[Lighting Mods] Project E3

+
Valas991;n8169410 said:
dat bloom.

Also, it's probably a modified stlm, with his own reshade attached to it

I wont trust this guy anymore. He fooled everyone who believed he made this mod on his own. After feeling too guilty he admitted that he stole Essenthy`s novigrad env LOL. Not sure about the other areas. Time will tell.

waterbottle23 he was very new (just my opinion from what i seen on twitter) to moding lighting and probably dint know where to start so he borrowed some files whitout asking( and he is only 15 years old so yea). i truly believe he is doing everything on his own, and after all that stlm drama i really dont think he would copy any files from essenthy`s mod. sure he may use stlm as inspiration on Novigrad, as stlm Novigrad turned out perfect in my opinion but i think the rest of the regions will be all his own take on it

larsroar41t4;n8170610 said:
waterbottle23 he was very new (just my opinion from what i seen on twitter) to moding lighting and probably dint know where to start so he borrowed some files whitout asking( and he is only 15 years old so yea). i truly believe he is doing everything on his own, and after all that stlm drama i really dont think he would copy any files from essenthy`s mod. sure he may use stlm as inspiration on Novigrad, as stlm Novigrad turned out perfect in my opinion but i think the rest of the regions will be all his own take on it

He lied about the Novigrad lighting being his own work. You can't make excuses for the guy saying he was new to modding because lying is lying and he made fools of us who defended him. Not again.

larsroar41t4;n8170610 said:

Maybe but i still wont trust him till he releases his mod to see it with my own eyes.
Another thing that bothers me why does he make a lighting mod which wants to re-create the E3 lighting even if there is Essenthy who worked on it for about 1.5years?

waterbottle23 essenthy got a lot right in stlm, but there is a lot of aspects where stlm dint do to well. for exsample Velen, as it looks right now i just hate the look of it, the colors are so oversaturated whit orange grass and ugly lighting reflections on trees. shirataki is doing a different approach on Velen and many other regions from what i seen. no, much of it does not look like e3 but for me thats a good thing, he takes what looked good in e3 and applies what he thinks looks good in other regions.

I really don't see the point anymore. Most of these E3 imitations end up being unfinished or buggy and these modders always cherry pick the areas that look best when making their showcase vids. The fact that he copied STLM's Novigrad values also makes me wonder how much of his mod is really just inspired by STLM, and not E3 itself.

I think Boris (ENB creator) is the only one who would've been capable of bringing the game closer to the older builds, except he's stated that he's unwilling to work on this game.

Last edited:
larsroar41t4 Good point! And to be true i like Shirataki last video posted on youtube. But again taste for aesthetics is different from person to person. I think Lighting mod should not be based on E3, Novigrad is fantastic that is true, but other regions are lacking, i think we can use Scandinavia for base point for the rest of the game.

And i think Shirataki should be on forum and present his work even in early stages. It is much easier to fix something while working then when you have "finished" mod and because of bugs you need to go all over again and again on everything . Fix while you go, and we all can help in testing it.

Top Bottom