Sarcen's Mod Editor. No changes in-game.

+
Sarcen's Mod Editor. No changes in-game.

Hello.
I've been trying to edit something using Sarcen's Mod Editor for a while now, but for some reason I have no changes in-game.
What I'm trying to edit are the following:
In some w2ent files, the CPointLightComponent and the CSpotLightComponent parameters for some of the light sources in-game.
I've tried editing the color, radius, brightness, even the X,Y,Z, transform position. And nothing is effected in-game at all.
I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I'm saving each file in the Mod Editor after I make the edits, and using the Mod Editor to cook/pack the files into a mod.

If anyone could help me out, that would be really great.

DJ_Kovrik;n7878620 said:

Just to test your method out, I edited the color of ...\quests\part_2\quest_files\q106_tower\entities\q106_torch_wall_creepy.w2ent which is the torch used in the "A towerful of mice" quest in the tower.
And it worked :D Thanks so much!

Now I can edit the "torch" w2ent files until I find the one Geralt uses. I want to increase the radius a bit, as I don't like using Cat all that much. I think it's ...\items\usable\torch\torch.w2ent though.

Once my mod is done and released on Nexus, I'll give credit to you for helping out.

Top Bottom