[Mod Request]Make Longer Rend same as Longer Whirlwind - video inside.

+
[Mod Request]Make Longer Rend same as Longer Whirlwind - video inside.

Hey guys , as you know , you can put Runewords to some of your items.
The Severance Runeword increases your Rend and Whirlwind Range and by doing it , adding Sword Trails to them.
Before we keep going - this mod ( http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/924/? ) not helping me at all because it removes all Sword Trails and i dont want it .

My Video Link-
https://youtu.be/iX7OrMAEAaA - if its low quality just wait abit .

So as you can see in my video im using Whirlwind with the Severance runeword and now my Whirl can hit monsters from a longer range , it also add new Sword Trails to the Whirlwind , they are Clear sword Trails as you can see. and I really like it , it feels like geralt swings the sword so fast and they show up

You can also see in the video that Im using Rend , but instead of getting "Clear" Trails like the Whirlwind , Im getting this "RED" Trail to Rend and I dont like it at all !

So my request is : Is there a way to replace the RED color for Rend with the Clear Trails from Whirlwind ? this way it will make the Rend feel more real for me .

Thanks and sry for making a new Thread , please Delete the old one !

The sword trails are created by .w2p files in the /dlc/ep1/data/fx/runeword/ folder, and it should suffice to change the editorColor of the one which is used for Rend to make it clear. I might consider doing this in the future, but for now, you can do it yourself if you really want to.

Last edited:
TensorCalculus;n8857820 said:
The sword trails are created by .w2p files in the /dlc/ep1/data/fx/runeword/ folder, and it should suffice to change the editorColor of the one which is used for Rend to make it clear. I might consider doing this in the future, but for now, you can do it yourself if you really want to.

sadly i have no idea how to do it .
i did 1 mod in my life and it was new stats for the New Moon armor set , i also no longer have the tools i used back in the day.

Download Sarcen's Witcher 3 Editor, then click "create new mod". Call it "BetterRendTrail", or something like that; next, click on "Add File". Navigate to /dlc/ep1/data/fx/runeword/, and add the .w2p files from this folder. Examine the attributes of their respective particle emitters in order to determine which is for rend (one way might be to see which one has the editorColor with the highest red value, since you said Whirlwind has clear trails when using Severance). After you have ascertained this, delete the one which is not for Rend, then click on the primary particle emitter for Rend, and edit it so that red is set to zero. Then, click save all. Lastly, click on "Pack and Install Mod"; the mod should show up as "modBetterRendTrail" in your [Witcher 3 Directory]/mods folder. If you want to set it to higher priority than another mod, rename it, for instance, "modAAABetterRendTrail".

Last edited:
TensorCalculus was kind enough to be very descriptive. I can try to make what he suggested, as I have some experience now with the relevant tools after making two mods and it doesn't seem so hard. However, as i haven't played the game at all, there are some really basic things that I don't know. Like for example, are runeswords an addition to the base game from the DLC? So that is why the relevant files are found in the dlc folder?

And JellyBelly, would you be willing to be the first to test the mod I make?

Cercaphus;n8990690 said:
TensorCalculus was kind enough to be very descriptive. I can try to make what he suggested, as I have some experience now with the relevant tools after making two mods and it doesn't seem so hard. However, as i haven't played the game at all, there are some really basic things that I don't know. Like for example, are runeswords an addition to the base game from the DLC? So that is why the relevant files are found in the dlc folder?

And JellyBelly, would you be willing to be the first to test the mod I make?

ofcourse i would test the mod
Runewords are from DLC ( Hearths of stone)

So, a couple of clarifications: I looked at rend on a youtube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9U1Qs1yQiU) that dates from May 27 2015 and it looks like having the same trail as without the runeword. That means, that only whirlwind may have changed after HoS, for which I'm not sure 100% because I also looked at this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EHmLkXZJYw created before HoS. If you have time let me know if what you see in those videos corresponds with my observations about the weapon trails of Rend and Whrilwind in order not to waste time on creating 10+ different mod versions to test. And one more thing: Does any runeword have anything to do with aard?

Cercaphus;n8994060 said:
So, a couple of clarifications: I looked at rend on a youtube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9U1Qs1yQiU) that dates from May 27 2015 and it looks like having the same trail as without the runeword. That means, that only whirlwind may have changed after HoS, for which I'm not sure 100% because I also looked at this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EHmLkXZJYw created before HoS. If you have time let me know if what you see in those videos corresponds with my observations about the weapon trails of Rend and Whrilwind in order not to waste time on creating 10+ different mod versions to test. And one more thing: Does any runeword have anything to do with aard?

They both have trails - rend got a red trail and whirl got a clear one , im looking for a way to make the Rend trail , clear as the Whirl one , i also uploaded a video in the post if u want to check it out .
regarding Aard , yes there is a runeword for Aard i think .
also im using a Runeword that increases the range < for Whirl and Rend , so they Trails are bigger

I want to ask one more thing: That mod that you posted above that removes all trails, does it removes them also from whirlwind and rend? Have you used it?

JellybeIIy;n9028400 said:
Cercaphus
yes it removes all of them and im not looking for that

Thanks for the reply. I haven't had much time lately, what between my other mods and real life... xD

So, I checked that mod and it doesn't have any runeword related files. In other words the visual effects of Whirlwind and Rend are still determined by the relevant w2p files of the base game and are NOT affected by any changes caused from DLC runewords such as Severance. Practically that means that I have figured what files to modify but, they don't have anything to do with DLC EP1. I believe in a few days I will have something new to show here and on nexusmods! ;)

JellybeIIy;n9028400 said:
Cercaphus
yes it removes all of them and im not looking for that

Jellybelly kindly check your PMs, I sent you a tentative first version of the mod, test it and let me know what you see changed!

JellybeIIy;n10169352 said:
Hey Cercaphus
the mod work great now Rends look exactly like Whirl , without those red trails
but normal Strong attacks still got "red glow" to them

any chance any1 can fix the strong attack aswell and update the mod ?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/r4j04tnbsygnuuw/ClearRendTrail.rar

Thanks <3

What's the normal strong attack? There is no ETA from me about any update as I have other pressuring matters to attend do, but I will check it out sometime in the future.

No rush mate
if you do normal strong attacks you also see a red glow just like the Rend skill
wonder if you can fix it too
dont see any reason for a sword to glow red when u use it

Absolutely ridiculously late necro here but worth it...

First, thank you @Cercaphus for making this. It's exactly what I have been looking for all over the internets. Great job!

Secondly, just so you know @Jellybelly and for anyone else who might end up here by searching like I did, if you use this mod in conjunction with this fixed version of "Pesky Sword Trails Begone" then you will have no trails on arrows, fast attacks, or strong attacks, but will have 'clear' trails on Whirl and Rend, both of which extend appropriately with the Severance runeword.

Cheers!

Top Bottom