Triss Merigold of Maribor (All Spoilers) Resurgence

+
Indeed. It was incredibly awkward at first to see Geralt that corny. But at the same rate, despite the lines and acting being corny in some scenes, I guess it's kinda nice to see him finally open up to her...after 3 games...

Last edited:
It was incredibly awkward at first to see Geralt that corny. But at the same rate, despite the lines and acting being corny in some scenes, I guess it's kinda nice to see him finally open up to her...after 3 games...
She kind of deserves it. But I must admit that having Triss at Corvo Bianco at the end of B&W is getting on my nerves a bit... she acts like a zombie there!

She kind of deserves it. But I must admit that having Triss at Corvo Bianco at the end of B&W is getting on my nerves a bit... she acts like a zombie there!
Yeah, she's not exactly doing much, I'm still glad we get to see her there, but it seems the whole visitor thing was added later on and was probably not something that was initially planned for the expansion.

Either way, It was a nice addition and I really liked her dialogue as well as the letter and the tournament vow(possibly the cheesiest Geralt moment in the games).

Happy to say, I have built my PC and started a new game. Funny as I am taking my time (doing even more this play through) but damn it I can't wait to get to Novigrad just to start my quest with Triss again.

Holy MOLY...is this STILL on going??? Just seems like three years ago we were arguing about this... ;)

I will say, in my personal opinion, the Triss POST game dialog from Blood and Wine, it really felt good/right to me. It seemed to be the best of all of them...just one old dudes opinion I know.

Hey guys and fellow Triss lovers! I was wondering if anyone is still around who could answer a few .. well two of my questions.

But first let me explain where I stand .. I´ve finished TW3 vanilla experience about year and 3 months ago .. playing with first few glitch patches and with no expansions.

About just like everyone else I´ve totally loved the game!!! .. But felt quite a lot disappointed with the amount of Triss content (happy with what we got), but well .. let me explain .. I´ve totally hated how the world, NPC´s and pretty much everything in the final quarter shoved Yennefer down my throat and made me feel like "my" Geralt´s decision did not matter. I was expecting Triss being treated accordingly with respect, have some screen time and say in the final chapter after I chose her. Instead, when I tried to talk to her in the final chapter .. all I´ve got was single "good to see you" or some smeg I don´t even remember with no actual conversation .. there were quite a few cases of this problem when I tried to have some conversation with her and some other characters. It felt like the content was just cut or not present at all for them, maybe to be added later due to a budget or added in the Enhanced Edition or something (always thought the third one would get Enhanced edition too) or dunno .. just something to fix it up.

I remember many people pointing this out and I felt like I should wait for the "whole" experience, I thought it was a glitch or something devs would eventually fix to keep the experience as stable as possible.

So .. Having that said .. I´m just in the first quarter of TW2 and slowly closing in on TW3.

Now .. I´ve read somewhere that devs stated that TW3 will not have an enhanced edition which kinda sucked and scared me cause these editions always added something cool to the vanilla and overall enhanced the game experience .. duh .. :(

So enough with the chit chat and let the big elephant out of the room .. or two .. 1. Is the overall Triss romance experience more consistent now that the game is officially finished? And 2. Do I have something to look forward to in regards to Triss content in the Expansions?

PS: ad 2. - I know the expansions experience is as epic as the vanilla itself (or so they say), just wondered how it stands when it comes to Triss romance.

Update: Thx for the response Samiel27 - well, the way you answered it, well .. sounds like I don´t have anything big to look forward to, but hey at least I know they adressed it. So .. fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Snowie88;n6959590 said:
So enough with the chit chat and let the big elephant out of the room .. or two .. 1. Is the overall Triss romance experience more consistent now that the game is officially finished? And 2. Do I have something to look forward to in regards to Triss content in the Expansions?

​ With regards to Triss CDPR adressed the issue with patch 1.10. Your love interests play a very small part in only one of the expansions

Snowie88;n6959590 said:
In my opinion, the added dialogue for Triss was ok and improved the general feel of the romance. It added a few scenes and dialogues that addressed some of the issues people had and personally I'm happy with the changes.

As far as the expansions are concerned, HoS doesn't have any of the characters from the main story, while B&W adds a nice epilogue of a sort with your chosen lover and you also get a few romance references along the way, which was nice.

Hamilton1358;n6963810 said:
In my opinion, the added dialogue for Triss was ok and improved the general feel of the romance. It added a few scenes and dialogues that addressed some of the issues people had and personally I'm happy with the changes.

As far as the expansions are concerned, HoS doesn't have any of the characters from the main story, while B&W adds a nice epilogue of a sort with your chosen lover and you also get a few romance references along the way, which was nice.

I thought they did a good job in B&W with Triss's romance references. HoS was a minor disappointment in that regard. I do not think Triss/Yen is mentioned once in HoS, but I may have forgotten something. In B&W there are a few references, and the epilogue is nice if you continue to play past the end.

mulzi;n6967080 said:
I thought they did a good job in B&W with Triss's romance references. HoS was a minor disappointment in that regard. I do not think Triss/Yen is mentioned once in HoS, but I may have forgotten something. In B&W there are a few references, and the epilogue is nice if you continue to play past the end.
Definitely, it was just the right amount with the letter, the vow, the final talk and a few mentions here and there. The dialogue with her was also enjoyable, little bit of talk about Kovir, some playful teasing, some compliments from Geralt and I like having her there while I'm doing the remaining side quests and question marks. It was a good closure and I'm glad CDPR included it. I think it wasn't originally planned to have any of the main characters show up, but their addition was more than welcome.

I don't really mind not having the main characters in HoS, it's a smaller story and a very good one, it would feel unnecessary to shove them in, it works great just the way it is. Shani does mention how Geralt left Vizima with Triss when asked what she was doing since they last saw each other, not sure whether it has something to do with the save import from TW1(I highly doubt it though).

Thx guys!!! Now I feel like I have something great to look forward to .. you know .. that feeling we all had when the first TW3 trailer came out .. can´t wait to start my first "complete" TW3 experience!

Thx again everyone for responses and keep your Triss love alive! :)

Been away for a little. Started playing another playthrough on the my first PC I built. This playthrough I decided to do Skellege quest first up and get The Last Wish out of the way before Novigrad. As much as I like Triss and always go with her, it seemed right to leave Yen before telling Triss you love her.

A bit of a rant about amnesia, Geralt and Triss.

I often see Triss getting accused of using Geralt in the first two games, taking advantage of his amnesia and even going as far as saying she raped him. While I have no problem admitting Triss is at fault and that she wasn't being honest, I find the lack of credit people give to Geralt ridiculous. They try to portray him as a poor victim, a mindless moron for Triss to play with and exploit, a person robbed of any sort of critical thinking and comprehension ability. I refuse to see him like that, it's certainly not how I choose to play him and it's definitely not the Geralt I saw and played in the first two games.

In TW1 when Geralt starts a relationship with Triss, he does so on his own free will and initiative. Triss' manipulation mostly consists of withholding info about his past and spreading her legs once Geralt shows interest to see them spread. Knowing Triss' obsession with him, it's hardly unlikely she would say no to him, but she is not forcing Geralt to do anything, nor does she go to great lengths to seduce him or start a serious relationship with him. Geralt is the one making the moves and taking the initiative in pursuing her while Triss even plays it hard to get at times, demanding Geralt to convince her he is serious about them being together, asking him to prove his loyalty by giving her the ring, as well as acting a certain way around Alvin. This is all optional and depends on the player choice, so it's not like poor Geralt is stuck in Triss' claws, to be used and raped as she pleases, he is the one trying hard to start a relationship with Triss and she embraces it, not vice versa.

Another accusation is how Triss pretended to be Yennefer and that is not true. At the beginning of TW1 Geralt simply says he feels a bond while he speaks to Triss and that he senses she was important to him(which isn't completely false, as Geralt did see Triss as a close friend in the books and treated her accordingly) at which Triss tries to tell him something, only to get interrupted by the Salamandra attack. The next time they talk, after Triss recovers from the attack, she tries talking about the events from the past, but Geralt cuts her off and explicitly says he is not ready to talk about the past yet. From that moment on, Triss is guilty of not taking any initiative to bring up the events and people from Geralt's past and embracing the situation as Geralt starts showing interest in her. It's a shady and above all a selfish thing to do, but she is not pretending to be someone she's not, nor is she misleading Geralt into thinking she is, let alone raping him. Geralt has no recollection of Yen and the woman he potentially pursues and falls in love with is Triss.

Another very important aspect of the whole amnesia abuse thing that is mostly ignored and the reason it's unfair to say Triss has been taking advantage of Geralt for two whole games is what happens at the very beginning of TW2. Once Geralt's memory starts returning, he remembers Yen, realizes Triss wasn't being honest and demands her to tell him the truth. The thing that shows he understood what Triss did even at that point is the way he asks her. He says, and I quote: " I need you to tell me about Yennefer, in detail. I want to hear it all, even the things you don't want to tell me, even the things that might hurt".

Unfortunately, we never see that conversation taking place, but whatever Triss told him, even if we assume it's the bare bone info, which is probably not true considering the way he asked her and Dandelion's narration saying that Geralt spent most of the trip to Flotsam talking to Triss about Ciri and Yen long into the evenings, we can assume he had a pretty good idea of his past as well as the way Triss used his amnesia by the time they reached Flotsam. Of course, without his memory restored, he can't comprehend it fully, but to say he is still somehow unaware of Triss' actions at that point is to assume he is a brain dead moron lacking anything resembling a critical thinking mind. Geralt is not a stupid man, nor is he a naive fool, he knew at that point what Triss did. How he treats Triss after that and whether he continues pursuing a romance with her is up to the player, but from the story perspective, again, Geralt is the one taking the initiative, not Triss. He is the one proposing the famous bath, after which Triss brings up Yennefer and says she is ready to go look for her and that she owes her that.

Another thing is using the Rose for mind control. If Triss had bad intentions of using the Rose to control him, there would be no need to bring up Yen and start encouraging Geralt to change plans, drop Roche and go look for Yen instead, at the very moment she managed to acquire the thing that will allegedly put Geralt under her control.

Thinking how Geralt only became aware of Triss' actions once he fully got his memory back and victimizing him by acting like he had no say and responsibility for what has happened between him and Triss(especially since it happened on his own initiative) is imo reducing Geralt to a dumb, naive, idiot of a man. I'm all with Yen on this one, she doesn't take that bullshit and holds him at least partially responsible, and with full right imo. I refuse to roleplay a poor innocent low IQ rape victim Geralt who simply got taken advantage of by the big bad Triss without even realizing it.

Last edited:
17264501_1381229088600901_6538950508697367830_n.jpg Eu= I Just a joke..

Hi, could someone explain me what Triss mean when she answer "oh no not him again" on Geralt's question? I am missing the meaning of this answer. Sorry about the english I'm from Czech Republic.

Last edited:
antonus121;n8129860 said:
Hi, could someone explain me what Triss mean when she answer "oh no not him again" on Geralt's question? I am missing the meaning of this answer. Sorry about the english I'm from Czech Republic.

In which part was it?

ninawindia;n8135000 said:
In which part was it?

After the battle at Kaer Morhen when you at the chameleon and you ask her this question "what you thought when you saw me again" and her answer is "Honestly...no not him again". It is a DLC dialogue.

Top Bottom