"Something ends, something begins..." What were your best moments from The Witcher 3?

+
"Something ends, something begins..." What were your best moments from The Witcher 3?

"Something ends, something begins..."

So, as we have to accept the fact that there will be a long time till the next Witcher will be released! (If it ever will be released :crybaby:
I want to know what the best moments for you were in the Witcher 3!
Just to collect all moments in one Thread! To remember, to discuss about it, to share great and special moments!
Also to share all the Emotions that you had!

I don't know if there was already a Thread like this! But well....The Witcher 3 is now a little bit older than 1 year already! So i thought, why not opening a Thread about that now!

But for me....The Witcher 3 was the most emotional Game i probably ever played. I never felt such a strong connection to so many Characters and the World in a Game!
And when Ciri had her flashbacks while she was in the White Frost world i had also my own Flashbacks! Flashbacks about everything i experienced, bad and good moments! And when i started back again in Kaer Morhen after finishing the Game...i was just speechless...couldn't believe that it was over!

It was a beautiful Journey, but sadly everything has to end sometimes...
....but every Ending has a Beginning...!

So please share! :)

Attachments

• 292030_screenshots_20160603124546_1 (1).jpg
    292030_screenshots_20160603124546_1 (1).jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 625
  • Geralt bAw.jpg
    Geralt bAw.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
So when I think of "moments" I'm talking about very small slices of the game - scenes that give me a feeling.

The opening cut scene sequence of Yennefer in the battlefield outside White Orchard.
When the Bloody Baron names Dea.
Entering Novigrad for the first time.
Telling Yen nothing has changed for me either.
Everything about the wedding with Shani.
Entering Iris's painting world.
The cut scene and following conversation when Geralt first finds Ciri at the end of Isle of the Mists.
Vesemir's funeral.
The feeling of victory at the end of "Return to Bald Mountain."
Geralt and Phillippa's discussion about having a fivesome.
Ciri being revealed alive in the Something Ends, Something Begins ... Witcher ending.
The conversation with Regis in the Cemetery during La Cage au Fou.
Seeing Griggs in the land of 1000 fables.

Guest 3847602

Pretty much everything Rawls mentioned plus:

- Wandering in the dark with Keira
- Listening Priscilla's song
- Reading a letter Little Red's mom sent to her
- Dudu showing Geralt what Ciri looks like right now
- Boy's night at Kaer Morhen

- Dudu showing Geralt what Ciri looks like right now

That was for me a really interesting moment, because i wasn't sure which decision i should make!
I thought that Geralt may become to emotional in that moment, and he should wait to see Ciri in real!

But in the End i made the decision to show Geralt how Ciri looks like...and yeah...then he said that it was a "Bad Idea" >.>

"Damn knew it", i thought to myself...

Guest 3847602

That was for me a really interesting moment, because i wasn't sure which decision i should make!
I thought that Geralt may become to emotional in that moment, and he should wait to see Ciri in real!

But in the End i made the decision to show Geralt how Ciri looks like...and yeah...then he said that it was a "Bad Idea" >.>

"Damn knew it", i thought to myself...

I felt sorry for Geralt too, but that scene was still worth seeing it ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
the whole game was a great moment, just being with geralt in a new adventure was great in so many ways,
when i met Roche and Ves again, , Triss , Shani,

and many funny details, like, "there is an idiot screaming "ooodrin, ooodrin..."

there are of course some moments that trigger stong feelings, for example when Geralt finds Ciri in the isle of mists, that was moving,
and the battle at Kaer Morhen with the other witchers and Vesemir's act of bravery, that was sad too,
but everything fades as i saw this scene:

that was deep, and it feels like Geralt knows me, and he remembers all our adventures together for all this years, like he knows i am there with him,
sounds silly i know, but that scene, Geralt looking at me was the most strong emotional part in the whole series, at least for me

There are so many things to remember...dont know where to start.

-First start of Witcher 3 and looking from the balcony into the area with the music in the background. I was really happy in that moment :D
-First meeting with Yen
-First meeting with the crones
-Annabelle's Story
-Visiting Novigrad for the first time
-The Sleeping Vampire ( maybe he had the book under his pillow ? :D )
-Song from Priscilla
-Arrival at Skellige
-The Witchers- Night ( Summon the b*tches :D )
-First steps in Toussaint/Beauclair and land of 1000 fables
-Gaunter O'Dim
-HoS Wedding
-Orianna
-The Dialogue with Regis at the end of B&W ( fits very good)

That are for me the most important moments, but this list could go on and on.

Vesemir's funeral.

True that was also an emotional moment.

For me the best moment by far: Finding Ciri on the isle of mists... This moment was so awesome in my first playthough... I thought OMG!!!

I did not liked that moment much because i knew she could not be dead so early.

Last edited:
I felt sorry for Geralt too, but that scene was still worth seeing it ;)

Indeed!

---------- Post Merged at 08:59 PM ----------

that was deep, and it feels like Geralt knows me, and he remembers all our adventures together for all this years, like he knows i am there with him,
sounds silly i know, but that scene, Geralt looking at me was the most strong emotional part in the whole series, at least for me

Absolutely! 4th Wall breaking and Emotional at the same moment! Loved it! :')

---------- Post Merged at 09:05 PM ----------

For me the best moment by far: Finding Ciri on the isle of mists... This moment was so awesome in my first playthough... I thought OMG!!!

@saltyB Very nice idea!!! Thanks a lot!!! ;)

This Scene is already the greatest Scene in Video game History, for me personally! It is true perfection, and i hope people will still remember it even in 2-6 years! :)

- The first quest with Keira at the elven mage's hideout, that was the mission that got me hooked in this game
- Finding Ciri in the cabin and Geralt's reaction when he thought she was dead
- Ciri entering the tower at the end of the game with that music and all those flashbacks playing (that snowball fight was also great)
- Vesemir's death and funeral
- Syanna and Anna Henrietta hugging it out
- The scene on the docks with Triss (I was half expecting Geralt to say to Djikstra that it looked like the start of a beautiful friendship for them...but then Triss changed her mind^^)
- The baron finishing the ritual and telling his side of the story
- The painted world, I'm not really sure why but it really touched me emotionally

-First start of Witcher 3 and looking from the balcony into the area with the music in the background. I was really happy in that moment :D
-The Sleeping Vampire ( maybe he had the book under his pillow ? :D )

-The Witchers- Night ( Summon the b*tches :D )

Yeah, what a start into a Video game! :)

But do you mean with sleeping Vampire the "then fuck off" one or is there another one ? :D

And the Witcher night was quite a surprise for me, but for the whole Scene, you could just forget about everything bad and so on, about finding Ciri, about Uma and so on...that Scene was so hilarious! :D

Prologue
The Bloody Baron - the monologue, emotions and the acting was amazing
Priscilla's song
Seeing for the first time the crones
Yennefer in Skellige (The Wake quest)
Using Yen's megascope to hook up with bitches
Finding Ciri in the cabin and Geralt's reaction when he thought she was dead
Hearts of Stone theme - the music I mean the whole DLC was just amazing - dance with Shani
Blood and Wine first meeting with Regis

and the Blood and Wine ending

Geralt and Phillippa's discussion about having a fivesome.

That was also really brilliant, it was in the same quest i think:"
Philippa Eilhart: Don't you think it's time you stopped interfering in Ciri's life?
Geralt of Rivia: No.
Philippa Eilhart: But you do know we're not a pack of wolves you can just drive away from her with your sword.
Geralt of Rivia: Sure you are, and yes, I can. If the need arises.

I love how much Geralt cares for Ciri!

;)

Last edited:
Probably the most emotional moment in the game is when Geralt defeat the last of the crones (if Ciri dies at the end of the game) and then goes to franticly search for Vesemir wolf medallion that she took from Ciri, it a brilliant scene for me that really convey Geralt grief.

I also like the portray of Witcher in training at "The Bastion" and Lambert memories his training days and how he came to Kaer Morhen, also Moreau journals. They all give a more dark and critical look at Witchers than Geralt philosophical outlook of "It was our destiny".

The last conversation at the end of HoS (if you help Olgierd von Everec) was also quit memorable, probably one of the best written bits in the whole game.

Probably the most emotional moment in the game is when Geralt defeat the last of the crones (if Ciri dies at the end of the game) and then goes to franticly search for Vesemir wolf medallion that she took from Ciri, it a brilliant scene for me that really convey Geralt grief.

You got that Ending in your first Play-trough or already in another one?

Before I started my first playthrough I had stayed away from every (!!!) spoiler... So I have feared in this moment she could be really dead

I avoided the spoilers .
But from the story point of view, it was sure for me she cant be dead at the moment.
I have this problem also with many movies. If they show a Body i immediately start saying he/she's not dead or we see him/her later again.
Many times i'm right , and sometimes it's really annoying :D

But do you mean with sleeping Vampire the "then fuck off"

Yep, this one.

Last edited:
1. Geralt finds Yennefer.
2. Bloody Baron tell his story and named his daughter Dea.
3.Witch hunters and torture of Triss.
4. Yennefer in Skellige( all her quests and especially telling that Geralt still loves her).
5. Trial of the Grasses.
6.Finding Ciri on Isle of Mists.
7. Ciri reunion with everybody in Kaer Morhen(Especially her meeting with Yennefer and hearing Yennefer scream "Ciri").
8.Battle of Kaer Morhen( Vesemir death and Ciri using her power).
9. Geralt finish of Imlerith.
10. Ciri fight with Caranthir.
11. Ciri becomes a Witcher.
12.Fight with a huge toad (WTF was thatXD).
13. Go to the wedding with Shani and this whole quest.
14. Story of Iris von Everec and taking rose from her.
15. Meeting Regis again.
16. Sacrifice of Regis and him go into that cage.
17.Talking with vampires, the duchess and Geralt.
18. The Land of Thousand Fables.
19.Dettlaff kills Syanna and letting him go.
20. Geralt drinks with Regis and smile to the gamer.
21. Geralt and Yennefer finally have a home and their dream comes true.

Last edited:
I also forgot...the whole Witcher 3 + DLCs soundtrack...I mean do you remember when you land for the first time in Skellige and this song started to play?

I cannot describe how I just felt during the first visit in Skellige - such beautiful place...nostalgic song...definitely one of the best moments in the game for me...

Top Bottom