Changing the normal map of a texture does not appear to work

+
Changing the normal map of a texture does not appear to work

I am trying to emboss a logo on Geralt's armor shirt. I can paste the logo into the default texture file

t_01_mg__shirt_d01.tga

and create a mod and then see my new texture just fine.

Then I'm pasting the normal map of my logo created with the Gimp normalmap plugin into the default normal map file

t_01_mg__shirt_n01.tga

and when I import/cook/pack, the output of wcc_lite says it packed both the texture and normal map:

[2017.05.06 17:57:54][Info][WCC] Building the metadata store took 0.0 sec ( 1 bundles, 2 file entries )

But I see no difference in the logo when I load the new mod.

Could we get a screenshot of your two new maps and vanilla/modded screenshots? My reflex note is that the gimp normal map plugin's standard setting is super mild; sometimes you need to increase the "scale" to double-digits to get a solid result. No condescension intended if you already knew that, though

marzipanstan;n8489600 said:
Could we get a screenshot of your two new maps and vanilla/modded screenshots? My reflex note is that the gimp normal map plugin's standard setting is super mild; sometimes you need to increase the "scale" to double-digits to get a solid result. No condescension intended if you already knew that, though

That was the problem. Thank you!

Attachments

• logo.png
    logo.png
    513.9 KB · Views: 72
Top Bottom