Gameplay Changes Thread

+
Gameplay Changes Thread

Hey guys. :)

Some of you might be looking for the most risky way of playing the game.
I just finished coding a tool for that.

But currently it only works for my resolution, in order to find a way to make it work with all resolutions i need to know how the death screen is scaling on other resolutions.

So if u want to help me out, send me a screenshot of your death-screen.

Thanks! :)

Hardcore mode please ( and overall increased difficulty)

No need to say, you guys have created a masterpiece. As a Polish I'm so proud of what you've achieved.
Hovewer, there is one thing that is big issue to me. Leveling is way too fast, and there is no way to stop Geralt from becoming a God, after spending some time in the game. I have started playing it at hardest difficulty, and while it was somehow challenging at the beginning, it becomes incredible easy, at some point. I'm not even going for certain builds, which would make it even less challenging. I was doing all side quests or contracts I've came across, and found out, that I was way above recommended level for main story quests. Here is few ideas that would improve gameplay imho (not sure, if they are possible to apply, but hey, this is suggestions subforum).
1. Enemy level should be ALWAYS at minimum same level as you or higher. You are killing pack of wolves or drowners at lv 5 with single fart, when you are lvl 15+. This way even if you are way above given quest level, you are always paying attention to details, using oils, potions, preparing to fight as Witcher should.
2. Let us drop experience, if we feel overpowered (some sort of pills or potion).
3. Make some changes to experience points gained from quests ( in short, let them give much less exp upon completion).
4. Tweak some abilities, so you would not be a one man army after a while ( becoming more efficient is nice and desired, but being
as mentioned above is not).
5. Hardcore mode please (I've read a bit about it, and I know you will deliver it sooner or later - hopefully sooner). Any ETA on this one, and will it be available on consoles as well?
If No. 1 is possible to do, then there is no need for 2, 3 and 4.
I'm talking about changes to Ps4 version and X1, as one of the biggest advantage of Pc (along the obvious graphic enhancement) is the modding community. Poor console gamers are left at developers mercy.
I hope I am not alone in need for some better challenge. And I'm damn sure, you guys at CD PR are able to make it even as hard, as Dark Soul series. Playing Witcher 3 at Hardcore at DS difficulty - can't imagine how epic it would feel.

Last edited:
Tweak Open World Enemy Spawning for Balance

We have plenty of wolves and nekkers and drowners in predefined locations in the map, but some of the bigger monsters like leshens, griffins, fiends, cyclopses, and the sort spawn INCREDIBLY rarely. Like, I came across a wyvern in an empty field once every 3 or 4 play sessions of like 3 hours while just screwing around.

I think it would be great if they tweak the spawning to make bigger monsters spawn much more liberally in the open world (within the bounds of their traits of course, I won't ask for a cyclops in White Orchard or a Leshen in a grassy knoll)

Lastly, there should be a lot more human enemies wandering the world. Bandit encounter are scarce.

Basically what I am getting at is that bandit camps and guarded treasures are where 99 percent of all encounters with bandits and big monsters occur.

Other enemy encounters with "cannon fodder" enemies like wolves, drowners, nekkers, even bears, are in predefined locations as well, and there is no "organic living breathing ecosystem" to be seen, other than the VERY rare random occurrence of some bandits and a powerful monster.

---------- Updated at 11:29 PM ----------

In AC4 Black Flag, opening your spyglass on the seas would trigger several encounters to spawn in different parts of the horizon, like merchant vehicles, ships at battle, caravans, ect.

Maybe using witcher sense should spawn different enemies, monsters and animals in different parts of the game world in the somewhat near vicinity..

With red circles showing up for high level big monsters.

There should be more NPCs wandering the areas outside of villages. Like caravans with guards, people galloping on horseback, ect.

Also, taverns should be more useful in game. Perhaps you can get information on some monsters or opportunities in the area. This would be an ever regenerating "monster contract" sort of thing. So, not "hand crafted", but perhaps this would be a wise thing to put in.

I for sure will say no to dark souls hardness, as people should be able to choose how hard their adventure is and I wouldn't have bought this game if it was forced dark souls hardness. The difficulty is fine in its current state imo.

Gameplay Changes Thread

Technically, -everything- in this subforum would come under this heading. Except maybe visual or aural stuff..

Instead, use it for suggested changes to general gameplay: horse riding, jumping, Geralt's well-known ability to swim sideways...or, of course, anything else that might fit better here than another category.

For bombs, could there be an option to have the crosshair determine their launch vector instead of the impact point? I find it unintuitive that if I aim at an enemy's center of mass Geralt will throw the bomb well over and past him, where normally I would expect it to fall short if anything. Maybe the current method might have more use for air detonations since you can control exactly where on screen it will explode, but since you can't control the distance I'm not sure a fuse with normal grenade aiming wouldn't suffice. Also, for some reason sometimes you throw bombs backwards if you don't move after coming out of the inventory menu?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6gCOh_UDuE

What I was asking for is new mode, which is entirely optional, so it would appeal only to people starving for harder difficulty in game. Leave other difficulties levels as they are, but give some challenge to minority (I guess not many would like to play on anything harder then March and Death).

Campfires and resting idle animation

I think I'm not alone on this one, If Geralt could set a basic campfire almost everywhere he likes and the cherry on top would be the ability to cook basic meals. You know what else, if you could also seat Geralt on the ground or most surfaces and he has some basic seated idle animations for resting, eating and so on. Gimme a small campfire and a bedroll!

Last edited:
Don't know where else to put this, so I'll do it here. I'll be brief, anyway.

I would like an option to stop Geralt's beard from growing whenever you want. Just a toggle or something.

This way, you will not have to run back to the barber every third quest and you will not have to have your immersion shattered when Geralt goes into a cave at noon clean-shaven and emerges at 3 o'clock with a short-cropped full beard.

another idea is about stamina and health - I think it would be much more challenging, if health would not improve at all with the levels, while it would be stamina that gets the boost. Stamina regeneration should be minimal even outside combat, while food and drinks would be needed to replenish stamina slowly. each attack, dodge or roll would cost small amount of stamina, so hungry witcher would be in trouble... casting would be even more stamina intensive, and player would have to be careful to not overspend himself in fight... With stamina completely depleted, all attacks would deal minimal damage, while with higher level of stamina, all attacks would be more damaging. This way initial damage dealt would be much higher than damage dealt at the end of the fight.

Health would be only restored by using potions like swallow or white raffard, yet, actual HP regeneration could be slightly higher than it is now.

I love the group finishing move in the witcher 2 assassin of kings, don't know anyone have a plan to bring it back in the witcher 3 in next patch ?,
And there is a problem in the witcher 3, when i use the alternate AXII Sign, i try to hold Q button to cast it but it's always cast the regular form of this sign, the percent of successful casting alternate axii sign it's 50/50. It's imposible cause of the keyboard problem because it's just happen when cast alternate axii.

Add the ability to toggle the combat state off so that you can jump while still, technically, in combat. I'm sick and tired of getting trapped on the boat whenever there are hostiles around.

I'm a console player and I noticed that you don't use a single left thumbstick click for anything. So how about clicking it once to get back into explarotory mode while hostilites are around, then jump over whatever obstacle is blocking your way. After all that click it once again to get back to kicking ass...

Hi,
I don't know about other Witcher 3 players, but I play a lot of Skyrim (Modded), and one of the best things about it and that really helps with immersion is the ability to eat, drink, sleep and even bathe to keep your stats up and stop you from dying. Because Witcher 3 is so big it would really benefit from this in the same way that Geralt does in the books.
I also much prefer the dice poker from the first Witcher game and would have liked the option maybe to play both that and Gwent, because I don't really like the game of Gwent much.
Why has the central storage chest which Geralt has been able to use at all inn's in the previous games not been used in this game which is much larger, it annoys me that I am having to sell items at very cheap prices I would rather store because I do not have the carrying capacity. Also why is there no option to buy an item back at the same price if it is sold by mistake, I am constantly having to reload when I do this as I am not willing to pay several times the price I just accidentally sold something for.

Geralt needs a shaver/razor in his inventory, so he can shave (completely) on the road, without having to fast travel to the city. It's really annoing to have to fast travel just to shave (but I love the growing beard feature, do not delete it, we just need a razor).

For mounted combat, could we have the X button always attack to the left and Y always attack to the right? Right now it tries to guess and often gets it wrong.

Hello, great developers of The Witcher 3...
Please enable jump during combat... it gets so annoying sometimes... especially when I'm surrounded by fence or high terrains...
In the key bindings menu there are two separate keys for jump and roll... but I still cant jump during combat...
Hopefully it's not a difficult fix, and it will come in the future patch....

Nevertheless, the game itself and the general combat experience is amazing... great job making this game.

---------- Updated at 08:25 AM ----------

Also, ever considered adding a "taunt" button?
I see human type enemies taunt frequently, and even Foglets do that.

Maybe it will add some fun, like in Devil May Cry series, if I get a bonus adrenalin point by taunting at correct timing.

More content for lakes and open sea would be nice. I think of something like bigger sea monsters or different boat-types. To fight bigger sea monsters one could think of something like dive bombs. Also a more living environment for example by adding large ships sailing across the sea and/or docking at harbors would increase the atmosphere.

Last edited:
Well, I don't mind having to shave Geralt, hell, I thought I wouldn't want to be Geralt for 300 hours but he's damn cool.

Put the dice game back... why did they remove it?

Top Bottom