Bug Echoes of the past

+
Bug Echoes of the past

I ran in to a problem in proceeding with the main quests.

After successfully finishing the quest: The king is dead, long life the king’. I made the decision to proceed with the secondary quests and most of the undiscovered locations first.

My intention was, to get in a higher level and a find/earn a lot of crowns to buy good stuff.

Now, (I am in level 27) tried to proceed with the main quest: 'Echoes of the past’. But to my big surprise the foglets are not appearing and the only thing what Yennifer is answering is: ‘Yes?’

I found some similar discussion with people saying: load a previous save game and continue.

I have a old save-game from before the quest: the king is dead long life the king. but there I am in level 16 !!! and who will say similar problems/bugs wont appear again in the future.

Since I was in level 16, I played a lot of hours and discovered the game play world. so I am going to be quiet irritated when I have to start an old save game and after hours and hours a similar bug will appear again.

Please advise/inform me.

Thanks in advance,

Try running around, throwing bombs, jumping... anything... meditating. Then try to talk to Yen. If that doesn't help, fast travel into some other map and back and then try to talk to Yen again.

Hello Sunsibar,

Thanks for your quick reaction.

The following I did after your reply:

At Jennifer’s location used all kind of potions, meditate several times 24 hours, throw all stock of 7 kind of bombs, used all signs, empty all slots at the ‘character’ options, travelled several times back and forward on Skellige, Novigrad, royal palace, white orchard, Toussant and tried in-between to talk to Yennifer.

Unfortunately no success.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

I'm out of ideas :( What is your platform? If you are on PC, there might (or might not) be more options to fix this.

I have the same thing on PC, 2 quests are shown "Talk to Yennifer" and "Help Yenniferwith foglets" - and she simply sais "Yes" - doses any solution exist? Or could somebody give me a savegame with level24 Triss with me and only 30+ level quests left?

Thanks, community)

I am having the same issue on the Xbone and it's not an issue of not using the mask. This bug is preventing me from making progress in the game and I do not want to return to a previous save because I am level 27 now and I don't want to go back to my level 5 save. Yennefer only says YES and nothing else happens. Please, help. Me

Can you be more specific about the problem you are seeing?

For the interim, try unequipping EVERYTHING Geralt is presently using -- weapons, bolts, bombs, armor, torches -- all of it. Dump your inventory into a stash, close the stash, then open it again and take it all back. See if the mask works then. (I recommend loading to a point before you began the quest, at least.)

I am at level 27. The only mission now to be performed is the echoes of the past. When Gerald meets Jennefer, she just stands there and says YES... Nothing else happens, theres aren't foglets.. the mask does not appear in Gerald's inventory

I'm afraid that the only option you're likely to have at this point is reloading. Something appears to have borked the quest. I recommend avoiding all fast-travel while engaged on quest business, and ensure you hit all the steps along the way (even if you already know what to do).

Wish I could offer more, but let me know how round 2 goes! Try to keep track of exactly what you do and in what order. It might be possible to figure out where the hang-up is occurring and work around it.

Top Bottom