Revive the Live!!! But How?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moderator: Posts deleted. Ridiculing each other is not appropriate. You should all know that by now, so, please, don't.

I don't know, but since Traderain say that can change, this is probably the new tool he has in mind. Looks like a mod editor way more advanced.

Problem with all this is like skacikpl pointed out, low number of moders with good knowledge on what is what. You can count them on fingers. We can make new compendium, but again problem is same, timing, because when all this is finished and if, time will consume Witcher 3, we will have Cyberpunk and so on, sadly i think it is to late for big projects :( traderain why are you alwayes criptic, if you have something that can change things why not share it, it is final hour to do so.

As the saying goes, be the change you wanna see. If you want modding scene to thrive, get involved. There's been a few threads like this before and it always comes down to the lack of proper modding tools. There's too many requests floating around these forums but not enough active modders. Most of the real talent has already quit.

With that being said, this game doesn't HAVE to be the next Skyrim in terms of modding. It's simply not realistic. Games with that level of modding and community are incredibly rare. Nowadays, these boards only see posts by the same few regulars with the occasional request from a new member. The Witcher series never really had a modding scene until TW3 so naturally the community is gonna be smaller compared to some other series' with long-established ones.

I don't know how active the discord channel is but at this point we shouldn't expect whoever's left to swoop in and revitalize the scene. Just be grateful with what we got; there's tons of amazing mods out there for an already-good game, unlike Fallout 4/Skyrim which are notorious for being incredibly buggy. If anything, wait a year or two and see what happens; Dark Souls 1 is an incredibly old game and it wasn't until quite a bit of years later that some talented folk stepped in and made some very interesting tools for it.

This got rough. I think I got all the feedback I needed here and in private interactions. Moderators... maybe close this? Probably can't go into productive territory at this point.

Edit: I mean unless you all wanna keep going at it here. I've got what I needed anyway

Why all this bickering? I can understand the frustration and exasperation with modding Witcher 3; a game we all love deeply if we are still here, but why do you feel like bickering among yourselves? Traderain came to this discussion and offered some glimmer of hope (yeah, that does sound a bit over-the-top), he didn't get into more details here because, I suppose, he didn't want to promise anyone the sun and the moon. Leave it at that and wait for him to finish his work.

Now, for a bit of personal backstory. I have been a long-time Witcher fan, ever since the 1st game. Haven't read the books yet, mainly due to lack of time. Still, because of a ton of professional obligations, I only got Witcher 3 about a month ago, that is almost 2 years late. And I still haven't played the game more than 5 minutes and that is unevenly divided between two borrowed savegames. But that didn't prevent me, starting with 0 knowledge on modding Witcher 3 and 0 playtime, to release very recently a Triss remodel, a reshade, contributing a bit to a companion mod, responding to a mod request here on the CDPR forums and soon starting work on a combat mod.

Where I want to get with this? If there is a will there is always a way.

While it would be great to have the BEST tools, Skyrim-level documentation and whatnot, available tools are still good enough to create some impressive work (I'm not referring to my own), there are still good modders around with lots of experience and people interested to enjoy our work. While waiting for Traderain et al to release their work, we can all do some work on our own.

:)

marzipanstan;n8980270 said:
This got rough. I think I got all the feedback I needed here and in private interactions. Moderators... maybe close this? Probably can't go into productive territory at this point.

Edit: I mean unless you all wanna keep going at it here. I've got what I needed anyway

It seems that this thread has caused enough trouble. And since it already served it's purpose, it's time to close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom