Where did the merchant go?

+
Where did the merchant go?

I'm in Velen, having just arrived. Riding north from Hanged Man's Tree, I came across a merchant in a cage. After freeing him he said he'd be nearby, near the border post. I searched the border post (the one towards the north of the cage where he was imprisoned, at the bank of the Pontar) but he isn't there.
He's the only merchant I've found so far and I need to offload/sell some gear. Am I looking at the right place?

iCake

Forum veteran
That one is bugged anyway, he only sells/buys from you once, after that the trade window just doesn't show when you choose "trade" dialogue option, basically looping the dialogue with him. He also has very little money to boot. He also might not have any icon on the minimap making it difficult to find him.

Anyway, the guy you're looking for is right here

https://witcher3map.com/v/#3/28.15/4...31.650,-17.930

In case there'll be no minimap icon for him in your game. He's right across the guy (he'll be marked with a yellow exclamation mark) who offers you a forged transit pass that'll let you pass through the redanian post to cross the Pontar if you in turn defend his brother and a few of his lackeys that are pillaging the battlefield nearby.

Last edited:
Yeah I came across that guys but I got the pass through another method so his quest is redundant. He also didn't offer any trade.

iCake

Forum veteran
Hayashi.226;n8506900 said:
Yeah I came across that guys but I got the pass through another method so his quest is redundant. He also didn't offer any trade.

I didn't say he would.

Top Bottom