An actual overhaul gameplay mod (active Skills, Classes, etc)

+
An actual overhaul gameplay mod (active Skills, Classes, etc)

I would like to know if people would like to see an actual gameplay overhaul mod for the game, loosely based on Star Wars Galaxies (PRE-CU) and Dragon's Dogma.
This is just a sketch to give an idea, and things may change.

New Active Skills:

Only one part of the skill tree would be passive, while the rest would be active skills requiring specific key pressed to trigger the skill, with different combat results from standard attacks.

=====New Classes=====

Witcher:

Basic starting class. Jack of all trades, master of none.
Can use steel and silver swords, basic signs, light and medium armors.
Has three special combat modes which can be toggled anywhere during combat.
First boosts steel sword effiency while lowering silver sword and sign effiencies.
Second boosts silver sword effiency while lowering steel sword and sign effiencies.
Third boosts sign effiency while lowering both swords effiencies.

Swordsman:

Specialized class unlocked after a certain level and after a certain number of kills performed with the steel sword.
Master of the steel sword. A witcher who has considered humans the worst of all monsters.
Can only use a steel sword (which can also be used to handle non-natural monsters, although with less bonuses) and medium and heavy armors.
Only class able to use half-swording to penetrate thick armor.
Has three special combat modes which can be toggled anywhere during combat.
First, the defensive mode. Geralt cannot attack or counter, but any parried attack will lower the attacker's stamina even further.
Second, the counter offensive mode. While still unable to attack, Geralt can now both parry and counter, although the stamina penalty to the attacker is lowered from defensive mode.
Third, the offensive mode. Geralt cannot parry or counter, but all his sword attacks are faster.

Hunter:

Specialized class unlocked after a certain level and after a certain number of kills performed with the silver sword.
Master of hunting. A witcher which will employ tactics before muscle.
Can only use the silver sword (which can also be used to handle natural monsters, although with less bonuses), medium armors and crossbow.
Only class able to use rolls, oils and bombs.
Has two special combat modes which can be toggled anywhere during combat.
First, a melee focused mode. The speed of Geralt's dodges and rolls are increased, but is unable to use bombs and the crossbow.
Second, a ranged focused mode. Crossbow reloading and firing rate is greatly increased aswell as the rate at which bombs can be thrown, however, Geralt is unable to perform dodges and rolls.

Mystic:

Specialized class unlocked after a certain level and after a certain number of sign use during combat.
A magic witcher. A witcher which will master the arcane instead of the sword.
Cannot use any weapons and can only use light armors.
Only class able to power his unarmed attacks with magic and the only class able to use advanced magic.
Has two special combat modes which can be toggled anywhere during combat.
First, an unarmed focused mode. The speed of Geralt attacks and dodges are greatly increased, but is unable to use signs, except for his magic unarmed attacks.
Second, a mage mode. Geralt's signs will cost less stamina but he will be unable to dodge and perform unarmed attacks.

=====Alchemy=====

Every witcher class can use potions.
Red, blue and green mutagens are removed, instead every monster mutagen will have unique properties.
Special monsters will randomly spawn in your world. Those monsters when killed will give you an unique mutagen and levels your alchemy.
For every alchemy level, you will receive one alchemy point, which can only be used to purchase alchemy skills.

=====Weapons=====

No more specific sword type for certain enemies. Sword usage will mostly depend on class, with steel swords giving better bonuses against natural monsters while silver swords giving better bonus against unnatural monsters.

=====Armors=====

Armor types will have unique properties, no more just an higher number.
While light and medium armors will still have their armor rating, heavy armors will have a rating of 0, with a % of damage reduction instead.
Depending on the armor type, it might contain bonuses related to its type, such as less stamina consumption for signs on light armor, less stamina consumption on medium armor for evasive maneuvers, etc.

=====Items=====

Items will no longer have levels and their usefulness will scale based on their crafted level.
All swords and armors in-game will be able to be upgraded from basic, to enhanced, to superior, and then mastercrafted.

by Cthulhu (He is the creator of http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1764/? and asked me to post this to gather oppinion about the idea)

This sounds like a dream combat system. I have one question tho. How will it be with obtaining gold? Because in vanilla, Geralt can get ridiculously rich by opening few random chests or completing few quests, while in the books he is living from hand to mouth.

Even if my voice doesn't carry much weight, I would really like to see this awesome project become real.

Last edited:
Sounds great. I am for.
but are you gonna make all these changes with vanilla content? No addind smth yours, right?

Sound cool on paper, but how are you going to make it work? Balancing is especially hard seeing as in-game you'll encounter all sorts of threats. If you are weak against monsters you are kinda fcked when you encounter monsters and vice versa for humans.

I dunno, I trust them to be able to balance it. This is kind of one of those Les Claypool auditioning for Metallica kind of situations I think though - like this is so much that you could probably make your own game. This is some needs-beta-testing level stuff. It almost feels like we couldn't possibly deserve all the effort lol. But hey if you really do want to do it... alright!

Top Bottom