Cantarella in Toussaint?

+
Cantarella in Toussaint?

Guys, I think I may have found Carthia van Canten in Toussaint. According to in-game notes, she's been sent there by Fringilla to enamor Prince Anseis of Lyria and Rivia.
The exhibition curator at Count Beledal's art exhibit (Big Game Hunters quest) uses her model but speaks with a completely different tone and accent, though that's understandable considering that Carthia's a spy.

Do you think she might've been using the role of an art curator as a cover for her mission?

Attachments

• photo151820.jpg
    photo151820.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 3,178
Interesting find. I cannot tell for sure however if she is really the same character, the hair model (c_06_wa__hair_01) is indeed identical, but the head/face is slightly different (h_02_wa__bob vs. h_46_wa__novigrad_citizen_02). Here is a picture of Carthia van Canten from the base game for comparison. The noblewoman's face in BaW looks older and thinner to me, seems to have a different eye color (although that could be because of the lighting), and lacks a mole that the real Carthia van Canten does have. Then again, Blood and Wine is a couple years after the ending of Wild Hunt, and a spy could very well make minor changes like that to her appearance with different makeup. But models and heads are also often "recycled" between less important characters in the game, or are created from a common template, this guy's face is used especially frequently, for example.

Last edited:
Actually, is there any info available on Nilfgaardian activity in Toussaint? The only bits and pieces I have found are that the ambassadorial defense brigade lost their commander to a bandit hanza and that Fringilla and Carthia also had business there.

I don't think that's her, but would've been neat if they'd had a cameo with her while in Toussaint maybe while you're walking around with your sorceress, lol.

Top Bottom