E3 2014 backwords dodge problems, help please??

+
MrMoonshoes;n8641540 said:
100% this, it makes absolutely no sense to be so disrespectful while also trying to dissuade a guy from pursuing a hobby he enjoys. Like don't bother playing basketball with your friends michael jordan's already the best... unbelievable

@dvirzigel sorry man i wish i could help but i haven't even touched the animations in this game. goodluck though it'll be a great feeling when you finally get it to work on your own.

I gotta say I wish dvirzigel all the luck in the world with fixing his mod. But at this point it seems to me that doing so (basically doing a second mod that does the same thing that DreaLL47 's E3DodgeSystem does) would be just counterproductive. It's common sense plain and simple - rather thatn trying to flood the space with similar mods it'd be better to release something that's not been done before - namely what folks are begging him for - jumping+examining animations.

If a mod with those (jumping+examining a clue) already existed then sure it'd be fun to see wht he could come up with regarding dodging animations. But at this point it'd just be useless oversaturation of the mod market so to speak where the same thing already exists while also ignoring the community regarding the more interesting part of his mod.

It depends to who you're referring... is it better for those waiting for new mods? Yeah, sure. It is better for him? Not really, since he wants to do it his way and wants to fix it.
Nexus is already flooded with thousands of mods similar to eachother... all these witcher lore-friendly, eyes, reshades, retextures of stuff and so on. That's good in my eyes since we have more choices!

While having completely new mods is amazing (and I agree with you there) you gotta think that he might be doing this just for the sake of improving his modding skills or for whatever reason he's doing. The community doesn't really matter when he's the one doing the mod. Pretty sure he will carry on his way till he finds a way to fix it and then I'm pretty sure he will focus on other stuff, probably those (really good btw) e3 exploration animations.

Ramon242;n8647040 said:
I made a guide a while back but not sure if it would be of any use in this case:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/foru...d-rough-guide-on-replacing-editing-animations

Did you only replace the animation name in the pc_gameplay.w2beh file? There really shouldn't be such a huge delay for something as simple as dodging backwards.

I've done that and a bunch of other stuff like changing the duration which only had an effect if I did it to the actual backwards dodge but everytime I just add that dialogue file that contains it the animation just doesn't work which makes Geralt move but without movement.

Hyadum;n8651950 said:
It depends to who you're referring... is it better for those waiting for new mods? Yeah, sure. It is better for him? Not really, since he wants to do it his way and wants to fix it. Nexus is already flooded with thousands of mods similar to eachother... all these witcher lore-friendly, eyes, reshades, retextures of stuff and so on. That's good in my eyes since we have more choices!
While having completely new mods is amazing (and I agree with you there) you gotta think that he might be doing this just for the sake of improving his modding skills or for whatever reason he's doing. The community doesn't really matter when he's the one doing the mod. Pretty sure he will carry on his way till he finds a way to fix it and then I'm pretty sure he will focus on other stuff, probably those (really good btw) e3 exploration animations.

Every single part of this is spot on. I wish i could give more than 1 redpoint.

Top Bottom