Not all locations have an associated quest?

+
Not all locations have an associated quest?

I was whiling away the time at the abandoned village while doing the "Devil by the Well" contract, waiting for nightfall. As there was quite a bit of time to go I wandered east and came across some ghouls which I killed. There was immediately a cut scene showing some villagers gathering round a shrine and immediately after the cut scene there they were, worshiping.
Is there any quest associated with this location? Or is this typical of the locations marked "?"?

You have found and cleared an abandoned site. This is one of the possible types of point of interest marked with a ? on the map, and not a real quest. But you do get XP for clearing abandoned sites, and one of the villagers might be a merchant.

Thanks. Yes a herbalist was amongst them. It was just the sudden appearance of villagers that struck me as odd -- as if they were waiting, so well hidden my witcher senses couldn't pick them up, then as soon as the last monster was dead *poof* they suddenly appear.
Would've been more believable if one or two game days had passed before they appear.

Well, they actually appear after a few hours, if you clean a area, they will come at 8:00 a.m or 8:00 p.m I believe, I think this is random.

Top Bottom