[MOD REQUEST] Fix Dawn at the opening of TW3

+
[MOD REQUEST] Fix Dawn at the opening of TW3

At the opening of TW3, where Geralt and Vesemir are talking at the camp fire, Vesemir utters the words "Dawn is some way off...". However as he says this you can see the sky lighten. After a short conversation, Geralt states they should leave as it will be dawning soon but, there is already a yellow/orange sky as the sun begins to rise.

Is there anyway of slowing down the sunset until they actually start riding, perhaps just as they finish fighting the ghouls? There is a mod that does slow down the passage of time but, if I try to set this so that dawn, really is sone way off, people are still in their beds by the time you reach white orchard.

I'm looking for something that delays dawn just for that section. Can this be done?

LukeSparow;n9002120 said:
Wiedzmin Lighting Mod fixes this! There is also this little mod if you're not into lighting mods:
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2299/?

Thanks Luke. I am very interested in Wiedzmin Lighting Mod, I have been following it's progress - Although I didn't know that WLM fixed this issue. But, I don't want to use a lighting mod unless all glitches are resolved as I am a bit anal about that stuff. That's likely never going to happen because, from what I have read from other modders, it seems like this game is created in such a weird way in how different variables are linked together.

Last edited:
Than don't play game because even Vanilla have very large amount of bugs, wlm v7 will have very small amount that are not fixable because of limitation in game engine and distribution of ENVs (all of that bugs are present in Vanilla also) but comparing v7 with v6 will be day and night in a lot of situations ;) And to start with there was low amount of bugs people reported with v6 but i am familiar with every env from ground up and i am scaning them one by one and fixing everything i can :)

And it is weird but genius way to have perfomance friendly lighting, and + the way you can create and tie weather types, quest specific lighting, there is a lot of tehnology here and man boys @ CD projekt are genius, i am soo exsited for cyberpunk 2077 and what new technology will be implemented for it, because ENVs are such creative good way for it and it works :) Problem with Witcher was time, if they had more time for development and if they had time when switch happen this game would look much better with larger amounts of more optimised ENVs and more region split ENV files.

Mishikedman;n9004280 said:
Than don't play game because even Vanilla have very large amount of bugs

I am not putting down your work, your mod looks outstanding. Easily the best lighting mod I have seen, even better than STLM in my opinion. And, I also know the original has bugs too. But, sometimes modders, through no fault of their own, can't get their vision to come out right, because of how the game was made or the tools available. So, sometimes there are parts that really stick out. One that keeps coming to mind is how the sun in many, looks like a white ball. Not sure if thats something that modders figured out but was a pain point for many, for some time.

ummagoomba;n9004010 said:
Thanks Luke. I am very interested in Wiedzmin Lighting Mod, I have been following it's progress - Although I didn't know that WLM fixed this issue. But, I don't want to use a lighting mod unless all glitches are resolved as I am a bit anal about that stuff. That's likely never going to happen because, from what I have read from other modders, it seems like this game is created in such a weird way in how different variables are linked together.

Yeah I get that, but tbh WLM actually fixes a number of lighting bugs vanilla has.

Anyhow, it's your thing :)

LukeSparow;n9005500 said:
Yeah I get that, but tbh WLM actually fixes a number of lighting bugs vanilla has.

Anyhow, it's your thing :)

Does it really? That's interesting, I'll install it and give it a whirl. Is there anywhere that details what vanilla bugs have been fixed?

Thanks

Mishikedman;n9004410 said:
Just give it time for version 7 and i will buy you bear if you find bug that is not shared with Vanilla, because some are really not fixable.

I'll definitely give it a try. Looks like I might buy you a beer

Mishikedman;n9004280 said:
even Vanilla have very large amount of bugs

what bugs exactly does vanilla lighting have? i really am curious because i dont remember seeing any.

erxv Sun changing size in weather transitions it can be very, very big, many over bloom problems overall in all regions most noticeable in skellige, transitions for many interiors, torch lighting is very bright, underwater problems with color, touch light flare problem, some caves have day and night cycle, rain and all other weather fx activating in some interiors, and so on. I will make a list and it is big, overall vanilla is very unbalanced...

Mishikedman;n9006570 said:
erxv Sun changing size in weather transitions it can be very, very big, many over bloom problems overall in all regions most noticeable in skellige, transitions for many interiors, torch lighting is very bright, underwater problems with color, touch light flare problem, some caves have day and night cycle, rain and all other weather fx activating in some interiors, and so on. I will make a list and it is big, overall vanilla is very unbalanced...

Hi mishikedman, I read your posts here and I do believe that you one of the most knowledgeable persons when it comes to W3 lighting. I wanted to ask you one small question. I've seen in the fx>demos_and_temp_fx folder there is an env file named "darkness_upon_us". What lighting does it refer to? Are there any pictures of it? Is it used anywhere?

Can you send me that env, i only have cs403_ciri_energy_distort.w2mg in my base\fx\demos_and_temp_fx :) Maybe it is interesting one, i can test it :D

Top Bottom