[Mod Request] E3 Hud

+
MrMoonshoes;n8617190 said:
alright this is probably gonna be the last time i post on this thread for a long time, maybe not at all until we're ready to release the mod..

dude i literally just made the image from the before to after that day, i then exported it to test it in game to get a feel for what needed improvements, i took a screenshot of that very first load up and then posted the image to share an (imo) exciting piece of progress. Idk why you don't seem to understand what a work in progress update is. You, Me and a couple other people on this forum literally just got done agreeing that it's probably best to wait until the mod's done before people start pointing out stuff like that, especially when it's not subjective.

Btw guys, just to make an over-emphatic analogy...what you're doing with this straw-poll shit is basically the same as a bunch of people in a neighborhood getting together to vote for the president and then expecting their vote to be the deciding factor and for the president to be elected according to their votes. MaiForn never said he would even consider the results of the vote you just kinda projected a false sense of obligation onto him.

1) It wasn't even a criticism, just an observation followed by a genuine attempt to provide some feedback which certainly was not meant to offend anyone.

2) My "let's take a vote" statement was surely in jest (the smiley face is an indicator of that) after which I tried to explain the difference in opinion with arguments. And other people just happened to feel the same way. It wasn't meant to rouse the crowd to really take a vote or make a straw poll.

3) Agreeing with what K4rx20 said - provided no visual updates are posted by the modders till the mod is released, the players won't have any criticism to say about those thus avoiding confusion and hurt feelings. MrMoonshoes by that logic not posting updates and not inviting criticism as a result is probably the right way to go. No need to be condescending about it though.

Last edited:
Why does everything that has anything with "E3" in it always end in an irrational argument? I'm surprised my Eredin mask doesn't have a long argument in it's replies. :areukiddingme:

Hey, all! This is my two cents as both moderator and an artist myself. I understand that many people got very excited about this project because the title "E3 HUD" put a certain idea in their minds. As is usual with humans, what exists in one person's mind is often not the same as what exists in another person's mind. So, there's a point of disparity.

With any creative process, it requires the artists to follow a vision. Decisions eventually have to be made ("Red" or "blue"? "Flashing light" or "pulsing glow"? "Pinch" or "swirl"? Etc.) At this point, it always requires a call, and only the director of the piece has the vision in its entirety. Trying to "include everyone's ideas" almost always results in a mess. There's another point of disparity.

Lastly, you have to "kill your darlings". Invariably (almost), the very thing that initially inspires someone to begin a piece won't make it to the end in its original form because...frankly...it doesn't really work. The piece grew and changed over time. There's yet another point of disparity.

To finish, the creators need to decide what's best for their work and effort. Other people with their own ideas in their own minds will wind up disagreeing. Humans, again. It's the creators' call when all is said and done.

Let's refocus on critiquing, not "ridiculing" -- expressing opinion, not "pushing and pulling".

Beautifully said SigilFey, Come on guys, We should all just take a break or something and let the modders work in peace and wait till they get it finished, then we can start with our ideas & requests. Also Good work for everyone that has helped on this project, please do take your time to work on the mod after all its a huge project :). Pst. for you guys that have nothing to do and keep browsing this topic 80 times a day you should try out Gwent: The Witcher Card Game it got into Open Beta yesterday.

Last edited:
Kayhan2000 Good catch with the BG. managed to extract it from the Witcher 2 files. did some recolouring and just wanted to leave this here to show its being worked on. It is a video, posted just screenshot because i didn't wanna upload big files.

disclaimer: All please be aware this is WIP. Someone is already working on improved colour correction. Posted this just to show progress

Last edited:
KamehamehaNudel;n8639770 said:
Kayhan2000 Good catch with the BG. managed to extract it from the Witcher 2 files. did some recolouring and just wanted to leave this here to show its being worked on. It is a video, posted just screenshot because i didn't wanna upload big files.

disclaimer: All please be aware this is WIP. Someone is already working on improved colour correction. Posted this just to show progress

God, I can see a child like inside mother.

KamehamehaNudel Wow. Great job! ANd Kayhan2000 sharp spotting there! That animated background from The Witcher 2 kinda makes you think that this is one of those "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" cases. CDPR just took their own design and adjusted it to fit the new game better and they got a beautiful result. Kudos to REDs and at the same time shame on them for changing it for the worse blank black vanilla background.

Just out of curiosity, what happened to all this Concept art stuff? Did somebody ask cdpr if they can provide stuff? did you receive some useful stuff?

K4rx20;n8664370 said:
Just out of curiosity, what happened to all this Concept art stuff? Did somebody ask cdpr if they can provide stuff? did you receive some useful stuff?

We recieved few textures from Vladimir Vilimovsky, that's it. Fernando Forero haven't answered to my last e-mail. As much as CDPR is okay with using pre-release stuff, you need to already have it, they won't provide us with anything pre-vanilla.

VedmakOfOld;n8698190 said:
I wonder how DreaLL47 's swordplay animations from E3 DodgeSystem would look with the E3 inventory instead of a static pose.

Already tried, doesn't look good. The sword is dancing all over the place, even if the animation is slowed, it looks weird.

linaswas_001;n8698510 said:
Already tried, doesn't look good. The sword is dancing all over the place, even if the animation is slowed, it looks weird.

Gotcha. I thought that the inventory with that animation might look too busy. A shame that it is indeed so.

*MiniMap Update*

thought i'd share some info and a image.
due to a drive that stored all my work dying, i have to start all the minimaps again.
so with that in mind all screens i've posted should be forgotten about as i wont be repainting the minimaps, replacing the trees or the roofs for the "initial" release
MAYBE in a update to the minimaps.

http://imgur.com/ZgQHDNB

Top Bottom