Temerian Valuables Quest Bug.

+
This bug is still in 1.06 on PC. Seems really strange that a bug so early in the story/depth of the game has yet to be fixed. Can we please get a fix for this :(

Sorry to bump an old-ish thread, but I started a new playthrough today and ran into this bug.
- Key in inventory (it's on the OTHER tab for some reason)
- Quests are marked as completed, but the chest on the house near the mill won't open despite showing the "unlock" option.

Running 1.06 on PC via Galaxy.
I know that the contents of the chest may not be very important in the long run, but between this and the bugged Abandoned Site I can't 'complete' White Orchard and it's driving me up the wall.

Sorry to bump an old-ish thread, but I started a new playthrough today and ran into this bug.
- Key in inventory (it's on the OTHER tab for some reason)
- Quests are marked as completed, but the chest on the house near the mill won't open despite showing the "unlock" option.

Running 1.06 on PC via Galaxy.
I know that the contents of the chest may not be very important in the long run, but between this and the bugged Abandoned Site I can't 'complete' White Orchard and it's driving me up the wall.

Hey,also encountered this issue today, sure hope they fix it as im kind of OCD about uncompleted quests and its frustrating the tits outta me

I have the same problem with patch 1.06 PC GOG. I looted the place before getting the quest, now the key is in my quest tab but won't open anything. The chest isn't even highlighted, though it does display "Unlock", but doesn't react when I try to unlock. Please fix the bug !

Just started playing W3 on Xbox One and encountered this issue.

I have yet to start the 16GB update (Ugh, huge and my internet is slow)

Is there an update that will fix this bug and can I still complete this quest after completing the quest that has me leave the area? (THe main mission)

Playing 1.31(A) version of the Game of the year edition and this bug is still up, already looted everything, but got all the chests except the locked one before getting the key, then I got the key and looted the remaining one but the quest won't clear or complete. I still have the yellow circle in the map and the "Use your witcher senses to find the treasure etc". It's pretty anoying to have the quest there not being able to complete it.

So I had this problem for the first time after coming back to replay the game. Googled it. Found this. I had a hunch, and I don't know if it was sheer dumb luck or if it's just one of those wonky things but it worked for me.

Basically, I was out exploring, knew where the chests were in the mill, went and got them early, made my way around the map, got the key, and came back, and nothing lit up so I couldn't complete the quest even though I unlocked the chest. I reloaded, and recalled that originally you have to use Aard to break down a door to get into that room in the basement. So I went down there again, used Aard on the already broken down doorframe, held the witcher sense button, then lo and behold it worked and the quest completed. Again, no idea if that's a real thing or not, but it's how I did it.

It's all down to "quest flags" vs. "I-get-to-do-whatever-I-want-in-my-game". Hard to have a game be open-world, non-linear, and also ensure players don't break linear quest progression. So, the game will check for:

1.) Flag for "activate quest" by reading message found on dead body.
2.) Flag for "player arrives at windmill".
3.) Flag for "player uses Aard to break barrier".
4.) Flag for "player opens chest and retrieves loot".
5.) Flag for "mark quest complete".

Because of the wonders of non-linear quest progression (mostly...:p), if I skip "flag 3", the game continues checking for "flag 5" until I "use Aard against the barrier"... if the barrier is "already destroyed". The game doesn't care. It just wants the action to occur in the correct "hitbox zone". Once it detects "flag 3" being thrown, the engine goes "Hooray! Throw 'flag 5'. Quest complete! Good job, human!"

It doesn't need to make sense to us. It just needs to make the computer happy.

Still present... in the 1.31 patch. Could you just not check if the chest is empty and you are present in the same room?

Idk if people are still encountering this bug but I just did on PC

One fix I just did was get the key but do not read the blood soaked notes that start the quest.

Go loot the chest, read the note.

Quest completed

Idk if people are still encountering this bug but I just did on PC

One fix I just did was get the key but do not read the blood soaked notes that start the quest.

Go loot the chest, read the note.

Quest completed

Possible sequencing error? Interesting. Can you get it to reliably work in that order and reliably break if you read the note before looting the chest?

Top Bottom