Monsters recelored

+
Monsters recelored

Hi everyone!

I've done some changes to monsters' textures and would like to share my work with you. If you have any suggestion, noticed a bug i'd be glad to hear about it ;)

I'm not a professional graphic designer so i know that this mod is nor perfect, but need to start somewhere.

Link to mod page: HERE

Quantifiable;n8807020 said:
Did you just change the saturation, i see no other color change? Most of those look near identical.

Saturation is the most noticeable change, I've added also some new textures for minor details and some "edited gimp brushes". Maybe someone who doesn't know what exactly and where was added doesn't see this at first glance. Changes contains back of monsters' body of course, too, but i haven't done comparison images for that yet and don't know if I'll do it.

XarooN;n8807540 said:
Saturation is the most noticeable change, I've added also some new textures for minor details and some "edited gimp brushes". Maybe someone who doesn't know what exactly and where was added doesn't see this at first glance. Changes contains back of monsters' body of course, too, but i haven't done comparison images for that yet and don't know if I'll do it.

Ok well what's the point of making minute changes that will remain invisible throughout gameplay, unless i decide to take close up pictures of the monsters?

Quantifiable;n8808380 said:
Ok well what's the point of making minute changes that will remain invisible throughout gameplay, unless i decide to take close up pictures of the monsters?

It's not minute changes and it's visible throughout gameplay if someone knows game very well. Some changes make "dirty" effect - it's minor change, but can be noticed when someone pay attention to details.If you are not person like this, it's probably that you will see only saturation, nothing more.

K4rx20;n8808590 said:
XarooN Thanks for your work man! Personally i think a subtle change is way better than making huge changes that do not even fit the theme!

Thanks for your that, appreciate it ;)

Last edited:
K4rx20;n8808590 said:
Quantifiable Man calm down, no need to devalue someones work. Thats just disrespectful.
XarooN Thanks for your work man! Personally i think a subtle change is way better than making huge changes that do not even fit the theme!

What's disrespectful is to accuse others of something due to your own shortcoming when it comes to reading comprehension. I asked a serious question and somehow you get offended on his behalf and turn it into "devaluing" his work.

GregorWladacz;n8808970 said:
Quantifiable classic :/ Please stay constructive. If you don't like something, don't use it. Please stop to be condescending.

Same thing goes for you. If you think my comment was condescending then you don't know what that word means, or maybe you're just reading into it that way on purpose because you have a personal grudge.
I didn't even say that I don't like it, and I don't need you to remind me that I don't have to use something I dislike.
Are the forums supposed to be a positive feedback loop echo-chamber? I don't see you complaining whenever someone leaves a pointless comment of appraisal devoid of any "constructive feedback". I didn't just leave a comment saying "this is garbage", I made an observation and asked a question.

Moderator: Back on topic, please, and try to remain respectful. Reasonable constructive feedback on a mod is welcome, if the mod's author invites it; however, insults, personal criticisms and skirmishes between users are not.

Uploaded version 1.2 with 8 new retextured monsters. I think there is more visible changes, so even people like Quantifiable should be satisfied ;) But besides, why there's so low number of mods,which are focused on monsters' textures and meshes?

I hope you enjoy this mod.

ro0415;n8862000 said:
it would be nice to see a video of how the recolored monsters look in game, compared to the vanilla ones

I will try to find a free time to do it. Strange that I missed it ^^ Or maybe there's someone who could do it?

Last edited:
It would be great, because to be honest, i'm not good at it, so my video would be i'd say average.

XarooN;n8862540 said:
It would be great, because to be honest, i'm not good at it, so my video would be i'd say average.

oh sry i misread, i meant to do a comparison whit pictures. but i can maybe contact some of the big showcase youtubers for you, like Hodilton and some others

Last edited:
It's ok, Hodilton probably won't do it, because he records mostly reshade presets and lightings mod, i will contact with It'sAGundam ;)

Top Bottom