Russian localization weird dialogue speed up\slow down

+
Russian localization weird dialogue speed up\slow down

Hello CD Project RED and thank you for such a great game is about to release!

We have plenty of reviews now for almost any localized version of the game and there is something strange with the Russian voices in dialogues.
Problem is that the speech of the person Geralt talked to or the Geralt itself is highly speeded up (or slowed down) very often.
It is very easy to notice and very unpleasant and unnatural to hear.
English and German voices seems perfect and do not have such an issue.

Some people believe this is software technology to achieve synchronization between voice and animation.

Is it a bug, or is it done intentionally and there is no solution other to get used to it?

Please, give us an answer, so we might hope for russian localization be equal in quality with others, and not the speedy mess it currently is.

PS: if someone noticed similar issue in other language localization please post it here.

Last edited:
Many Russian reviewers mentioned that problem btw.

I don't think so. :(
Haven't noticed it in Polish VO & it should suffer from the same problem (slavic languages are more "mouthfull" then EN). I don't know if they'll correct it, but in the worst case scenario you can try it with "pshek" VO & RU subs - I heard it worked for some people with Witcher 1.

Last edited:
in the worst case scenario you can try it with "pshek" VO & RU subs
It is better for me to use english VO with russian subtitles then, for I`am almost do not understand polski (despite of the same slavic group with russian).

So - there is no more evidences of abnormal voices acceleration\shrinking in the other than Russian localizations yet?

It must be a bug then.
Please CDPR fix it as soon as you can! :wallbash:

All Russian Witcher community is now talking about it. CDPR please pay attention to this problem and fix this as soon as possible.

You have always said that everything you do - you are doing for the players. This is your chance to prove your words. Millions of Witcher fans, here in Russia, will be very grateful to you.

Please correct the problem.

---------- Updated at 11:45 AM ----------

Please correct the problem.!

This is a very serious problem. I'm waiting for this game for a long time and do not want to feel uncomfortable because of poor localization. Please take this problem.

It is better for me to use english VO with russian subtitles then, for I`am almost do not understand polski (despite of the same slavic group with russian).

So - there is no more evidences of abnormal voices acceleration\shrinking in the other than Russian localizations yet?

It must be a bug then.
Please CDPR fix it as soon as you can! :wallbash:
I hope there will provide a solution, some of the Ru VO I heard sounds really strange. As for the Polish VO, I meant you can preserve the "slavic" mood of the countryside - to me English there sounds funny, I simply cannot imagine my grandma speaking English)). I was also considering switching to English for the Skellige (with Scottish accents and all) just to add to the immersion.

Please, CDPR, fix this problem. I watched several streams and youtube videos about the game by now and can confirm that dialogue speed changing occurs quite often in the game in Russian version. It is a huge disappointment as it soils otherwise good localisation.

Many people here in Russia, myself included, intended to play Russian localisation, as in Witcher series they were traditionally good. I read books in russian translation so the world is most familiar to me in that language -- it will be very sad if a technical issue will force me to switch to English. I have nothing against an English in the game, from what i saw it's done very well, but it's not as natural to me in the world of Witcher as Russian. So, once again, please, do something about that problem.

Last edited:
This is a very serious problem. I'm waiting for this game for a long time and do not want to feel uncomfortable because of poor localization. Please take this problem.

Please, do not let down one of your biggest and most loyal communities. That is just not fair as other VO are fine. Moreover, reviewers report about mouths staying shut when characters speak elvish. It seems this problem exists since The Witcher 2, where it is not fixed so far.
BTW, the VO itself is great and really contributes to the overall slavic atmosphere, it would be sad to switch to english and ruin it by replacing rich and sound russian obscene vocabulary with f words.

Last edited:
Top Bottom