Stories and Adventures Thread

+
[SPOILERS]

I love this game and I think it is one of the best role playing action games ever created. The story line, characters, combat, everything about it is phenomenal. I have to say, however, that I was disappointed at the completion of the game when there was no further interaction with the main characters. Specifically, I was looking forward to being able to play out the specific endings of the game, hanging out with Triss in Kovir, living with Yennefer, seeing Ciri, etc. I thoroughly enjoyed HoS, am looking forward to the Blood and Wine expansion, and can't wait for a Witcher 3 version of REDkit, but I am wondering if the Blood and Wine expansion will bring a playable end to Geralt's story (not like added quests but just interaction with the NPC main characters). Could anyone answer this question? Lastly, I'd like to thank everyone at CDProjekt Red for making this fantastic game and caring so much about the input of fellow gamers!

SPOILERS!

TW3 is a masterpiece and escapism in its best sense, but playing the fantastic HoS-DLC has made me highly aware of a problem I already sensed during my first playthrough: the massive amount of side-quests and especially the highly fleshed-out HoS-Questline don't go together with the time pressure the narrative of the main story line establishes.

After having read this thread, I agree that my preferred option - i.e. integrating the various endings into the world-states and let the DLC take off from there - isn't feasible in terms of the work and changes it would necessitate.

Therefore, I propose what might be a slightly "gamey", but nonetheless better solution than the narrative inconsistency that is currently bugging many players, It would adress multiple issues with rhythm and timing:

While departing to the Isle of Mists, the game explicitly mentions that we as players have reached a point of no return (which is already "gamey" as ist is, given the Save-your-Game-Pop-Up etc). Conviently, in some dialogue shortly before (don't remember verbatim, but i guess with Aval'lach) it is as well mentioned that the Wild Hunt cannot reach Ciri on the Isle of Mists and that she's explicitly safe there.

Why not draw the logical conclusion: give some generic, but narratively convincing explanation XY (whatever CDPRs brilliant writers might come up with...) why the Isle of Mists is only accessible on Day XY (full moon, Halloween, etc), a day which, unfortunately, Geralt has just missed and has therefore to wait for XY days. The NPC informing Geralt of this unfortunate but convenient delay could also encourage him to tie up loose ends, improve his gear etc etc., thereby also making the immersion-breaking pop-up superfluous.

Thence you had a time-span XY in-game the player could devote to Quests as HoS while remaining narratively consistent with the main story. Especially the DLCs would profit from this narrative integration.

Edit: Similar devices are well known in the genre (and I'm sure there is a term for it), think of the second act of BG:2 (not related to time, but coin). I'm aware & pretty sure that the Isle of Mists was conceived precisely for this purpose, but it would profit from the clarification described above.

Last edited:
Thank god this game has no calendar, no time limits, and everything is pure joy and I can make every quest in piece and quiet without any need to hurry. And there is enough time to listen to the sarcastic and funny comments the NPC`s make, and enough time to visit some vendors and enjoy the nature and make some screenshots......

You have no idea how much I hated all this time-pressure quests for example in Dead Rising 3 and other adventure games, no time always no time for nothing, no time no time no time everything and every mission was just rushing from one waypoint to the next waypoint and every little slightest delay made 35-50 other quests lined up with even narrower time slots failing in five minutes because you could not rush from one waypoint to the next in these five minutes of delay..... (and every waypoint is of course positioned in the complete opposite position of town than the quest giver). And one could not even observe and watch the wildlife behavior of zombies because even looking at a zombie would have cost too much time to the quest.
Dead Rising 3 and other games using in game calendars and timed quests are enjoyable and explorable only with a time freeze cheat.
I am thankful every day that Witcher 3 does not have these stupid unbearable time pressure missions and that also no "in-game-calendar" was implemented.

When you get the message that you will enter the Isle of mist, there is no return and you need to save - just turn the boat around and sail back to Skellige and take your time to make the rest of the quests.
There is no need to hurry for anything in Witcher 3.
Never. And that`s the way it should be. :)
(Except in some rare occasions where Geralt must avoid poison gas or in Master Mirrors realm but these rare time limits are fine and ok and fair.)

I want to see a DLC in Kaer Morhen that is a huge flashback and progresses through story and history of Kaer Morhen, the Witcher School, and certain key points of Geralt's life.

I absolutely agree, a beautiful game, perfect game that unfortunately leaves you a little empty inside. I did not realize the last time I'd see Triss was when she stopped by before the final battle, it does leave you wanting just a little more. I'd pay to buy an expansion that just lets you fast travel to their house, just to say hello. I'd love to be able to stop by and talk with all of the characters, the world post final mission feels empty and pointless without them.

Make no mistake, this is as perfect of a video game as I've played. But if they could make a DLC that lets you still interact with the NPC main character that would solve the only real problem that it has. Seriously though, you've got at least $20 from me for that DLC.

[SPOILERS]

I would also like to be able to visit certain characters that disappear after completing the main storyline. I'm all alone at Kaer Morhen, and some bastard filled the path to the rooms at the beginning of the game with rubble :( I was expecting some characters to stay there, maybe everyone gets together to talk about the fact they just saved the world and all, and their future plans etc etc, maybe train with ciri, re-build the fortress, start recruiting some new witchers, hang out with your witcher buddies etc. I'd pay for such a DLC if that's what it took!

Also what if instead of just day/night in the different regions you had spring, summer, winter, added to the mix. Would be great because you could to go Kaer Morhen in the winter to winter there and see who else had decided to do the same and chill together.

I would like to see a DLC to help the Skelligers resettle Undvik. Hjalmar said that he was gonna make resettling there one of his main priorities and so far hasnt done anything about it.

I would like to see a DLC to help the Skelligers resettle Undvik. Hjalmar said that he was gonna make resettling there one of his main priorities and so far hasnt done anything about it.

Undvik is full of monsters after game end... portal opened, and lots of giants and other monsters were roaming it..

I want to see in flashbacks / read in the book of prehistory Alvin. Also, it is necessary to explain the change in creative concept of the Wild Hunt. I want more logical connection between the first and third parts. It is necessary to explain why Eredin stopped talking to Geralt after the first part, and why Wild Hunt became material, flesh and blood.
Unfortunately, the story does not get a holistic (difficulty with the transfer saves) as I would like, but there is no limit to perfection.

I personally would love to see some reworks on sirens.
In the novel Sh'eenaz was a beautiful intelligent and friendly creature singing melodious songs in Elder Speech, able to persuade if not control formidable sea monsters. But her counterparts in game are just ubiquitous screeching SOBs who'd attack anyone when posing less threats than a little inconvenience to dispatch.
Honestly I'm a little disappointed...

I personally would love to see some reworks on sirens.
In the novel Sh'eenaz was a beautiful intelligent and friendly creature singing melodious songs in Elder Speech, able to persuade if not control formidable sea monsters. But her counterparts in game are just ubiquitous screeching SOBs who'd attack anyone when posing less threats than a little inconvenience to dispatch.
Honestly I'm a little disappointed...

I would've loved to play through that short story, with Dandelion, Essi Daven and Sh'eenaz, would've been awesome, or something similar since Essi is dead so it would maybe require a prequel to include her, can't remember the name of the short story right now but remember it from Sword of Destiny, although I wonder if the Lady of The Lake in TW1 was suppose to be a reference to that short story and SH'eenaz...

I'm playing B&W now and while it's largely superb I'm a little disappointed with how aligned Geralt is with the humans in it. What I'm getting at specifically is that there are several caves where beasts live and for some reason a bunch of wine merchants want to clear out the caves and convert them into wine cellars. So we're basically talking beasts that exists natually in the ecosystem and which haven't bothered anyone that we know of so far. I don't know about your Geralt but my Geralt would tell those wine merchants to eff off and leave the beats in peace.

My Geralt would only step in and kill the "monsters" if they actually represented a treat to humans or other creatures. To kill a creature living by itself in a cave just because some humans want to store wine there is not how see witchers existing in this world. The way I see Geralt he's by no means perfect, but I'm fairly certain he would only take on such a contract if he was seriously hurting for coin or under pressure to win some local lords favor etc.

I would have liked it more if you could tell the wine merchants to bugger off and find some other place to store their wine, or lure the beats to another cave so that you empty the cave without killing them. Or maybe make a pact with some druid or some such that she could collect the beats and take them to a better place deeper in the forest. To just go in and kill beats who are doing their own thing and who don't pose a treat if left alone doesn't strike me as very "witcher like"

I'm playing B&W now and while it's largely superb I'm a little disappointed with how aligned Geralt is with the humans in it. What I'm getting at specifically is that there are several caves where beasts live and for some reason a bunch of wine merchants want to clear out the caves and convert them into wine cellars. So we're basically talking beasts that exists natually in the ecosystem and which haven't bothered anyone that we know of so far. I don't know about your Geralt but my Geralt would tell those wine merchants to eff off and leave the beats in peace.

My Geralt would only step in and kill the "monsters" if they actually represented a treat to humans or other creatures. To kill a creature living by itself in a cave just because some humans want to store wine there is not how see witchers existing in this world. The way I see Geralt he's by no means perfect, but I'm fairly certain he would only take on such a contract if he was seriously hurting for coin or under pressure to win some local lords favor etc.

I would have liked it more if you could tell the wine merchants to bugger off and find some other place to store their wine, or lure the beats to another cave so that you empty the cave without killing them. Or maybe make a pact with some druid or some such that she could collect the beats and take them to a better place deeper in the forest. To just go in and kill beats who are doing their own thing and who don't pose a treat if left alone doesn't strike me as very "witcher like"

Depends on the beasts. If they're thinking and reasoning, Geralt would tell them to eff off. If not, he'd slay them and take the merchants' money. This is what a Witcher does. Witchers aren't tree hugging animal rights' activists, they're monster killers. As long as the monster isn't a reasoning being and it's not a dragon, his job is to kill them, plain and simple.

Give us an option where in the end Shani + Ciri shows up. Please CDPR
I agree, mostly about Ciri. This is one of the things I have wanted most ever since finishing the main story. I also think it would be great if we could actually play as Ciri for quests unrelated to the main stories. But even just being able to see her or play alongside her would be amazing. I miss the other characters :(

I agree, mostly about Ciri. This is one of the things I have wanted most ever since finishing the main story. I also think it would be great if we could actually play as Ciri for quests unrelated to the main stories. But even just being able to see her or play alongside her would be amazing. I miss the other characters :(

You are not alone, Ciri is such an amazing Character and i would have loved to do with her some Monster Contracts and stuff. Or having her as a Companion for Geralt but well...that was already discussed in many other Threads and i guess CD Project now have enough of The Witcher. Next thing will be Cyberpunk

but still...

I want Ciri is a Main or one of the Main Characters in The Witcher 4 !!!

You are not alone, Ciri is such an amazing Character and i would have loved to do with her some Monster Contracts and stuff. Or having her as a Companion for Geralt but well...that was already discussed in many other Threads and i guess CD Project now have enough of The Witcher. Next thing will be Cyberpunk

but still...

Yes please. If W4 will ever be Ciri must play key role. Also coz new comic "Curse of Crows", it seems Ciri-witcher is canonical ending now.

but still...

I just finished the game and had th biggest pleasure in finishing it because it is marvelous.I was wandering if you could think about an alternative story with Ciri as main chara with her own personal abilities and own development in skills and weapons/armor sets.The part where she fights against the mage is incredible and the end boost skills she uses is fantastic,i mean ok running but teleporting is another story,plus the whole story from witcher gives possibilities to a new game.A war against the nilfgard,betrayal from the lodge against the empire and the hunt for ciris abilities,the wild hunt anew with the she-elf from the laboratory (at end of game almost) behind the complot,temerias rise and so on...geralt maybe as a helper,and a story invilving the elder vampires with regis and maybe a more powerfull one like the first of them.i loved the twist involving the possibility of have both yen and triss because it is intriguing tho i would have expected in B&W something with henrietta.anyway amazing job i'm waiting for your next project,hoping to be something as great if not better then witcher 3!!!

Top Bottom