Main theme in the menu

+
Main menu theme

Not much of an improvement, but just a little thing I had on my mind since the first expansion: It would be really cool if we could cycle through main menu screens and themes .. you know between Vanilla - HoS - BaW .. I know I know who really gives a damn about this .. but .. there is nothing more epic than starting the game, going into the menu and hearing that god damn amazing Geralt of Rivia main theme!!! .)

There is a mod that does this exact thing.

I agree though that it should definitely be implemented officially though.

I know I know who really gives a damn about this .. but .. there is nothing more epic than starting the game, going into the menu and hearing that god damn amazing Geralt of Rivia main theme!!! .)
Interestingly, there've actually been a few people who've cared about the idea for this option. Threads merged.

I woudl love this as well, plus also additionally there should exist in the game a way for example in Corvo Bianco your how, and for those without B&W in kaer Morghen to be able to hear at will all the songtracks of the game which you want to hear.

Some kind of "Magic Item" shoudl you receive somehow in the game that you can find in Kaer Morhen in your room (where you start the game) or in Corvo Bianco ,your home there somewhere in your sleeping room, which you can use to select then out of a list the songtrack you want to hear actually.

That would be awesome, truly awesome !! (including the main themes from the startign screen)

Why not have it so that depending on your last save, the menu will reflect where you are in the story. IE, if you saved during a HOS quest you will get the HOS menu.

Nice nice, for the sake of old times I would like to see the other two main menus too. And switch the menues depending on what DLC (or the main game) I´m currently playing.
Great mod, will test it right now.

edit
Unfortunately this main menu mod is not mergeable with Witcher 3 Enhanced Edition mod.

And when I say not mergeable.... I mean it, it`s just about 4 lines of code the merge itself would be an easy task - but even putting the mod into the mod folder completely destroys the ingame mod menu (for the camera positions and all the other stuff), and no "mod - menu options" appear.

Strange, every other mod is mergeable, the slow motion combat, the camera mod, the dark nights mod, the different XP mod (always full XP for quests - because I hate linear games and when I have no time for a sidequest and want to do some main quests first, I want to play it this way without being punished with only " 1 XP " for defeating a Bies in a dark mysterious cave half an hour later and levelelled up 2 ranks :D ).
Full XP is so important, baaah nothing is as annoying as being forced to do quests the exact order, and not doing what I want (some main story, some monster hunts afterwards, some main story, some strolling around and monster hunts afterwards....)

Even this special Phoenix Rage Igni mod is mergeable, if I have a full night time for that and several gallons of energy drink.

Just not this one, not the menu background mod.
This mod is 100% incompatibel with W3EE mod.

Here is the problem.

Menu Mod:

currentObject = flashStorageUtility.CreateTempFlashObject();
currentObject.SetMemberFlashString( "id", currentSubMenuName);

if ( currentSubMenuName == "mainmenu" )
{
currentObject.SetMemberFlashString( "label", "main menu" );
}
else
{
currentObject.SetMemberFlashString( "label", GetLocStringByKeyExt(displayNamePrefix + currentSubMenuName) );
}
currentObject.SetMemberFlashUInt( "tag", NameToFlashUInt( 'MenuSelector') );

Witcher 3 Enhanced Edition Mod:

currentObject = flashStorageUtility.CreateTempFlashObject();
currentObject.SetMemberFlashString( "id", currentSubMenuName);

// W3EE
// currentObject.SetMemberFlashString( "label", GetLocStringByKeyExt(displayNamePrefix + currentSubMenuName) );
if (GetLocStringByKeyExt(displayNamePrefix + currentSubMenuName) == "" || (!StrBeginsWith(groupDisplayName, "video.") && (currentSubMenuName == "general" || currentSubMenuName == "General" || currentSubMenuName == "GENERAL")) )
currentObject.SetMemberFlashString( "label", currentSubMenuName );
else if (GetLocStringByKeyExt(displayNamePrefix + currentSubMenuName) != "")
currentObject.SetMemberFlashString( "label", StrReplace(GetLocStringByKeyExt(displayNamePrefix + currentSubMenuName), "panel_", "") );
// W3EE

currentObject.SetMemberFlashUInt( "tag", NameToFlashUInt( 'MenuSelector') );

Looks easy huh, just replace the lines from W3EE with the lines from the Menu Mod. :D
Well - this doesn`t work as usual.
No matter how one merges it, the complete mod menu is messed up and no Main Menu Selector appears, but just black selectable fields and everything else descripted with
"Exploration Camera X = 1, Y = -4, Z = 0"
now looks like:
"#string-value_camera_main_EX=54634767356745673456757878"

I don`t have the slightest idea what might be the problem, and how to merge this without messing up the complete Mod Menus options.
My guess - not compatible at all....

Last edited:
I don't understand why the three main menu were not all included in the way main menu scene was used in Witcher 2. When game starts, let it scan the latest save file. Depending on wheter Geralt Met Olgierd, show the HoS main menu scene and if the save game indicates Geralt has travelled to Toussain, show the B&W main screen scene. Does seem a no brainer to me and not that hard to code. There's no end to polishing the game but it stands pretty complete now. Just do this bit before leaving the game for good, please.

I don't understand why the three main menu were not all included in the way main menu scene was used in Witcher 2. When game starts, let it scan the latest save file. Depending on wheter Geralt Met Olgierd, show the HoS main menu scene and if the save game indicates Geralt has travelled to Toussain, show the B&W main screen scene. Does seem a no brainer to me and not that hard to code. There's no end to polishing the game but it stands pretty complete now. Just do this bit before leaving the game for good, please.

Exactly. If the last quest you did was part of the main quest, show the original theme and so on.

Is the Theme now at GOTY edition changeable?

Has anyone figured out anything about this? I am growing TIRED of the Blood and Wine background and song I want the Original background with the original music. its been almost a year of this...its getting annoying they need to fix this or something.

SaladinBarchan;n3086473 said:
Really? Can someone confirm this with a video or something?
I can confirm this. Not with a video, however. The complete and GoTY editions do rotate between the base game and expansion menus.

Hart95;n8353120 said:
I can confirm this. Not with a video, however. The complete and GoTY editions do rotate between the base game and expansion menus.

How do you get it to do it? I've been playing the game for so long and it never changed the theme? Still with the latest one of B&W (Or does it not working for PC?)

ninawindia;n8371740 said:
How do you get it to do it? I've been playing the game for so long and it never changed the theme? Still with the latest one of B&W (Or does it not working for PC?)
You have to have either the GotY edition or the Complete Edition. If you have either the menu will change upon startup/shutdown.

If you own the base game with the expansions separately it will not work.

Hart95;n8371860 said:
You have to have either the GotY edition or the Complete Edition. If you have either the menu will change upon startup/shutdown.

If you own the base game with the expansions separately it will not work.

I have it on PC, upgarded to GoTY with all expensions and it didn't change for me.

ninawindia;n8371970 said:
I have it on PC, upgarded to GoTY with all expensions and it didn't change for me.
Are you sure you have the GotY edition installed and not the base game with separate expansions?

Top Bottom