just imported Witcher2 save and Witcher3 starts with me being with Yennifer

+
just imported Witcher2 save and Witcher3 starts with me being with Yennifer

Hi

I just imported Witcher2 save in Witcher3 (I picked the newest Quicksave file) but the story starts with me being with Yennefer. And not Triss. I did my best to keep Triss, except the part where I told her to take care of wounded Iorveth. Seems a bit anti-climax. I hear about Yennefer from Letho as if she is a mysterious stranger and now she is "with me".

Is this normal?

EDIT: I just made a new game and imported the latest Autosave, instead of the Quicksave. And it made no difference

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the save import from the previous games only makes minor differences, so what you see in the game is "normal" in the sense that it is not a bug. There are some existing threads where save import in Witcher 3 has been discussed, like this one, and another where the consequences that have been found to TW2 choices have been collected.

It is a part of the story (regardless of any choices) that Geralt and Triss part ways some time after the ending of the second game, for reasons that are not explained in Wild Hunt. After that, the witcher begins to search for Yennefer, who has been his lover in the books for years. But he will still meet and also have a chance to reunite with Triss later in Novigrad.

sv3672;n8876140 said:
Unfortunately, the save import from the previous games only makes minor differences, so what you see in the game is "normal" in the sense that it is not a bug. There are some existing threads where save import in Witcher 3 has been discussed, like this one, and another where the consequences that have been found to TW2 choices have been collected.

It is a part of the story (regardless of any choices) that Geralt and Triss part ways some time after the ending of the second game, for reasons that are not explained in Wild Hunt. After that, the witcher begins to search for Yennefer, who has been his lover in the books for years. But he will still meet and also have a chance to reunite with Triss later in Novigrad.

Ok, thanks for clarifying this. Now I can relax a bit.

Aleque,
Just play through the starting bits at Kaer Morhen, this is essentially the tutorial.
Once that is completed and the prologue begins the setting of the tutorial will make sense.

Top Bottom