear weather looks great, but imo it doesn't really belong in Velen.
Thanks for all the time you're spending tweaking and fixing Mishikedman, you're awesome!

larsroar41t4 Hyadum You are welcome, i plan to have difrent versions of the eddit, like V6Pollen, V6Regular but we must find middle ground, i see number of people are rising that don't want pollens and dust fx, so if this continues i will delete that affects...I thought it will be cool idea because it is spring like it was said in White Orchard, and plants do vegetative no meat on region they are and pollen is natural for places with them. I will try to make tollens smaller but that is not high on my list. First we fix "in your face" kind of problems.

Mishikedman
Hmm that's the thing with a mod like Pollens though. You may say it's spring, but as soon as I mod my game with the Autumn trees mod it's no longer spring!
This is why I think an effect like pollens is something that should probably be its own thing outside of STLM, or perhaps a simple merge with it.

Your prioritisation process is really solid though, these kinds of changes are for later :)

I would agree that the pollen effect could be toned down a bit, but overall​ I think it looks nice, the leaves especially. I'll have plenty of time to test things out today, look at the weather/clouds and figure out why my WO sun is gone lol. Also, I think lighting closer to WO in Velen would help that region a lot. Things are so saturated as it is now that Geralt looks like he got a quite serious tan. I think a middle ground can be found that still has Velen looking unique.

Comparison VGX trailer VS STLM

Oryginal
[video=youtube;By701w8Y-2k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By701w8Y-2k[/video]

My Reconstruction this trailer with STLM
[video=youtube;vec-uTCFK2Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vec-uTCFK2Q[/video]

And Screens

Last edited:
next post because its limit to 12 screen

(next screens is with my edit Geralt teksture, before i use Geralt from W2 by Crashman)

Aamnah;n8184290 said:
Comparison VGX trailer VS STLM

Oryginal
[video=youtube;By701w8Y-2k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By701w8Y-2k[/video]

My Reconstruction this trailer with STLM
[video=youtube;vec-uTCFK2Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vec-uTCFK2Q[/video]

And I want to cry again. :(

amfibiya89;n8184570 said:
And I want to cry again. :(

Why? I reminded you of Downgrade? XD

WalteriusMaximus;n8184470 said:
Aamnah wow, spamming screenshots much? Why not use something like imgur instead, then you only need to post a single link.

Good Idea XD but i forgot...

larsroar41t4;n8184430 said:

Thanks, i try recording in same time like in original trailer (you know position sun and shadow) and in this same place.

Last edited:
Yeaaaahhh I think it's time to pack it up and hope for some sort of enhanced edition lol. One major thing env editing can't fix is the awful low-poly mountains in the distance. The fog that covers them up is reminiscent of the smog here in LA on a bad-weather day. It's awful.

Ramon242 pls leave your negativity somewhere else this is no place for it. why are you even her, seen you on other threads posting negative comments, i don`t get you

Last edited:
larsroar41t4;n8185470 said:
Ramon242 pls leave your negativity somewhere else this is no place for it. why are you even her, seen you on other threads posting negative comments, i don`t get you

A pre-release/STLM comparison vid was posted and I made a comment about one major thing that puts the older build ahead of the current one. Labeling comments that you don't agree with as "negativity" isn't necessary.

Top Bottom