TW3 needs of an EE?

• Yes

Votes: 70 92.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
TW3 needs of an EE?

This thread has not been created with the intention of asking for an EE. Almost everyone knows the answer to this: no, The objective of this thread is just to know the opinion of the community about if they think that the main story of TW3 needs an EE or it's plot it's consistent enough given the fact that the opinions that I've seen are pretty divisive and I though that a poll would help to clarify things

The title of this Thread could also be "Continuation of So With GOTY Released Does That Mean EE is Officially Dead? Thread" :p

Okay...jokes aside!

To make it short: The Witcher 3 would need an EE because the last Act of the game is sooo full of plotholes and "Wait...what?" moments that it already hurts my soul! And they should make a better post-ending for The Witcher 3!

Because as i already said, the current post ending is absolutely immersion breaking and unsatisfying!

Voted no. That's not to say the game couldn't use more work. I think all kinds of stuff could be fleshed out. And the newest interface was a "1 step forward, two steps back" kind of deal. More patches would be most welcome. Don't forget even TW2 continued to get content patches after its EE was released, so it's possible.

But EE has become shorthand for "fulfill all the community's every hope and dream," rather than the things that Enhanced Editions have traditionally been in the past. I submit to you that through the patches, DLC and expansions, TW3 as it currently stands has received an amount of new content, fixes, and "enhancement" equaling or even surpassing the Enhanced Editions of the previous games.

@Sam2305 I don't think the fanbase is especially divisive on whether the game could use more work. I think rather the specific issues some people cry out as missing or unsatisfying, others have no problem with. So as long as we use EE as a shorthand for every possible wish, hope and dream it will continue to provoke opposite reactions from players. Iorveth and Devil's Pit matter more to some people, interface and skill balance issues matter more to others.

@Sam2305 I don't think the fanbase is especially divisive on whether the game could use more work. I think rather the specific issues some people cry out as missing or unsatisfying, others have no problem with. So as long as we use EE as a shorthand for every possible wish, hope and dream it will continue to provoke opposite reactions from players. Iorveth and Devil's Pit matter more to some people, interface and skill balance issues matter more to others.

Iorveth is more important to me than any other aspect but that doesn't imply that an EE could be used just to improve the current story. All these options (add what we miss or just improve the story) could be adressed in an EE and the question to answer is, TW3's story needs of an EE or it's completely consistent by itself? Yes or no? Now, what you think that could be added would be the personal opinion of each person. As a I said, without Iorveth, improve the only quest which has politics in this game or the third act are things that could be adressed with an EE of the old ways

Trying to resume, if you think that TW3's story needs of improvement or If you consider that at some points the story feels rushed or it has holes, vote Yes.
If you consider that TW3 story it's perfect (or just well enough) as it is, vote No

I have no idea about the main story, but EE is needed to rewrite the engine in Vulkan and release the game on Linux at last, as CDPR planned to do, as well in the process restoring more demanding graphics removed from the game during "downgrade" changes.

The title of this Thread could also be "Continuation of So With GOTY Released Does That Mean EE is Officially Dead? Thread" :p

Okay...jokes aside!

To make it short: The Witcher 3 would need an EE because the last Act of the game is sooo full of plotholes and "Wait...what?" moments that it already hurts my soul! And they should make a better post-ending for The Witcher 3!

Because as i already said, the current post ending is absolutely immersion breaking and unsatisfying!
So agree buddy,Yen/the smug viper HAS to be there in White Orchard.

Last edited:
Voted no. That's not to say the game couldn't use more work. I think all kinds of stuff could be fleshed out. And the newest interface was a "1 step forward, two steps back" kind of deal. More patches would be most welcome. Don't forget even TW2 continued to get content patches after its EE was released, so it's possible.

But EE has become shorthand for "fulfill all the community's every hope and dream," .

It was never that in practice though. It was them enhancing major stuff, gameplay and story, based on critical feedback. But to be fair, the stories in the last games were solid. Nothing in the main plots were changed, only added to with more DLC.Nothing needed to be changed because the narratives made sense. In TW3, you have outright retconning, OOC behavior and broken plot lines. It simply can't be fixed.

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

Yes, it would benefit greatly from EE, although it would be very difficult to determine what the fanbase wants and expect from it:

- more content for Eredin and the Wild Hunt
- political subplot that doesn't hurt the brain
- Iorveth, Saskia and more non-human content in general
- more Triss content
- more Yennefer/Ciri content
- proper post-ending worldstate
- restoration of deleted quests
- E3 2014 graphics
- REDKit

I honestly doubt anything of this in particular is wanted by a significant percentage of fans.

Yes, of course,

-Novigrad "big 4" used to be "big 5"
-Roche screaming while being tortured
-Baron falling to his knees, Geralt stabs him dramatically, Baron falls face down
-Lots of assets (especially animations) are reused from W2
-Doppler neutral gwent card
-More Uma interaction, you could play with him, see him get bullied in stables etc.
-Naglfar: Lanterns, Power stone, Custom elven desk, Cage for Avallac'h
-Cage for Avallac'h related to Caranthir teleporting then knocking Avallac'h out with a hit from elbow
-Epilogue: Cage with Phillipa the Owl, Flying wild hunt, frozen inhabitants of Novigrad, Letter from Emhyr
-Focus mode to be used during combat, you'd have points you could spend on special attacks against monsters, for example stabbing a manticore's poison gland to disable its poison tail attack
-More about Manticores "Tail attack as special attack (here, we need to add a knight from the W2 Arena, the one with manticore and he needs to get proper beating)"
-Supposed to be manticore nest at Kaer Morhen
-Witcher 1 save importing
-Yennefer's room in Kaer Trolde instead of Inn
-Quest where Geralt shows off to some kids
-Quest with play with Dandelion to recreate "Edge of the World" short story
-Voorhis future Emperor of Nilfgaard, if ciri_empress then married to him
-Female higher vampires (Bruxa) and male higher vampire (Mula) planned [Mula is not Katakan]
-Katakan can attack while invisible, need cat potion to see them
-Cant run away from higher vampires because of their speed
-If you don't block Bruxa scream with heliotrop, your blood gets sucked and Bruxa gets all hp back
-Katakan can suck your blood if a Bruxa stuns you too
-Heliotrop sign was to block spells from affecting you, like fiend hypnotize, botchling scream and bruxa scream
-Leshen spawn nekkers (5-8, does this 3 times per fight), which the leshen can heal
-Iorveth's model is complete since ages ago
-Inquisitor enemy with dimeritium laced armor who is resistant to signs, you can kill or spare him -On Temple Isle there is location "Inquisition HQ and Morgue" I dont know if its related to inquisitor or eternal fire
-Novigrad barge with Magarita (explained many times before, I wont elaborate)
-Bald Mountain locations included "pier, party, market, orgy meadow, party caves, root caves, imlerith arena, crone arena, fugas caves"
-Wild Hunt Eredin/Imlerith/Avallach boss fights
-Avallach boss fight described: "Simple bossfight like Letho/Leszen
-There was supposed to be a quest where you enter Avallach's mind, ambient sounds about avallach's mind and location "Avallach's internal world". This seems it became Auberon overdose scene instead.
-Ciri headband
-Ge'els in Kaer Morhen dream
-Imlerith instead of Nithral in Keira Metz line
-"goebbels" and "hate fruit" are main quest act 3 NPC's
-Eredin in epilogue in Novigrad
-Endings locations:
-ciri_dead in Kaer Morhen
-ciri_empress in Velen
-ciri_free in Novigrad

and the most important reasons ever: to add Iorveth and his Scoia'tael, add cinematics instead of slidesows, the Legend of Geralt of Rivia cannot end in slideshows!, and more screen time for the Wild Hunt and Eredin, I've read somewhere that Eredin admires and fears Geralt, that would've been very interesting and awesome to see and experience in the game.

the game is called The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

and the "E3 Gameplay" graphics

:evil2: :victory: :nice::cheers3:

Yes, it would benefit greatly from EE, although it would be very difficult to determine what the fanbase wants and expect from it:

- more Triss content
- E3 2014 graphics
- REDKit

I honestly doubt anything of this in particular is wanted by a significant percentage of fans.

I would say that's precisely what people are asking

- more Triss content
- E3 2014 graphics
- REDKit

I honestly doubt any of this is wanted by a significant percentage of fans.

I agree! Sums up everything that is most important!

Last edited:
Anyway, at this point it's simply just what users want, but what CDPR apparently don't. So this discussion is rather pointless, except to highlight what CDPR could do better and didn't.

But CDRP should do what we users want tbh! We buy their games, we decide if their games are bad or good!

We give them a feedback! I mean that's also the purpose of this Forum, isn't it?

WE NEED ALWAYS MORE!!! ;)

Attachments

• more.jpg
    more.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 96

dasft

Polishing is the must, this talk about more stuff is not possible right now, neither in 2018 in my thinking.

They are collecting more data to improve the game in 3 platforms, in terms of changes, the most important type is happening right now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom