This game just isn't hard enough.

+
you could try piss and fight with guards in Novigrad all the way through, because it's so damn hard and so long after you finishing them all :)

If you're on PC there are some excellent rebalance mods that do a great job of keeping the game interesting and challenging throughout. That being said, I hope CDPR take the time to revisit the difficulty on death march and/or add a new difficulty / NG+. Vanilla Death March is a joke beyond White Orchard.

Such a disappointment, even on the highest difficulty. Game should have included a dark mode, now we have to wait for an Enhanced Edition for that.

As someone who finished Insane and Dark Mode multiple times in TW2 difficulty in itself is meaningless, it's the satisfaction of combat, the good design of it that makes a game enjoyable not some random dweb one shotting you because the only way to make the game challenging and thus satysfying is nonsensical difficulty modes, not that W3 isn't already guilty of this.

The game is easier than I expected. The problem with it is that it consistently gets easier as you progress and nothing really puts up a challenge after like level 20. Death March feels more like "Hard" difficulty on Witcher 2 maybe slightly easier. Overall the game is amazing though.

As someone who finished Insane and Dark Mode multiple times in TW2 difficulty in itself is meaningless, it's the satisfaction of combat, the good design of it that makes a game enjoyable not some random dweb one shotting you because the only way to make the game challenging and thus satysfying is nonsensical difficulty modes, not that W3 isn't already guilty of this.

There's no doubt the combat could be improved. But its not much fun being able to just tank 95% of the enemies, especially on the highest difficulty. And that's even without using potions or oils.

The game gets progressively easier. That's the real problem. Even normal can be a bit of a challenge in the beginning. As you progress further you become increasingly more powerful until you can take enemies 10 levels higher than you like it's nothing.

Yawn. Just download a difficulty mod and stop waving your epeen, it is so unbecoming.

A. Epeen? What are you talking about?
B. I shouldn't have to download a mod. If they had of tested the game properly it would have been blatantly obvious that the game is extremely unbalanced.
C. I've pretty much done everything worth doing, its shame I could do it all with a fun difficulty.

Sorry but where "W3 is already guilty of this"? I didn't see a difficulty in there where enemies one-shot you (in fact all the contrary since you one-shot enemies through and through), neither if taking you out of guard, from behind and higher level than you and/or bosses (sadly, in fact),

While part of what you say can, indeed, be true, challenge IS part of enjoyment on combat mechanics. Without challenge you can even have the most fun and fluid combat mechanics existent but they will feel void nonetheless, just because there's no sense of achievement in what you do. If that was not the case the best combat mechanic would be a very fluid system where you one shot everything, giving you a realistic sense of what it happens in reality, and yet the best games at combat design do TOTALLY the opposite (or they don't go with the realistic, or if they go with there then they tied it with very slow paced and methodical combat).

I still remember when playing Ninja Gaiden or Beast (the old Amiga) in the past where every level was an achievement. Sure, it was really brutal at times (even too much sincerely as past a point it's practically masochism) but when you did beat those levels, boy if you felt great.

Last edited:
all those who consider W3 easy, should just head over nexusmods, and download combat rebalance mod... good luck finishing game on DeadMarch with that mod on...

all those who consider W3 easy, should just head over nexusmods, and download combat rebalance mod... good luck finishing game on DeadMarch with that mod on...

Do you mean Better Combat Enhanced? Because I don't know of a mod named Combat Rebalance in nexus. But I may be mistaken, however.

If you mean the former then yes, DM is really difficult with it.

Last edited:
yes, thats what i meant. even Broken Bones is a lot harder than DM in vanilla... you have 3500HP entire game (unless you chose a perk for a bonus HP, or use mutagens to boost it up), so late monsters can pretty much kill you with like a single strike...

Last edited:
LeL? I fought Imlerith at level 30, it took me several tries due to his insane-mode-teleporting-killing slash killing me over and over. Until, I decided to switch to Blood and Broken Bones just for this fight and it took me only one try. I'll try the Death March mode to fight him again tonight.

Blood and Broken Bones

People who came from DarkSouls shit keeps complaining about the Witcher difficulty. We, the original Witcher fans love the game for what it is. If you are a masochist gamer, then this is not for you. Go wait for the Dark Souls 3. Death March is already hard enough considering you are not over-leveled. I noticed people fighting so over leveled for quests. The main story requires just level 22 and fighting Imlerith at level 30 is already an advantage but still hard in Death March.

Death March

Last edited:
You can easily make the game more challenging on your own with self control.

-Don't use damage bonuses from skills or mutagens. No red mutagens or damage skills.
-Or just don't use any skills at all.
-Use low level armor
-If you have HP and you know you can tank through enemies, don't. Focus on making sure you evade every single attack. If you know you can trade hits with an enemy because you have more health, don't. Focus on never getting hit. If you don't get hit it doesn't matter if the enemy does 1 or 1000 damage.
-Don't combo constantly. Hit once or twice then evade.
-Refrain from using potions or eating food in combat so you can't heal.
-Don't use Quen

The game is as hard as you make it. Playing on Death March with these rules essentially does exactly what any new difficulty would do. It's all up to you.

Last edited:
They should just have reversed the slope of difficulty. make the game easier even on DM while making the end game way harder for all modes.

But in the end a boss fight is just a puzzle. Learn the mechanics and the counters, apply them and the fight gets easy. WOW and other MMO's all proved this with their boss fight. You die many times till finally the group knows what to do then bingo that boss is on farm status. Same thing would happen here.

Here's an example. Fight a strong wraith (like Jenny) at the proper level. Now don't use yerden or any bombs. You will die many times. Use yerden and the fight is easy.

Top Bottom