People want Gwent as a Standalone Game

+
i'd love to play it as a standalone game as well and wouldn't mind paying for it. Take my money already! :D

yeah I would love to have a stand alone version of the game, it would certainly give me something to do at work when I cant play the full game.

I don't think it would be half as interesting as Hearthstone. Game is all about strong cards really. It lacks depth.

My board gaming group would love this as a physical game.

Have to admit for a chap like myself who pretty much hates minigames I have to say gwent is brilliant.

I think that Gwent would benefit from a companion app, similar to Hearthstone.
I would also love if it were multiplayer since my friends and I like to compare decks and strategy.

A friend was around when I started Witcher 3 and did the first gwent game. Soon as we see it we were like, "god I hate it when games try to make their own crappy card games within themselves.".

Gwent is damn cool though. I love it. Play it against everyone in the game.

If they decide to release Gwent as standalone game, they need to bring more balance to the cards. For example low damage cards are utter trash. The reason they are used in other CCGs is because they are cheap. But Gwent doesnt have any resource system, so there is absolutely no reason to include them in a deck. You can balance this by taking some damage number as a border line - lets say it is 6 attck dmg. Any card that has lower then that has some utility abilities or buffs to make up for it (the lower the dmg, the bigger benefit is). Any card that is above that has some drawbacks that make you use them in smart way, not just put it down any time. And there are rare elite cards with high damage unaffected by specials, that you can only have very limited number in your deck.

When will CDPR release a Standalone Gwent game?

Seriously, you guys have really outdone yourselves with this mini-game! When I first got the game one aspect I was not looking forward to was the road to become a dice champion again. What you have added to game that is so addicting that on my way to give private sword instructions to some Nilfgaardian maiden I had to play Gwent with every vendor to and from the quest. Of the 40 hours that I have already spent in this game I would say that 20 of those hours were spent playing Gwent. If CDPR were to release a Gwent game or have a multiplayer element to your card game I would play it over my copy of MTG any day of the week.

I would like to have a standalone Gwent game where you could challenge other players and winners would get one card from opponents collection.

A physical version of the game would probably piss off collectors edition people, but they could release the other two decks in physical form, scoia'tel and monsters? That way all people can play, but collectors edition people keep their unique decks...

CDPR we need Gwent IRL

Please consider making stand-alone Gwent multiplayer or start selling decks IRL, I think lots of us would buy that. Friend asked me the other day when we're printing cards.

GWENT-Cards

We have all played GWENT now and i think i'm not the only one who really loves it!!
I like it so much that i started looking if i could get the actual cards somewhere ( X-box players got them in the collectors eddition)
But now it happens that these cards cost over 60 euro's on e-bay or amazon or wherever, this is more then the actual game costs!!
Does anyone know if they are going to make more of these cards?

thank you very much fellow witchers

GWENT Mobile Game

This could be a very good idea for the future: a mobile/ pc card game based on Gwent. The concept is easy, dynamic, fun and it could be a shame if this wouldn't be at least considered. What do you guys think. Comment below!

Top Bottom