I wish w3 had more of a handplaced loot system like KOTOR

+
I wish w3 had more of a handplaced loot system like KOTOR

CDPR made the mistake a lot of rpg devs do now and made crafting too important while trivializing MOST other loot you find, while at the same time all that loot being random. KOTOR had specific drops from bosses or certain merchants sold BIS (Best in slot) gear equipment upgrades that made it pretty satisfying when you attained them.

I do think a random element should still be present, but definitely not the way they did it where 99% of everything was random. The only thing I think should have been random is alchemy recipes/ingredients. I'm also not sure if I like the random loot being scaled (I think?); felt sort of odd to me. Not sure how you would do loot like that with an open world, though.

I just love handplaced loot systems in rpg's, like kotor 1/2, dragon age origins, ect. Putting several best-in-slot equipment gears for several of the builds you can do in this game scattered across the open world from bosses, hard contracts, certain quests, would really have made the loot system more enjoyable to me. I think w3's loot is just "okay." Don't really love it but don't really hate it.

Top Bottom