[MOD REQUEST] Redefine witcher armors sets (-basic+grandmaster)

+
[MOD REQUEST] Redefine witcher armors sets (-basic+grandmaster)

Hi there fellas,

A little request, I don't like Toussaint but I like the new armors added with the extension (grandmaster armors and Manticore armor), so what I would like to do is:

-Begin all witcher set armors (except for the wolf set) with the enhanced versions and ending them with the grandmaster versions, that will look like that: enhanced>superior>mastercrafted>grandmaster instead of basic>enhanced>superior>mastercrafted, no change to stats, so the enhanced one has the stats of the basic one, the superior one of the enhanced and so on, basically only the appearance of the armor change, keeping all the rest

-Replace a high level armor by the Manticore armor

So if someone can do that, I will be very grateful, or at least show me how can I do it myself.

Thanks! :)

Get the modkit, unpack the game files, and dig into the item xml's.

My suggestion would be simply copy/pasting the stats from higher level gear onto the lower level, then adding the 'set' related tags to the mastercrafted pieces. If you want the appearance to change that's easily done as well right there in the xml's. To get the grandmaster and manticore stats, tags, and appearance you need to look in the dlc\bob\data\gameplay folder.

For manticore gear, you want to craft the set in the base game before B&W? You need to get the diagrams. You could add them to the master armorer shop inventory, or put them in a high level quest reward. You wouldn also need to change the diagram to be craftable by the master armorer rather than the unique craftsman in toussaint. Check out the different diagram craftsman levels to get the right one.

This idea is pretty easy to implement, just rearrange some data in the item xml files and cook it up.

So I modified these files from gameplay/items folder (I don't need NG files):

def_item_crafting_armor
def_item_crafting_boots
def_item_crafting_gloves
def_item_crafting_pants
def_item_crafting_weapons

I want to keep the default stats and change only the appearance of the armors, I modified only these lines:
So for basic bear armor:
Code:
equip_template="t_01_mg__bear_lvl[B]1[/B]"
changed to
Code:
equip_template="t_01_mg__bear_lvl[B]2[/B]"
Code:
icon_path="icons/inventory/armors/bear_armor_64x128.png"
changed to
Code:
icon_path="icons/inventory/armors/bear_armor_[B]1[/B]_64x128.png"
Code:
<variant equip_template="t_01a_mg__bear_lvl1" category="gloves">
changed to
Code:
<variant equip_template="t_01a_mg__bear_lvl[B]2[/B]" category="gloves">
And same things for others levels.

After installing the mod, I lost boots, gloves, pants and I think also weapons from my stash, only the armor is still there but it's the mastercrafted one, not the grandmaster that I want.

Do I missed something?

EDIT: I lose also other armors when I delete the mod... I restored them by loading an old save.

Last edited:
Ok I see, you just want to change the appearance/models. I don't have the files in front of me, but I think you did the right thing. I don't know what went wrong, I would have to examine your edited xml's.

Make sure every change you made is using a reference that existed in the original files, copied exactly. Also, make sure you didn't delete any of the organizational characters used in the xml. If you are missing a " or a > or a / somewhere, everything below it will not load into the game. That's what I would check first.

CAPA14;n8534250 said:
Got an idea... why not just swap the definition names instead of the templates?

You mean in the _armor_stand_variants_extension.xml file? Replacing this:
Code:
<item_extension name="Bear Armor">
                <variants>
                    <variant equip_template="t_01_mg__bear_lvl[B]1[/B]_armor_stand">
                        <item>_armor_stand</item>
                    </variant>
                    <variant equip_template="t_01a_mg__bear_lvl[B]1[/B]_armor_stand" category="gloves" all="true">
                    </variant>
                </variants>
</item_extension>
by this:
Code:
<item_extension name="Bear Armor">
                <variants>
                    <variant equip_template="t_01_mg__bear_lvl[B]2[/B]_armor_stand">
                    </variant>
                    <variant equip_template="t_01a_mg__bear_lvl[B]2[/B]_armor_stand" category="gloves" all="true">
                    </variant>
                </variants>
</item_extension>
?

No not stand...

Nvm that idea it will not deliver what you desire.

You were doing it right.

Btw how are you cooking this? Are you using W3Editor? You should.

Or if you are cooking with a modkit based GUI put the XMLs in the Cooked folder not Modded.

CAPA14;n8537520 said:
No not stand...

Nvm that idea it will not deliver what you desire.

You were doing it right.

Btw how are you cooking this? Are you using W3Editor? You should.

Or if you are cooking with a modkit based GUI put the XMLs in the Cooked folder not Modded.

I used your mod (W3Oven) for cooking, and yes, I put the XML in cooked folder (and uncooked also).

Olddddd;n8537550 said:
I used your mod (W3Oven) for cooking, and yes, I put the XML in cooked folder (and uncooked also).

Well should work. Tried removing all mods to test just this?

gogabus, CAPA14, I just tried and I lost again all craft armors and also the ability to craft them.

Do I need to add files in the cooked folder other than the 5 files I modified?

Well you might be doing something wrong on the XML then...

Another approach though forgeting about XML... Would be renaming the entities themselves, ex: copy the t02 and rename to t01, copy t03 rename as t02.... so on
Note: You will not change the ones that has "_meshes" on the name.

Another option would be AMM, but you already know that :p

CAPA14;n8543180 said:
Well you might be doing something wrong on the XML then...

Another approach though forgeting about XML... Would be renaming the entities themselves, ex: copy the t02 and rename to t01, copy t03 rename as t02.... so on
Note: You will not change the ones that has "_meshes" on the name.

Another option would be AMM, but you already know that :p

Where can I find these files? I found some files related to bear armors in characters\models\geralt\armor\armor_bear but not the files "t_01_mg__bear_lvlX".

CAPA14;n8544780 said:
If you haven't found yet they are in "items/...."

Nothing named "t_01_mg__bear_lvl1" in items folder, what's the full path?

Last edited:
CAPA14;n8579470 said:
items\bodyparts\geralt_items\trunk\witcher_bear

I have only the quest_unique_items folder under bodyparts. But I was wondering, if I use this method, this will not interfering with other mods that change armors, like your redesign of the bear armor?

Dude, you need to use W3Edit... Are you using it?

ofc it will conflict with mods that change entities :p

Top Bottom