Wolven Gear First Chest (PS4 Patch 1.31)

+
Wolven Gear First Chest (PS4 Patch 1.31)

Hello, I'm new to the community here. But I love this game. I have to ask why the chest will not open at the watch tower to start the quest. I read in one other topic the best we can do "Reload and Try again". I need to ask, is that Just mean reload the save file and keep trying until it works(and does it work eventually?). Or make a new game file entirly(Ihope not). Thank you.

You have run into a known bug & nothing you can do will open that chest. This means you can't get the basic versions of wolven armor or craft the later versions as you need them in the crafting chain. You can still however get a level 34 Mastercrafted Wolven Armor via a Quest called 'The Witchers Forge' in Kaer Morhen. In the main hall at Kaer Morhen head to the southeastern tower, with the massive stone pillar in its center and look for a chest in the middle of the three arched alcoves. In it you’ll find a book read it & it will open up the witchers forge quest. It will send you to a mine shaft where you meet a fire elemental guarding the forge. You must tell it that you want to look around but it won't be happy & will fight you but after you defeat it you need use the Eye of Nehaleni to see a secret compartment in the room. There you’ll find three chests & one should contain a pre-made master crafted Wolven Armor. Sometimes it gives you witch hunter armor instead so make a save before you start the quest so you can re-run it if it does.

Top Bottom