Blood and wine endgame question [SPOILERS]

+
Blood and wine endgame question [SPOILERS]

OK so I got the ending where both the duchess and her asshole sister live but now beauclair is trashed there's scaffolding and burn marks everywhere and the centre of town that used to be full of drunk people and loads of food is just compleatly empty. Is there a way to get it to go back to how it was before all the vampires attacked the city or is this a bug im encountering because i can't find anyone else complaining about it?

My "central square" also looks like construction site. Didn't pay it that much attention since it happened after completing the story. Can't remember what was the ending when I noticed this. It might have been one where sisters are alive or one where Syanna dies.

I think people rebuilding the city after it burned and got destroyed. That was a very nice touch. Don't remember main square being empty - it was just a construction site with people working as far as I'm aware.

And if they ever finish and go back to the glorious state again? I have no clue. You can try going back to there every couple of days, maybe REDs implemented the finished repairs too, but I honestly doubt it.

I found something out. If i get the ending where both sisters die the city gets restored whereas if I get the ending where both live the city stays destroyed and ugly.
View attachment 58491
^Both sisters die
View attachment 58501
^Both live

You would think it would make more sense if they both lived that the city would get restored. If anyone got the ending where the dickhead sister dies im curious to know what sort of state beuclaire is in in your game after the main story ends?

Attachments

• 20160625131843_1.jpg
    20160625131843_1.jpg
    336.7 KB · Views: 1,941
  • 20160625131945_1.jpg
    20160625131945_1.jpg
    341.9 KB · Views: 988
Last edited:
I found something out. If i get the ending where both sisters die the city gets restored whereas if I get the ending where both live the city stays destroyed and ugly.
View attachment 58491
^Both sisters die
View attachment 58501
^Both live

You would think it would make more sense if they both lived that the city would get restored. If anyone got the ending where the dickhead sister dies im curious to know what sort of state beuclaire is in in your game after the main story ends?

I take it you really don't like Syanna? If you complete the quest in the Fairy Tale World and read her journals, you might have more empathy for her. Her character is in many ways modeled on that of Renfri from Sapkowski's novels.

Perhaps in the playthrough where both sisters die - I got the "happy ending," so I'm speculating here - Dettlaff calls off the attack earlier or doesn't do as much damage because the guilty parties, which perceives Anna Hennrietta and Syanna to be - have been punished?

In any case, I like the way CDPR added scaffolding and damaged textures to the buildings in the aftermath of the "The Night of the Long Fangs." It increases immersion and shows that they actually thought about the ramifications of certain quest outcomes. I would, however, like to see the city restored to its former glory after a certain amount of time has passed. Not sure, though, how they would implement that.

If you really want to see something disturbing, visit the arena after you have completed the game. There is a mass of bodies - human and vampire, it looks like - that have been heaped up and set aflame. The pillar of smoke can be seen from Corvo Bianco.

In any case, I like the way CDPR added scaffolding and damaged textures to the buildings in the aftermath of the "The Night of the Long Fangs." It increases immersion and shows that they actually thought about the ramifications of certain quest outcomes. I would, however, like to see the city restored to its former glory after a certain amount of time has passed. Not sure, though, how they would implement that.

If you really want to see something disturbing, visit the arena after you have completed the game. There is a mass of bodies - human and vampire, it looks like - that have been heaped up and set aflame. The pillar of smoke can be seen from Corvo Bianco.

In the ending where both die the scaffolding is there for a while when you run from the homeless shelter to the palace you can see all the damage to the city. But when you go back after you have completely finished the story like after when ciri or whoever shows, the city is fine again. So both choices you see the city in the damaged state witch I do also think is kind of cool. But only in the ending where the both live the city is not fixed properly witch is something I find very annoying. I mean beuclair is such a beautiful city and to see it in a state where every other building is burt and covered in scaffolding is very annoying.

And yeah I saw those bodies I know what you mean it was pretty grim.

Glad that at least in this expansion we can encounter some notable changes in world and locations. I was a bit disappointed when during my freeplay I discovered that nilfgaardian camp in White Orchard is full of soldiers again, after I got Temeria free and Ciri became a witcher ending. It was empty in one of final cutscenes, so I came to loot some stuff, but got nothing.

Glad that at least in this expansion we can encounter some notable changes in world and locations. I was a bit disappointed when during my freeplay I discovered that nilfgaardian camp in White Orchard is full of soldiers again, after I got Temeria free and Ciri became a witcher ending. It was empty in one of final cutscenes, so I came to loot some stuff, but got nothing.

It is pretty cool that you can see the effects but It doesn't really make much sense that the city gets fixed only when both sisters die and it stays destroyed when both are alive. If anything I would have thought the opposite would be true. If both sisters are alive I would seem more likely that Henrietta would fix the city. And if they both died there would be a political power struggle and the people were all sad so they wouldet get round to fixing it. Whereas the opposite is true, the sisters are like f**t it who cares about the city and when they're both dead everyone somehow manages to sort everything out.

It is pretty cool that you can see the effects but It doesn't really make much sense that the city gets fixed only when both sisters die and it stays destroyed when both are alive. If anything I would have thought the opposite would be true. If both sisters are alive I would seem more likely that Henrietta would fix the city. And if they both died there would be a political power struggle and the people were all sad so they wouldet get round to fixing it. Whereas the opposite is true, the sisters are like f**t it who cares about the city and when they're both dead everyone somehow manages to sort everything out.
I agree that it doesn't make sense. Maybe it is a glitch and everything was supposed to be other way around. Or it is some local Toussaint feature, they are so busy celebrating their duchess and her sister reunion, that can't even repair capital city Beauclair.

I agree that it doesn't make sense. Maybe it is a glitch and everything was supposed to be other way around. Or it is some local Toussaint feature, they are so busy celebrating their duchess and her sister reunion, that can't even repair capital city Beauclair.

I'm pretty convinced it is a bug maybe there will be another patch or a mod to fix this.

I know im almost a year late i don't wanna revive old threads but i really feel like i need to answer your question ITS not a Bug the CITY does get repaired in the "good ending" too however i had to wait around 6 in game months to get it restored after that the city just comes to its original state i also waited those 6 months outside Toussaint i don't know if that also affects it

Top Bottom