White Orchard - a question regarding Kolgrim

+
White Orchard - a question regarding Kolgrim

Dear forum users, I have recently bought this game and have been playing it non stop. I am done with White Orchard now but something has been nagging me about Kolgrim (quest regarding the viper school diagrams).
See, the washer women from WO say that one day a smith's lad went missing, so the folk nabbed a witcher that was hunting nearby and loped his head off. Afterwards it was discovered that drowners were responsible, so the peasants buried Kolgrim in the cript all hush-hush like. Now, from Kolgrim's letters and the interrogation report from Amavet fortress, there is only mention of a beekeepers brat that went missing, and that Kolgrim chose trial by ordeal, which was to be the cleansing of the Verrieres (the lords at the time) family cript of specters.
Seeing that the head is missing from his skeleton in the cript, what the hell happened to him exactly, I mean which version of events is true? Or the writers simply had a brain fart?

His head is not missing it's on his lap. Reading between the lines it seems once arrested the villagers reported the crime to Sir Ignatius who ordered Kolgrim undergo preliminary interrogation for the crime once a torturer with the proper qualifications could be sent. Kolgrim however invoked Temerian common law and demanded a trial by ordeal & Sir Ignatius agreed and ordered instead he be released & cleanse the crypt of specters but it seems before this could happen some villagers unhappy with this took matters into their own hands & they beheaded him. Seems some of the villagers like the washer woman knew what really happened & they concocted the story he went to the crypt as per Sir Ignatius instructions while his body was placed inside to cover up their crime. Sir Ignatius investigation later found out he was innocent & added the addendum to his report that he naturally assumed Kolgrim was released & attempted to follow out his instructions but never emerging from the crypt had been overwhelmed by the Spector’s inside so the villagers got away with it.

Thanks for the reply and explanation!
Basically, I am confused because the washer women speak of a smith's lad that went missing, but Kolgrim's letter and the interrogation report only mention a beekeeper' son. I guess the smith's boy went missing as well, so as you said, the villagers intercepted Kolgrim who was on his way to the crypt (or maybe he even cleared it), and killed him. Don't know why this is bugging me that much, but oh well.

Top Bottom