Sharing coins with hungry children in the middle of nowhere WTF?

+
Yes, the predilection for beer was so strong that there are artifacts of brewing in Germany from 800 BCE, and almost certainly that is an underestimate. Even Tacitus commented on the Germanii's fondness for beer (to the point of suggesting that the best way to subdue the tribes was to ship them large quantities of beer).

Brewing developed a little differently on the Continent from England, with home brewing (women's work, the trade of "alewife" or "brewster") prevalent long after brewing became industrialized on the Continent. Only industrial brewing could produce the complicated, time-consuming lager beers; earlier beers are what we know now as ales.

The orphans would probably spend their coin as soon as possible on beer, then as now a nutritious and cheap drink.

The orphans would probably spend their coin as soon as possible on beer, then as now a nutritious and cheap drink.

Hah! What a marvellous suggestion for some of our modern minds! Which would they chose, I wonder: Viziman Champion, Rivian Kriek, or Kaedweni Stout? (Redanian Lager seems a bit dear, at its current price.)

Hah! What a marvellous suggestion for some of our modern minds! Which would they chose, I wonder: Viziman Champion, Rivian Kriek, or Kaedweni Stout? (Redanian Lager seems a bit dear, at its current price.)

Viziman Champion is said to be vile, but may have the advantage of being cheap. Rivian Kriek or Kaedweni Stout would be more substantial. I would guess Sodden mead is temporarily out of production. Wines would be too expensive. Wartime distribution may limit their choices.

By the time you finish this game once, then finish it again on NG+, Geralt would have collected enough food and beverages (thanks to new zero weight inventory system) to feed every orphan from Nilfgaard to Zerrikania. Would be cool if there was a future patch (maybe part of the paid expansions) where Geralt can voluntarily donate food/water/money to any random beggar/orphan he can find for small EXP rewards (similar to brothels). I think you can give money to bums in GTA V

Not really on-topic, but could we please get the option to take Gretka out of Crow's Perch? Maybe to Marabella's orphanage in Novigrad?
It don't really feel comfortable with her staying there, especially after the Baron is gone.

atticmike;n42327 said:
Wow, so apparently, I gain more experience by sharing coins with hungry children that haven't had anything to eat for a week rather than food, way to go CDP Red oO.
I know it's an old thread, but you'll be pleased to know that it was patched. Now giving them food gives you more exp :p

Before the game came out I fantasized about a big quest-line where the witchers realize that witchers would always be needed, despite the unpleasant aspects of their creation, and decide to rebuild the witcher school. Getting Kaer Morhen fixed up, getting Kalkstein to handle the alchemical aspects of witcher creation (and hopefully finding a way to make the trial less deadly) getting some mages to help you, and finally of course: Giving the various orphans you encounter the choice to become witchers and send them off to the safety of Kaer Morhen.

Alas, they went with Geralt and co. being completely 100% against the idea of training new witchers.....which is the most lore-friendly alternative to be fair.

Too bad about those poor kids, would have liked to give them more food, or possibly both food AND money.

I like to imagine they just moved on and found a safe place, but I know it's unlikely... Oh well, such is war I suppose =(

I gave them food, which made more sense (there was no option to give food and money). If they'd try to buy something with coins, they could be robbed. Also, there is some marker on the map, indicating there is quest there. But I actually didn't get any quest, and noting was added to completed ones. So the marker wasn't correct, or that encounter isn't counted as a quest?

Gilrond-i-Virdan;n9629651 said:
that encounter isn't counted as a quest?
There are various incidental encounters, which, while interesting and often instructive, do not count as official quests in the log. There are a number of these scattered across the lands.

Sorry for reanimating an old thread, but I wanted share my logic here.
The quest specifically lets you observe a dead and eaten dog by the fire - meaning that the kids can easily eat dogs. When we arrive we kill a dog. So there's the food for them. And I gave money to them because as someone previously said, 25 crowns is plenty for them to have a chance to live. (if they don't get murdered for it...)

Playing this game in Dec 2022. Just want to notify all. I gave them 25 coins. Indeed received same amount of xp. But I ran into the children in Blackbough. So theybhave survived and moved. Don’t know if they are also there if you only give them food

just want to share this that this is the first quest which have a rather ok ending :)

topic can finally be closed and also the story as well lol. ( 7 years later)
Post automatically merged:

So Percival. You can rest at ease now

Before the game came out I fantasized about a big quest-line where the witchers realize that witchers would always be needed, despite the unpleasant aspects of their creation, and decide to rebuild the witcher school. Getting Kaer Morhen fixed up, getting Kalkstein to handle the alchemical aspects of witcher creation (and hopefully finding a way to make the trial less deadly) getting some mages to help you, and finally of course: Giving the various orphans you encounter the choice to become witchers and send them off to the safety of Kaer Morhen.

Alas, they went with Geralt and co. being completely 100% against the idea of training new witchers.....which is the most lore-friendly alternative to be fair.

Too bad about those poor kids, would have liked to give them more food, or possibly both food AND money.

I like to imagine they just moved on and found a safe place, but I know it's unlikely... Oh well, such is war I suppose =(

The same. They even say the same lines ( my father used to have a sword etc) unless they were exactly the samme

Top Bottom