Wolf School Gear Chest Bugged

+
Yeah, this chest is bugged on PS4 even after the 1.12 patch. I installed the DLC after finishing the main game and hearts of stone expansion. I hadn't been to either the signal tower before, or to the Bastion. Neither location has any wolf gear. The ruined tower to the north does not have the silver base wolf sword plan either for me. Strangely, the very same location has the enhanced silver sword diagram. Note: I had been to the ruined tower prior to installing the wolf diagram DLC.

Very disappointing. There's NO excuse for this not to have been fixed by now...

This game has a lot going for it, but it's as buggy as hell, it makes Skyrim look bug free imho.

Dave

have the same issue here on the xbox one. I just recently downloaded all the dlc's and instantly am noticing bugs. I'm not inclined to start any more of them if they're all going to be buggy.

Is anyone seeing this issue even after the 1.12 patch release?
yes. However they don't give a **** about people who have already given money and are more focused on making money through a dlc which costs $20! Once Blood and Wine come out they may have the the time to give a ****. Sent in a Bug Report last night which was responded to with a one line answer, "We are investigating the issue". *** does that mean. Never buying your dlc's or another one of your games. Not like its the first glitch Ive run into either and def not the last.

Last edited:
I have 1.12 installed on my PS4 and I have just encountered the infamous chest bug. Here are the specifics of my situation

1. I have the basic Wolf Gear quest active. I got it from Hattori.
2. I have selected the "Search the ruins of the Signal Tower" quest step.
3. I have looted all the chests in this tower and nothing will advance the quest. The chest right by the ladder is not lootable.

I visited Kaer Morhen as part of the Ugly Baby quest before I installed the Wolf Gear Scavenger Hunt free DLC. I unfortunately do not have a manual save from before my first visit to Kaer Morhen. I was on patch 1.12 the first time I visited Kaer Morhen.

I have searched around the Signal Tower, Bastion, and the Ruined Watchtower. The only Wolf diagram I am able to find is for the Enhanced Silver Sword (at the Ruined Tower in a chest).

This is pretty infuriating, as I was really looking forward to collecting the Wolf gear.

This is my exact situation. Just like this I am also unable to locate the bones in the bastion to start the quest as the wiki instructs

1.12 Patch installed and spent two hours thinking I was doing something wrong with the quest line, getting more and more frustrated that I couldn't find the chest. Went online, and saw that it was an issue and that they claimed they fixed it with 1.12. I can confirm, that it is not fixed as the chest it not lootable.

Edit: I am on PS4 and installed the DLC before arriving at KM

same issue decided to give this a game a rest for a few months till they ironed out the kinks, but alas, they have not, wolf school gear is still unattainable. Chest still cannot be opened. On Xbox One.

Good for you guys on PS4 and xBox... the PC Veriosn is still buggy and ich cannot get the Wolf Gear. The Maps are not for sale at Hatoris or other Merchants and the chests are not useable -.-

So,I could try to help, I had the same problem,even after the latest patch,so I continued with the mission I han (returning Uma to his original form), I brought back Ciri and I said,,let's go to the watchtower, I knew it wouldnt work,so i go on foot,and the CHEST WAS AVAILIABLE TO BE OPENED,I reload the save after Uma,i did the same, and it WORKED,I don't know if it's pure luck or just Roach is the one to blame,just try it,I hope that can help you all.

so its 2017 and its still not fixed to this day... any idea what to do ? i pretty much tried all the ideas u guys said up in the comments

csongi39;n7913150 said:
so its 2017 and its still not fixed to this day... any idea what to do ?
This bug was addressed quite a while ago, and should, hopefully, now be resolved. What version of the game are you playing, and on what platform?

Riven-Twain;n7914110 said:
This bug was addressed quite a while ago, and should, hopefully, now be resolved. What version of the game are you playing, and on what platform?

its 1.31 with the 2 dlcs (got the game on disk and the dlcs purchased through the season pass) and im playing on ps4, also my horse is bugged when i mount it and start to ride the horse moves but the legs are stuck in the same emotion and wont move.

I have the same issue on the Xbox One 1.31 patch in place and still can't complete this quest! It's been a year and nothing has been done to fix it!? When is this issue getting fixed? I am not going to start another New Game. I've done that twice already and came across the same issue with this quest!

Hello,

I'm stuck in the same situation, and from this time from now the game is ruined for me. I want this armor since I started, and now is just frustating that after YEARS u couldn't solve this. I'm on PS4, all DLC's and completely update versions, and NOTHING has been done to this? The chest isn't opening! That's a silly situation! Either u solv ethis problem or I want my money back! I feel as I got fooled by you CDPR

Just messaged Riven-Twain. Since yesterday they haven't responded about anything to this post other than what platform the other gamer was using.

Still waiting to see if even hear from tech support after placing my ticket. This is just absolute bs. AC Unity seems like a dream to play with all of its glitches. At least it didn't omit quests!

I have the same problem, i am playing on ps4 and i think it has something to do with the physical copys of the game. i borrowed it from a friend (its a 2015 standart edition) just a few months ago, got all the updates and dlcs and started playing, and i got the same problem.
and my friend too, (don't think this is coincidence)

Top Bottom