New player [Hints and tips, how to get started]

+
Tuska5;n8461410 said:
Okay, so what if I will end the base game weaker than level 32 what should I do? Or how to train and get to level 40 to BAW?

It should not be difficult to reach level 32 by the end of the base game, if you play at least the more important side quests. After Hearts of Stone, your level will likely be high enough for Blood and Wine. When starting the latter separately, you begin at level 34. While the ideal level may be somewhat higher than that, you should not have problems after the base game + Hearts of Stone.

Tuska5;n8461410 said:
Okay, so what if I will end the base game weaker than level 32 what should I do? Or how to train and get to level 40 to BAW?
I didnt want to buy them in physical format, just searching for good place to buy them.
And I downloded all the new look for ciri yen and triss and ita not appear in the game.

About levels, just like sv3672 said. Leveling shouldn't be an issue, unless you skip practically every side quest.

I bought my expansions from PS store and from my local game store. Yes, I bought them two times. Don't know about other options.

I never used those alternate looks, so I don't know what could be wrong with them. Can you turn them on somehow?

Sunsibar;n8462990 said:
About levels, just like sv3672 said. Leveling shouldn't be an issue, unless you skip practically every side quest.

I bought my expansions from PS store and from my local game store. Yes, I bought them two times. Don't know about other options.

I never used those alternate looks, so I don't know what could be wrong with them. Can you turn them on somehow?

Abot buting it on the local store, its a retail of the expansions? There is something like that?
And how can I end the campaign with good ending?

Tuska5;n8508720 said:
And how can I end the campaign with good ending?

That depends on what you consider good ending, but to avoid specifically the one where
Ciri dies or disappears, you need to do at least 3 of the following:

- after the battle of Kaer Morhen, when you have a choice between "Relax. You don't have to be good at everything" and "Think I know what might lift your spirits", choose the latter, which results in a snowball fight with Ciri
- when you can choose to visit Emhyr with Ciri before going to Bald Mountain, either skip that (which excludes the empress ending as well), or do not accept the payment from the emperor
- in Final Preparations, let Ciri meet the Lodge alone
- in Battle Preparations in Avallac'h's lab, at one point you can choose to either calm down Ciri or let her destroy the lab ("Go for it"), the latter is the good choice
- finally, when Ciri wants to visit Skjall's grave, accept that ("Yeah. I'll go with you"), refusing it ("No time") is the bad choice

sv3672;n8508860 said:
That depends on what you consider good ending, but to avoid specifically the one where
Ciri dies or disappears, you need to do at least 3 of the following:

- after the battle of Kaer Morhen, when you have a choice between "Relax. You don't have to be good at everything" and "Think I know what might lift your spirits", choose the latter, which results in a snowball fight with Ciri
- when you can choose to visit Emhyr with Ciri before going to Bald Mountain, either skip that (which excludes the empress ending as well), or do not accept the payment from the emperor
- in Final Preparations, let Ciri meet the Lodge alone
- in Battle Preparations in Avallac'h's lab, at one point you can choose to either calm down Ciri or let her destroy the lab ("Go for it"), the latter is the good choice
- finally, when Ciri wants to visit Skjall's grave, accept that ("Yeah. I'll go with you"), refusing it ("No time") is the bad choice

But what is the meaning of all of this? Why those options is what makes the difference? And about the lab, let her destroy it?
And this is the only thing which can change the storyline?

Tuska5;n8508960 said:
And this is the only thing which can change the storyline?

There are many other choices that affect which endings you will get, and some also in the DLCs, as well as smaller ones that determine the fate of secondary characters. What I described above is how to avoid the one really "bad" ending.

Last edited:
sv3672;n8508990 said:
There are many other choices that affect which endings you will get, and some also in the DLCs, as well as smaller ones that determine the fate of secondary characters. What I described above is how to avoid the one really "bad" ending.
okay so what endings can I get and how to avoid them?
And ai need help with inventory, I have 130 space but after I sell all the loot and just keep things I must and craftong materials I get just more 20-30 free space, I mean I always at 100-110/130 space, what can I do to free more space?

Tuska5;n8509250 said:
okay so what endings can I get and how to avoid them?

There is a guide here, although a first playthrough is of course best without spoilers. :)

And ai need help with inventory, I have 130 space but after I sell all the loot and just keep things I must and craftong materials I get just more 20-30 free space, I mean I always at 100-110/130 space, what can I do to free more space?

Did you really sell everything you do not need (junk items, etc.)?

sv3672;n8510210 said:
There is a guide here, although a first playthrough is of course best without spoilers. :)

Did you really sell everything you do not need (junk items, etc.)?

Junk and Crafting materials I didn't sell, I sell items I get from looting thta I don't need, because I'm using Witcher Gear (Feline set enhanced, and one more level the superior), but I keep the swords or gear I get from quests in the stash.
About crafting materials and junk I don't know what to do, just throw them in the stash to clear more space? I need them only when I craft something no? And I saw that it costs me a lot of money to craft, for example the Feline set to superior. And how much time the superior feline will be good to me? I can start it the hearts of stone expansion and it will be good? in the expansion I think I'll find something better but for the start.. And about crafting, if I have the materials still it costs many crowns just to make the ingots for example or everything, how can I get more money? And after I'll upgrade to superior, it will hold for a while and I could save more money?
And where I can read best guides for the game? GoSuNoob? Wikia?.. about gears and everything, maybe a little on the expansions or learn how to avoid bad endings. And in addition, I want to read or see on youtube vids about the stroyline, English is not my language and maybe I missed things in the storyline, abt characters and everything. You know some articles or good videos about that?
Thanks!!!! :)

Crafting materials don't have weight, so you don't have to sell or stash those for the sake of inventory space. If you haven't reached expansions yet, you can sell all your junk. That gives more space to your inventory.

Don't worry about the money. You'll have more than enough when you finish the game. Then you'll also have enough money to craft master crafted Witcher gears for Hearts Of Stone. Have you been changing those coins in your inventory at Vivaldi's bank?

Sunsibar;n8525450 said:
Crafting materials don't have weight, so you don't have to sell or stash those for the sake of inventory space. If you haven't reached expansions yet, you can sell all your junk. That gives more space to your inventory.

Don't worry about the money. You'll have more than enough when you finish the game. Then you'll also have enough money to craft master crafted Witcher gears for Hearts Of Stone. Have you been changing those coins in your inventory at Vivaldi's bank?

I have junk, but I have right now only 800 crowns, and I want to start HoS, I finished the game.
So how can I get crowns and get more free space? sell all junk?

I saw that junk can used for crafting materials, and if I will sell them maybe Ill stuck at crafting gear.
So what to do? And how can I get more crowns? i have only 800.
And about viper gear its better than the feline?

Tuska5;n8829990 said:
I have junk, but I have right now only 800 crowns, and I want to start HoS, I finished the game.

If you have already finished the game, you should be at least at about level 30. At this point, money is usually not an issue, you can make a decent amount even from clearing bandit camps, since the weapons they drop are (if I recall correctly) scaled to your level.

sv3672;n8876240 said:
If you have already finished the game, you should be at least at about level 30. At this point, money is usually not an issue, you can make a decent amount even from clearing bandit camps, since the weapons they drop are (if I recall correctly) scaled to your level.

Im level 34 and just started HoS, but I have lot of crowns for runewright quest and buying a picture in the aucction in open sesame, and for crafting.
About junk I started dismantle things that gives me good crafting materials and then I cant find bunch of merchants which I can sell them junk.. where can I sell those junk?

Last edited:
sv3672;n7663320 said:
The game is most difficult around level 4-6 when you do the early quests in Velen (White Orchard is more of a "tutorial" area), but it will get easier as you progress. There is not much specific advice I can give, just explore, loot, and do any quests that are not above your level. It is also important to become familiar with the combat, and learn when to dodge or roll to evade the attacks of specific enemies, which signs to use (e.g. you need Yrden against wraiths), etc. You can also travel to Novigrad early, the merchants there have better prices and inventory than those in Velen.

Thank you so much for the tip since I'm also a new player and my starting point of playing The Witcher.

Top Bottom