Inventory Thread

+
@ampex1919 @nircc @mettkan and I am sure many others on different threads (Also including myself) are requesting Alphabetical Order for all things on each page/tab of the inventory system.

I do enjoy the looks of it but, like some others have also mentioned, the new item indicating system is a little annoying. It wouldn't be bad if the newly acquired item was listed first like it used to be, then would go back after you left the inventory. So I am suggesting that it revert back to the old indicating system.

I do find it odd the the Armor/Weapons now are in a right-left arrangement instead of the left-right orientation we have been used to. But I'll cope, actually I already have,lol

Next suggestion, if I may, A 4 mini scrolling window page/tab. 1 window for each Oil, Potion, Decoction, and Bombs. That way the Potions & Decoctions are not cluttered together.

Quest items that are already over with still needs to move over to allowing to sell. For example, the Bundle of Burdock for the quest with Sara the Godling. Thaler's monocle is not a part of a quest, but yet it is listed as a item needed for a quest and can't be sold or dropped.

I like the Gwent Book, that has been helpful on letting me know how many cards are left for me to get. I have gotten all the Gwent cards 10 times over, but this is still a nice addition.

Last suggestion from me, unless I think of something else, I understand the reason for not allowing us to sell bolts, but could you please bring back the option for us to dismantle them at a Blacksmith/Armorer? In order to save weight, I have to put the ones that I don't use anymore (because of the lower attack/effect power over the newer bolts that I have created or bought) into the storage chest.

Oh I'm sorry, I just thought of another suggestion. Speaking of storage chests. Maybe having a storage chest at several Blacksmith and/or Armorer locations. Not all of the locations, just more than what we have. It's kinda pointless to have one in White Orchard, unless a person is carrying some items over to a NG+. The reason, I like to get the School of the Griffen & The School of the Wolf and to save weight I put one of the complete set into storage chest already upgraded to the next level. It is bothersome to, for example, go from Hatori to Dandelion's to get into my storage chest. Then back to Hatori. If there was one in Hatori's area, then everything is cool. Also moving the Crows Perch to either the Quartermaster's area or Yoanna's location would be a good spot.

I think that's it. I do want to again say that I like the look and feel of things in this 1.21 patch.

​BadWolf

i support the HELL out of the separation of bombs decoctions potions and oils.
that is the other thing that i really like about the updated version is the separation of oils and potions and such but i do think that there is room for improvement.

The other half of the quest item issue is that once the quest is complete the item is being maintained in the inventory and these should be auto removed once they are no longer necessary to prevent clutter.
THIS! My quest tab is totally filled (all 48 slots, yes), even though I've got zero unfinished quests. Ok, leaving there eye of nehaleni and magic lamp sounds logical, as they might be useful elsewhere... but other quest items should lose their "quest" flags as soon as corresponding quest is over, this way or that (which should cause moving them to the trash tab). Some other items should probably just disappear upon use - such as cage keys, cursed fang, alchemy ingredients from plotline quest, etc.

Can't think of a better place to post that, but I think it would be a great decision to allow using consumables from the loot screen, which would make food consumption more useful. It's both practical and comfortable as you can eat a meal immediately without the neccesity to put it in the inventory and only consume it afterwards.

A simple but yet very important thing might be a remove of the inventory tooltip/description delay. I read that this was already implemented in a past patch but i cannot imagine a good reason for forcing such a delay. It is a pain in the ass to search for the best items to sell especially when considering different parameters such as weight / cost / type. Even when just browsing items, who likes to wait for a description to appear?

To support such tasks, it would be very nice to have different sorting parameters such as (stack) weight/price.

i think that the descriptions should not only get rid of the delay but the description should GET OUT OF OUR WAY!!! it needs to go back to the side or bottom of the screen in an area that isnt being used instead of hovering over the items im trying to browse through and look at.

I really don't understand why the inventory is so extremely sluggish on the ps4. Takes so long to switch tabs and there is such long lag between pressing a button and switching to another item.

Not it sure if it this has been brought up but when I throw my shit(I'm hoarding items) from my inventory to the Stash-chest and taking items back from the stash it's extremely slow and tedious.

I think there should be an option to select all the items I want to transfer and with one button-press, transfer them all instead of the extremely slow and tedious way to transfer items one by one. I'm sure PC-owners can do this faster cause of more PC-horsepower and a mouse. But man, I'd save a lot of time if I was able to pre-select a lot of items rather than doing them one by one on ps4.

Also, the sorting option seems to not affect the stash-chest at all and only Geralts inventory. I love this game to death though...wish I had a PC that could run this game but hey, I'm pretty happy with a lot of the improvements the latest patch did with this game.

Not sure it was addressed here (did not find when looked) but can I suggest making the Food queue/inventory lockable? I am tired of CONSTANTLY realigning the food in queue THAT I WANT, and not that arbitrarily queued up by the game. With more vitality/HP/general awesomeness, I require the better food first so I can rely on the most regeneration I can get during battle, and NOT the wimpy stuff I prefer to leave at the END of the queue. Thank You for letting me vent.....

I'm on the ps4 btw so you PC-players don't need to chime in on how fast it's for you..

Anyhow...why is the inventory and the menu-system unbelievably slow? It seems to get 486(66mhz, my first PC ever while a kid btw)-like sluggishness when numbers of items increase in the Stack and the standard inventory.

Changing tabs take several seconds..I love this game to death so I just deal with it. It just seems ironic that this game can render such amazing visuals. But some pictures and texts in tabs and boxes..whoa! That's heavy duty math-processing lol.

I still don't get why I can't have a checklist with a V-mark marking all the items I want to sell, transfer, dump in the middle of wherever I feel like and with ONE press on the X-button, It's done. It might be as sluggish as ever but then I could go get a shower or do the dishes meanwhile geralt is tediously doing his slow inventory-thing by himself.

Can anyone explain why it is so slow technically on the ps4? Is it the ps4s slow multi core-CPUs ? I know very little about these things. Map is very sluggish as well. I'm even thinking of getting an SSD to reduce load times between travels, not much faster but all those minutes add up to hours of loading-screens. I'm on my second playthrough(new game plus, death march, did the difficulty under that the first playthrough).

I also think even more order is needed for the decoction are needed or maybe some way to mark them as favorites because I keep gawking at so many of them cause I don't know what they do. They all look like bottles with slightly different colors. I do find the Stamina-decoction right away though..not sure but I think I have most of them. 90% of all of them at least.

I think the sorting and tabs constantly reopening in the crafting menu is awful. Same thing in the alchemy. I guess if I had a good PC with a mouse I could do this faster..but I'm poor and stuck on a ps4..

I like reading the completed quests too and some sorting-option should be available there I think. At least show me the last completed quest right away so I don't have to scroll for ages to find the one I want to read(a bit like small novels).

Is like to somehow in mid-battle change to one of a couple chosen oils(cause I've gotten pretty good at guessing what I'm up against now after prolly hundred of hours of playing this game) instead of wasting more minutes going into the slow menu-system , trying to find the right potion...

I might seem naggy about minutes but those adds up over hours and hours of gameplay and those minutes turns into hours and hours of tedious menu-hopping. Life can be short and I want to do things I want to do efficiently.

I'm sure I could come up with dozens of different ways the menus could be more time-efficient. Tbh, if I had a PC I would be pretty motivated to learn my chops to mod this game just to make these options available..

Traveling the world Witcher 3, we collect a lot of items and ingredients for potions, bombs, and other things ... When we take something, there is a window appear with buttons "Take", "Take all" and "Cancel". In this window we can see a list of all items contained in the container. In this window I would like to see the Number of items already in my inventory. For example, I pick mushrooms, and there is a window appear, I see that I already have 20 pieces of this mushrooms in my inventory. That enough for me and I press "Cancel" button. I think it would be useful for many players, especially who love to craft.

Last edited:
Inventory is still crap. Broken. Slow. Inefficient.

Can't sort by name.
Can't filter.
Can't search.
Can't sort by value per unit weight.
Can't see how much of something I have when I collect, buy, or craft items.
Sorting by type is broken - piles of the same items are scattered around.
Same mutagens are kept separate instead of in piles, which makes the alchemy inventory grow large and slow (screenshot below).

View attachment 72360

I HATE this inventory. I remember the good ole days of SkyUI....

Attachments

• mutagens.jpg
    mutagens.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Wish I could run this game on PC, then I'd be motivated to learn how to mod it..

There's so many improvements I'd like to do in the menus, especially the inventory and quest-log menus..

Minor naggings, I love this game regardless.

First of all, i wish that most of the things in here were added as toggles because i dont want to be forced into changes i dont like.

Secondly, i would love if Decoctions and Potions were separated. Rest is fine with me to be honest.

I would like inventory as in the first witcher. So that it was impossible to carry tons of weapons and armor. And the feeling that I'm not playing the witcher, but in the marauder.

simple suggestion: Allow Gerault to either fashion or hire a great sword's smith to reforge blades, use exotic metals infused with monster essences to build blades that are sharper, do more damage and are more resilient to damage.

Would deeply appreciate being able to improve the capabilities of the Viper Blades and armor by allowing a master armorer and weapon smith the ability to upgrade those items.

Would've been nice if selecting an item or schematic in the crafting panel or shop panel showed you a preview of what it would look like on you.

Top Bottom