Wraith boss fight in "Scenes From a Marriage"

+
Wraith boss fight in "Scenes From a Marriage"

Hello good people.

I'm playing the HoS expansion in NG+ and I'm at lvl. 66, Death March, in the middle of the quest I mentioned in the title of this thread. I'm facing the wraith in the house after the caretaker.

I have nooooo idea of how to fight that wraith. It's damn easy for me to dodge and parry all of her attacks, but as soons as the paints start to glow she recovers fast and easily, no matter how quick I'm going to hit the painting. For Melitele's t*ts, what am I missing?

Also, it's not always easy to attack the painting because sometimes Geralt is stuck somewhere, or it's just hard sometimes to guess the right painting in time. Seriously, the monster recovers so quickly that a single mistake is fatal for me.

Sounds like she heals faster in NG+ than in the base game. Unfortunately, pretty much all you can do is stay alert, and when you see one of the paintings star to glow, roll towards it and give it a quick blow. Probably doesn't hurt to use specter oil, either.

Yeah, you basically just have to attack it a few times, and then wait to attack the painting. That's all there is to it.
Here is how I beat it on Death March in NG.

[video=youtube;Mfr-eNKKJhY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfr-eNKKJhY[/video]

Woah, I definitely don't do all that damage to her in Death March, NG+. I should compare my stats and my inventory with yours.

Those bosses at Olgierd's house, gah...this one, I stayed fairly close to the start of the corridor so I could see all of the paintings (she tended to draw from the same one in this position. Specter oil (reapplied throughout the fight) & Archgriffin decoction are very useful, and basically try to counter when she attacks. That should give you one good blow, and you can then do a couple of heavy blows that will knock a reasonable chunk of health off. When she floats into the air, run (and I mean hold down run) to the painting & attack it.

It's a pain but eventually it's doable. The boss fight that follows is more painful, especially if you're aiming for the achievement linked with it & are on Death March NG+...

Those bosses at Olgierd's house, gah...this one, I stayed fairly close to the start of the corridor so I could see all of the paintings (she tended to draw from the same one in this position. Specter oil (reapplied throughout the fight) & Archgriffin decoction are very useful, and basically try to counter when she attacks. That should give you one good blow, and you can then do a couple of heavy blows that will knock a reasonable chunk of health off. When she floats into the air, run (and I mean hold down run) to the painting & attack it.

It's a pain but eventually it's doable. The boss fight that follows is more painful, especially if you're aiming for the achievement linked with it & are on Death March NG+...

Not to necro a thread, but I just wanted to say that Adonai's suggestion worked for me, in case there is anyone else out there struggling with this fight on NG+. I needed to upgrade my Specter Oil from enhanced to superior. Also made use of the Arch Griffon Deconcoction, and the two together made a substantial difference.

For me it did not worked at all with Archgriffin decoction in my NG+ play, i mean it could work (considering that i almost killed her at some point ) but it's annoying as f%&k - the problem is that strong attacks with the archgriff decoction deplete all your vigor and also running and hitting those paintings is terrible - sometimes Geralt hits the wall or he turns and hits the ghost in stead of hitting the painting and that's it - back to start .
I discovered a very simple and elegant way to kill it : First of all , something like Reliever Decoction and Specter oil of course, than : use only fast attacks one at the time, no whirl , no signs , the idea is to have full vigor always - as soon as the painting becomes alive simply blast it with Aard - it works like a charm because you can do it from quite a good distance , you don't have to run close to the painting while the ghost is chopping your ass off :) , she will not be able to regenerate at all .

Last edited:
Top Bottom