[ spoilers ] Blood and Wine Ending. WTF?!

+
[ spoilers ] Blood and Wine Ending. WTF?!

:angry2: I have done all three ending and on the one where Dettlaff kills Syanna is my favorite but why is that a bad ending? that should be the best ending. That woman betrayed and broke dettlaff's heart. Syanna should pay and everyone should understand and thank Geralt for making an executive decision. anyone else feel like me that Dettlaff doesnt deserve to die for this to be a happy ending?

:angry2: I have done all three ending and on the one where Dettlaff kills Syanna is my favorite but why is that a bad ending? that should be the best ending. That woman betrayed and broke dettlaff's heart. Syanna should pay and everyone should understand and thank Geralt for making an executive decision. anyone else feel like me that Dettlaff doesnt deserve to die for this to be a happy ending?

Dettlaff does deserve to die.
If he can be so easily tricked and manipulated to the extent of killing numerous people and destroying a city, whose to say he won't do it again? Regis said it himself - Dettlaff does not understand humans, his feelings and desires are primal, wild. He is dangerous and he needs to answer for what he has done. And there is no way he would let himself be imprisoned, or punished any other way, because he does not feel responsible for the killings he's commited - human life means nothing to him, so even though he is an intelligent creature, he is still a monster and deserves no sympathy from Geralt, who actually killed for less.

I don't remember there being any large box message of any ending being good or bad. I can find a lot of bad from each of the endings and none of them exactly feels completely good and correct. :)

I personally find Dettlaff and Syanna both dying the best ending as well. A lot of gray outcomes in basically each of the characters in each endings, all up to the player to justify.

that is indeed te good ending, syanna tricked dettlaf to kill innocent people, she is the monster

---------- Updated at 07:19 PM ----------

Dettlaff does deserve to die.
If he can be so easily tricked and manipulated to the extent of killing numerous people and destroying a city, whose to say he won't do it again? Regis said it himself - Dettlaff does not understand humans, his feelings and desires are primal, wild. He is dangerous and he needs to answer for what he has done. And there is no way he would let himself be imprisoned, or punished any other way, because he does not feel responsible for the killings he's commited - human life means nothing to him, so even though he is an intelligent creature, he is still a monster and deserves no sympathy from Geralt, who actually killed for less.

dettlaff dosn't deserve to die, syanna tricked him to kill lots of innocent people, she is the monster and deserves to die, dettlaff didn't kill pople before meeting syanna, he doesn't kill just for fun,
does dettlaff deserve to die because syanna manipulated him?
so, if aperson manipulates another perosn, this other person deserves to die? not a chance

So he is not responsible for the death of countless people as a result of an attack coordinated only by him just because he was manipulated?

syanna wanted to kill people, not dettlaff, he could live in peace if it wasn't for syanna

---------- Updated at 08:04 PM ----------

Both Dettlaff and Syana deserve to die.

syanna wanted to kill people, not dettlaff, he could live in peace if it wasn't for syanna

In my favorite ending Syanna dies, Anna lives and Geralt lets Dettlaf go.

I have said it thousand times and say it again, I love vampires :D Syanna was a bitch and Dettlaf a victim. This is a fantasy game, so I can have my fantasy ending without feeling bad about it. If you start to reason too much, none of the endings makes any sense, so forget about it.

Dettlaff didn't have to attack the entire city because he was duped by Syanna. He attacked innocent people for no legitimate reason. To me this was not one of CDPR's more subtle depictions of morality. It was pretty straight forward. Then again, I got the worst ending and some of it doesn't make sense.

Syanna wanted to kill people that ware cruel to her when she was banished (they starved her, molested her, beat her and left her with cloths fit to warm environment in a freezing area) they deserved to die. She thought that her sister forget about her and that she stole her crown, i guess that she thought that her sister was one of the reasons for her banishment. She didn't wanted to kill anyone else only those that hurt her. Detlaff on the other hand kill countless of people in the city just because he was pissed. In my opinion detlaff is the monster while Syanna is the victim here.

Last edited:

Forum veteran
that is indeed te good ending, syanna tricked dettlaf to kill innocent people, she is the monster
In my opinion detlaff is the monster while Syanna is the victim here.
Why does this have to be reduced to a monster-and-victim dichotomy? They're both capable, damaged, and willing to do evil things in the name of revenge. In a lot of ways, they're mirror images of each other.

Putting characters in simple "monster" and "not monster" boxes seems like an extraordinarily backward thing to do given the ways the series has actively challenged those types of broad characterizations at every opportunity.

Why does this have to be reduced to a monster-and-victim dichotomy? They're both capable, damaged, and willing to do evil things in the name of revenge. In a lot of ways, they're mirror images of each other.

Putting characters in simple "monster" and "not monster" boxes seems like an extraordinarily backward thing to do given the ways the series has actively challenged those types of broad characterizations at every opportunity.

Dettlaff wanted to live in peace, and he was manipulated,Syanna didn't want to live in peace, she wanted to kill innocent people

There's no doubt that Syanna has her faults, and quite frankly her manipulation of Dettlaff was foolish, selfish, and ultimately cost the lives of far too many people. That being said, it was Dettlaff's choice to react in the way he did, and allowing that much power to be in the hands of someone with such a violent temper just doesn't make any sense. Picture this: you let Dettlaff go and he decides to make a trip to some cafe in Beauclair on his way out of Toussaint. Someone accidentally serves his tea too cold and then what happens? He declares war on humanity again? No thanks.

So is the definition of a "good" ending that both sisters survive and a "bad" ending is where Anna and Syanna die?

I think that all endings (in blood and wine) can be interpreted quite differently to people/ and to me (and as you can see in the comments). For one letting Syanna die can mean a 'bad' ending ,and for the other 'good' etc. Quite a interesting approach from cdpr.

Top Bottom