What level should I be when Ieave White Orchard?

+
What level should I be when Ieave White Orchard?

Still exploring the place, I'm halfway through Beast of the Orchard quest and explored about half of the "?" locations. Did all the side quests I've found so far, except for the Treasure Hunts. But despite all this I'm still at lv2.
Based on progress so far, I think I'll be lucky if I hit lv4 before I'm done with this place. Yet the Viper School treasure hunt has it pegged at lv6. How is this possible?
Any tips on leveling up? I don't mind grinding a bit if it's necessary, and I need to practice my combat anyway, and find my preferred style.
Thanks.

If I recall correctly, I was at level 4 (with the majority of XP towards level 5) after completing the prologue, but that includes the imperial audience in Vizima, and the most XP is given for main quests. So, you will still gain a decent amount before reaching Velen. Other than that, clearing all the POIs (? marks) and side quests/contracts in White Orchard helps, but you get only a small amount of XP for killing common monsters, so doing that for grinding is not really worth it.

I would also like to add that the Viper School treasure hunt is one of those quests that can be completed even if you are below the recommended level. Also, if you are in need of leveling up, the noonwraith trophy obtained from the Devil by the Well contract which gives you 5% bonus exp also helps. But like sv3672 says, you get very little exp from killing humans and monsters. I highly recommend you to finish everything in White Orchard before moving on to Vizima :)

I just finished all of the White Orchard area and made level 4. I had to hunt and kill a few random monsters, including a level 10 drowner in the water (use crossbow) to do it.

Top Bottom