2 things I wish were fixed - Dijkstra and Saskia (spoilers)

+
@swordsandroses
Well maybe the easiest and most reasonable choice would be/have been to have both, unchanged regardless of choices (except for Saskia being there or not).

Iorveth team could have different quests not necessarily relating to the MQ/Main endings.

I'm also not sure siding with Iorveth would lead to Roche's camp being diminished, since actually by siding with him you get
all of his elite troops hanged no matter what
. What's presented in TW3 is actually the remains of the Temerian army proper turned guerrilla fighters.
Please correct me if I'm wrong since you seem to know the Iorveth path side of things better.
It's not completely unreasonable for them to appear in the 2 big DLCs coming up, but if this is merely a "what could have been" kind of thread, then absolutely they should have been in the game at least a Iorveth cameo. Saskia as @Goodmongo points out makes less sense, but it could have been made fit in the storyline in some way.

My whole point is that Roche and Ves are in no way anymore interesting nor important than Saskia and Iorveth
Well, the are more important relatively to the story discussed in the game. And it seems the Squirrels are pretty much gone (via dialogue) if not for some bandit squads here and there you encounter around the map. I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen regardless of the choices in TW2.

Now you're talking, those are some very interesting ideas you've presented.

We could have them both in W3, and leave assassination to Roche, regardless of the path taken, but add an interesting dlc quest involving Saskia, Iorveth and Aedirn.

It would make implementation evem easier.

They can still come to Kaer Morhen, maybe the one you've chosen should come, as it's a bit silly Roche is willing to forgive W2 abandonment and risk his entire group lives for Geralt.

In Iorveth's path, Saskia defeats Henselt and can spare his life in return for recognition of Upper Aedirn sovereignty. Iorveth and squirrels find a chance for a new beginning and normal life. The country becomes a symbol of hope for all miserable and persecuted, not just non humans but also human refugees and war victims. It's a huge thing, even if it's naive it'll last, with Nilfgaard coming.

I don't think squirrels in W3 are anything less than before, they are just not the focal point of hatred anymore, with invading Nilfgaardian army, as Roche mentions.

Yeah, the problem with the Witcher is happy endings never really last.

Saskia's dream is beautiful but is going to be trampled by Nilfgaard.

You know, honestly, I think that's one of the big reasons I sided against Roche.

Because after all we went through for Aedirn, it gets turned over to Nilfgaard without any of the guarantees Temeria gets.

Well, I don't mind Roche, he's pretty one dimensional, but he's alright. There is a difference between defending him and Thaller against being murdered, and actively supporting Temeria.

It would've just been nice to have other options too. They've started with 3 choices in Witcher 1, then 2 choices in Witcher 2, and now we've come to having no choice at all.

I feel like some of the requests here are a bit too demanding, not that I would dislike them.
Still, any fixes to Saskia and Dijkstra would be welcome.

If they needed a BARE MINIMUM fix, how about the option to Spare Dijkstra and then his ending slide plays after the one with Temeria?

I.e. He conquers all the lands in the North other than Temeria.

Agree with OP!

While the issues with Dijkstra might not be as visible/easy to notice as the issues with the other major characters, i still think that they also deserve to be improved upon.

Agree with OP!

While the issues with Dijkstra might not be as visible/easy to notice as the issues with the other major characters, i still think that they also deserve to be improved upon.

and thats exactly my mistake on my First playtrough in the Game .it has and it will be never like in the books GAME uses only the caracters and they twisting changing it like it need to fit a role in it. most Disapointed about the options now is only lesser Good vs EVIL.

The final scene with Dijkstra (if you side with Roche) should have been a homage to the books.

Geralt breaking his leg again.

And Saskia´s new state (if you took Iorveths path and it was actually created) isnt even on any in-game map : (

I mean it makes sense for it to not be on maps in Novigrad and so on, but ambassador var attre should have it on his map for military purposes!

Nilfgaard must have known it was created either from Shilard or Cynthia.

View attachment 19136

Attachments

• saskias state.jpg
    saskias state.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 47
Nope, nothing other than Saskia and Iorveth are somewhere safe.

Sorry, but I hope it simply can't be true. My Saskia is bloody DEAD because I killed the dragon. Whether she is alive or dead (and Iorveth as well, we had two chances to abandon him) at least should be conditional on our choices in TW2, and not just on a fan-service.

Well Marcin himself said it : )

But dont worry, if they are gonna do it I think they are gonna do it right, so those who killed Saskia wont see her again.

I still wonder why everybody doubt about Iorweth-Saskia cameo in Hearth of Stone . Ofcourse they will came back in HoS ! Iorweth has camp near Novigrad but was cut from final game so its clear they preparing great comeback!

I really doubt it. Neither of the two expansions sound like something that would have Iorveth and Saskia in them but I wish I was wrong.

And I´m not sure which camp you mean?

There are like 3-4 Scoiatael camps at least.

And yeah, Iorveth was cut from the final game but that doesnt mean he will appear again.

Also the current area of the game doesnt really fit these two characters.

At the end of Witcher 2 if you went with Iorveth, they both were in Vergen.

But then again, Zoltan and some of the scoiatel fighters left Vergen and came to this area so why not them. We´ll see but my bet is that we won´t see them in these 2 expansions unfortunately.

Definitely not in Nilfgaard, can´t imagine what would they be doing there.

50 % of The Witcher 2 ignored as if it never happened, i wonder what was the point of creating a branching path on the second game if the 3rd game is simply gonna prentend it never existed.

Ya, these are both things that annoy me a bit -

* First of all with Saskia, the way the choice was handled in W2 was just bad. You should be able to both save Triss and save Saskia. Someone actually created a mod that allowed you to do this if you get Phillipa's dagger toward the end of W2. And in W3, I absolutely wish Saskia had made an appearance. Loved her character.

* Djikstra - also agreed with the OP - his choices in Reasons of State were absurd and would have never happened. He knows how good of a fighter Geralt is and that he's friends with Roche & Ves. He would not just walk away and let Djikstra kill them - that's just LOL funny. Very poorly written quest.

Top Bottom