New Game + Hickup

+
New Game + Hickup

I just finished both the Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine, and when I tried to start a New Game + it informed me that the save I had main and chosen hadn't completed the main storyline and thusly I wouldn't be able to start a New Game +. The finishing of the expansion packs was actually my second run through, as I'd completed the main story once already and been successful at a New Game +, so I am quite confused. I tried closing the game, restarting my system, and giving it another go, but that failed again.

I'd appreciate any help or advice on this. In all honesty, this isn't the first glitch I've encountered with this game, but the others I've been able to work around or deal with. When I reached this block I realized that if I can't get it fixed I have no desire to completely start over, or continue playing the game. This makes me sad, as I really do love this game, but it's kind of the last straw.

So please! Any help or insight would be great!

There is no NG++, so if you already completed NG+, your next option is to start fresh NG. Or start another NG+ with your original NG save if you still have one.

Someday, someone is going to need to sit down and explain to me the purpose of NG+, +++, +++++...

By the time I finished my first game of Dark Souls (3 years of starts / stops / restarts, btw!), I was so sick of looking at my knights' undead butt running through grey-brown hallways...I would have literally cried if people told me I had to keep that character. I wanted to play again as a "great-axe wielding fire-mage"! Or a "spear and dagger dude"! And I was fine with the difficulty level! No need to increase the difficulty any! :rolleyes:

To date, the only game I've ever completed (or even had the desire to complete) in an "NG+ scenario" was Salt and Sanctuary. And CoD:WaW..."prestige"...until I learned that I would lose my M1-A1. Then: bleep that!

What do you intend to do from playthrough to playthrough, Plea?

Top Bottom