+
No Title

Edited that line, but now I get this error

Attachments

• photo135120.png
    photo135120.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 125
PATROL;n8556350 said:
Sorry, I took number from my file. In your case it's 1728 :)

Here's it:
thePlayer.RemoveAllNonAutoBuffs( , true );

You have to remove comma. I have even completely empty brackets, without comma and "true". and it's working.

Here's proof that it's working:

You are my Hero :D Thank you kindly. Yes, now it's working.

Perhaps the easiest and safest way is to copy "r4Game.ws" and paste it to the "modAnselUtilities\content\scripts\game" folder and edit it there. This line (1728) in the "r4Game.ws" file should look like:

thePlayer.RemoveAllNonAutoBuffs( true );

skacikpl - Thanks for your work :D Unfortunately without this trick "Ansel Utilities" just won't work. I've checked it on the fresh installation of The Witcher 3. The new and shiny 40 GB of files and still the same compilation errors.

Still, even after a fresh installation, can't run the game through GOG Galaxy. Yesterday everything was O.K. I see in the Windows Task Manager that "witcher3.exe" is running and eats more and more RAM, but the game won't pop up and start :(

Edit: Of course, as Skacikpl said, the Hires shadows works on Geralt until he enter any dialogue or cutscene. After that only "save and load" helps.

Last edited:

Guest 2364765

Guzio;n8563840 said:
As far as I understand, it's not fixable :(

It can't be fixed because that's how CDPRojekt designed it on C++ side.

Basically there's a function which checks whether actor should be using high resolution shadows, you can spawn actor with them enabled by default and that will work. However once you do anything that triggers the function (like dialogues) it will naturally turn them off and this cannot be overridden as it's a C++ function. AND it cannot be switched back on since changing this value also triggers that function which makes it turn off again instantly.

Fastest "hack" to turn it back on without reloading is to respawn player entity using Geralt or Ciri console command as it'll respawn your actor again.

If you'd want to do it the hacky and very conflicting way then you'd have to find every place that triggers the change and forcibly respawn player entity at those points.

Our only hope is that CD PRojekt Red maybe will add an option to force high resolution shadows on the game characters in future update.

One optimistic thing is that, after the newest GOG update (1.2.8) I can launch The Witcher 3 in the normal way :)

Guzio;n8564130 said:
Our only hope is that CD PRojekt Red maybe will add an option to force high resolution shadows on the game characters in future update.

One optimistic thing is that, after the newest GOG update (1.2.8) I can launch The Witcher 3 in the normal way :)

CDPR is done supporting the game; they will not release any further updates.

skacikpl;n8563920 said:
It can't be fixed because that's how CDPRojekt designed it on C++ side.

Basically there's a function which checks whether actor should be using high resolution shadows, you can spawn actor with them enabled by default and that will work. However once you do anything that triggers the function (like dialogues) it will naturally turn them off and this cannot be overridden as it's a C++ function. AND it cannot be switched back on since changing this value also triggers that function which makes it turn off again instantly.

Fastest "hack" to turn it back on without reloading is to respawn player entity using Geralt or Ciri console command as it'll respawn your actor again.

If you'd want to do it the hacky and very conflicting way then you'd have to find every place that triggers the change and forcibly respawn player entity at those points.

What's the difference between Geralt and NPCs then? Why do they work and Geralt doesn't without the reload?

Guest 2364765

lucheimManeuver;n8662470 said:
What's the difference between Geralt and NPCs then? Why do they work and Geralt doesn't without the reload?

They also disable on NPCs once they are involved in dialogue.
Anything that triggers the function to re-check whether given actor should use high res shadows will disable them during gameplay for given actor. And on code level both NPCs and player are Actors.

PATROL;n8553530 said:
Yeah, I was using 1.3 when I tried that things, I see in 1.5 you got mimics and Geralt's hires shadows! Thank you very much!

1.5 ??? Where i can find ver 1.5? on nexus can download ver 1.3

p.s.
sorry for my english

Guest 2364765

RUN4Y0URL1F3;n9505411 said:
Sorry for reviving this thread.

Can someone explain to me how to activate HiRes shadows on Geralt with the Ansel Utilities mod?

I also have the HQ faces and mimic and NPC shadows mods (see below).

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1024/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1902/?

Thanks in advance.

Once Ansel utilities are enabled, high res shadows are enabled for all actors.
Also don't use rmemr's mod along with Ansel utilities, Ansel utilities does exactly what his mod does and thus you're doing same thing twice.

skacikpl;n9507181 said:
It's enabled when you install the mod

and it doesn't require you to use the HQ faces mod, as it forces LOD0 by itself.

Thank you very much! It's working!

It's a shame that the High Quality shadows on Geralt disappear after dialogs.

Top Bottom