what version 1.31 moding folders with steam

+
what version 1.31 moding folders with steam

I am trying to add mods but can't figure out how.
I downloaded the file, "Debug Console Enabler v1.31-1555-1-31.rar" from Nexus but don't know where to put it.
I unzip it into a folder with another folder which has a "dsound.dll" and yet another folder "plugins" with "debug-console-enabler.dll".
Where in the folder, "The Witcher 3" do I put those other mods folders and dll's?
I created a "Mods" folder there and copied the, "Debug Console Enabler v1.31-1555-1-31" folder into it but nothing happens when I run the game.
What exact files and folders go from where to where?

What I did do is add the "bin\config\base\general.ini" command "DBGConsoleOn=true" to allow the tilde to enter console mod.
That only allows a few commands though.
What files do I add or download to allow all commands like "makeitrain"?
Free camera mode also doesn't work; what is needed for that?

I tried using the Nexus mod manager but when I installed the mod it gave an error about being a wrong version.

I am asking here because I tried Googling, hehe verbing a trademark, but didn't get stuff specifc for 1.31 at least after the BandW DLC I have.
The various topics in this forum didn't help.
I mainly want the console allow all the commands list in places like IGN to work rather that only a few and free camera as well.

P.S. how do I determing whether I have the 64bit or not here. I have win7 but don't know where to find out.

dsound.dll and 'plugins' folder should go to your Witcher3_Installation_Directory\bin\x64\

P.S. If you can run TW3 - you have 64bit OS. The game won't work on 32-bit system.
If you want to be sure, you can check it in system properties (right click on Computer -> Properties, look for System type)

I tried doing that, both with and without the "DBGConsoleOn=true" part, and nothing happened differently.
Thanks for replying though.

P.S. Actually the greatest programmer created the internet on the seventh day but no one knew what that was so he rested; that's part is always left out. hehe

slothman32 I never used the steam version, but am sure it should work just like DeadMan451 said. Maybe try it manually. Are there different versions for the debug enabler, like gog and steam version or GOTY. I am still using an old version on my 1.31 GOG game. Maybe try that.
And debug never goes into the mods folder. It is no mod actually.

Other reasons for not working: did you have a older version? if so, you have to remove it. Did you have the latest version of C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 ?
Maybe this thread helps you as well.

Hi
i have the same thing with slothman32, using 1.31 goty from steam
What ive given a try is,
1. placing the witcher 3 dir out of program files (said it would interfere with mods),
2. patch using the unification 1.31 goty by wghost81 from nexus
3. tried with just 1 mod (Mods folder in witcher 3 dir)
4. use script merger for multiple mods
5. revert back to original content with 'verify integrity of game files' feature
with the mods on, compiler gives the same error, from content0, otherwise the game works fine

*sorry, not a native english speaker

Last edited:
MasterOfTheRings yeah, i cant get any mods to work, gave out the same error after compiling, no matter what the mod is, help?

Error [content0]game\definitionsmanager.ws(10): Structure 'SCustomNodeAttribute' was already exported.
Error [content0]game\definitionsmanager.ws(15): Structure 'SCustomNode' was already exported.
Error [content0]game\r4game.ws(10): Structure 'SSavegameInfo' was already exported.
Error [content0]game\r4game.ws(27): Structure 'SPostponedPreAttackEvent' already defined.
Error [content0]game\r4game.ws(19): Enum 'Platform' already defined.
Error [content0]game\temp.ws(12785): Enum 'EncumbranceBoyMode' already defined.
Error [content0]game\definitionsmanager.ws(23): Class 'CDefinitionsManagerAccessor' was already exported.
Error [content0]game\dlcmanager.ws(10): Class 'CDLCManager' was already exported.
Error [content0]game\r4game.ws(36): Class 'CR4Game' was already exported.
Error [content0]game\temp.ws(712): Class 'CTestTrigger' already defined.
Error [content0]game\temp.ws(787): Class 'W3KillTestTrigger' already defined.
Error [content0]game\temp.ws(1070): Class 'W2BalanceCalc' already defined.
Error [content0]game\temp.ws(1472): Class 'W3ProjectileShooterTest' already defined.
Error [content0]game\temp.ws(7091): Class 'ARDebugCameraRot' already defined.
Error [content0]game\temp.ws(7106): Class 'ARDebugCameraDist' already defined.

*dont mean to hijack this thread, just thought we have the same root problem

Cogwheelers If I am not mistaken right now, this error report has nothing to do with the mod, but the scripts of the game itself. First of all, try to start the game without any mod, if the error persits, delete the scrip part of you game directory, it is in the content0 folder and then verify/repair the game. It should solve any problems with corrupted files.

MasterOfTheRings Thanks man, it worked, turns out the files need to be deleted before verifying for repair, (definitionsmanager.ws, dlcmanager.ws, r4game.ws, temp.ws) as indicated by my error report, so happy :) thanks again, wish u good health and a good life.

MasterOfTheRings T, I tried that too but it didn't work.
I deleted, actually renamed, the content0\scripts folder and verfied via Steam.
After it fixed it so I could rerun W3, the problems were still there.
Nexus still didn't allow installing the debug console and the "no map edges" activated but didn't allow the game to run; that may be a wrong version though but I don't think so.
I could run the game before so that may not have been my problem, but it can't hurt to try.

Top Bottom