New Game + Geralt's level has instantly doubled to 62.

+
New Game + Geralt's level has instantly doubled to 62.

Writing this for a friend.

He decided to start playing Witcher 3 again and started a New Game + using his level 32 character.
At the beginning of New Game + his character has doubled to level 62 and all the enemies and quests are around level 30...

He tried making another New Game + yet the same issue is happening. I decided to test it with my level 38 Geralt and I remained level 38.
So it only appears to be happening to him for some reason...

- According to CD Project red
"Players who begin New Game Plus with a level of 30 or higher will retain that level, and gamers below that mark will be boosted up to level 30 once they start the mode."

No idea how this has happened or how he is supposed to fix it. He is using a Steam copy of the game with patch 1.31.

Sounds like the infamous exp glitch caused by patch 1.21: loading a save that was created on an earlier patch could lead to 10000+ exp being awarded for killing a single enemy. Was your friend's save (the one where he was level 32) created on patch 1.12 or earlier?

I can't remember whether there's any proper solution to said exp glitch, but try searching around if it's the problem.

Yeah his save was from like patch 1.07 when they added alternative movement and storage chests, so ages before 1.21.

From what I gather online patch 1.21 caused issues with XP being stuck, can't find anything about getting more XP.

Yet that is exactly what happened to many people, myself included. Was at level 38, killed a wolf and shot to level 70 or so. Only way I found that fixed it was heavy use of console commands.

There used to be several threads on the issue on these forums, but IDK if the forum redesign erased those.

Is there any way to fix this on PS4? :(
My game is just broken, i only have 1 save file after i finished the game! I wanted to do new game plus and i instantly jumped to 62 from 35, same with the HoS DLC if I load up this savefile.
And if I just load this save and dont start anything (no DLC,no NG+) just for example slay a wolf, i insantly level up to 62.... I don't want to search the ingredients and craft all my potions again, so basically I can't do anything. Tried to play with the new game only HoS but that doesnt really have the potions and oils that i had..... :(

Sorry, TheFleea ...but I am not sure. As far as I know, console users have a few workarounds for it (also in that thread I linked). You might want to bring this up on the PS4 Froums -- I really don't have a lot of experience with either XBox or PS4. If all else fails, contact CDPR Support and see if there's a way to send them a saved game. They might be able to nudge things back into working order.

Top Bottom