SOLVED Texture issues at beach in white orchard/general rock textures

+
Texture issues at beach in white orchard/general rock textures

This flickering issue appears all over the beach in White Orchard where there are high cliffs and in some caves with similar textures. Does anyone else have these issues or knows what's causing it? Running a gtx 1080 with an 6700k. Thanks!

Interesting one. Never seen the shadow pop-in manifest quite like that before...

In your user.settings file, try finding:

CascadeShadowDistanceScale0=X.XX
CascadeShadowDistanceScale1=X.XX
​​​​​​​CascadeShadowDistanceScale2=X.XX
CascadeShadowDistanceScale3=X.XX

Increase each by a value of either 0.5 or 1.0. Let us know if that has any effect.

SigilFey;n8208240 said:
Interesting one. Never seen the shadow pop-in manifest quite like that before...

In your user.settings file, try finding:

CascadeShadowDistanceScale0=X.XX
CascadeShadowDistanceScale1=X.XX
CascadeShadowDistanceScale2=X.XX
CascadeShadowDistanceScale3=X.XX

Increase each by a value of either 0.5 or 1.0. Let us know if that has any effect.

Hey, sorry for the really slow answer, i never noticed i got a reply for this issue. Your tip did SOMETHING, but it only made it pop out less. It doesn't go away completely. Do you know anything else that might work?

floskan;n10237002 said:
Hey, sorry for the really slow answer, i never noticed i got a reply for this issue. Your tip did SOMETHING, but it only made it pop out less. It doesn't go away completely. Do you know anything else that might work?

Oh! You're in White Orchard. Just next to the burned out village, right? That particular stretch of beach is just buggy. You can ignore it. It's like that for everyone, and I think it was one of those things which to fix would be way too risky. There are a handful of spots like that around the whole world, but they're rare. (Originally, I thought you were in Velen for some reason.)

You should notice a lot less pop-in overall with the tweaks above. Keep your eyes on things like shadows cast by torches and braziers in the distance. The shadow draw should now be much less noticeable.

SigilFey;n10238122 said:
Oh! You're in White Orchard. Just next to the burned out village, right? That particular stretch of beach is just buggy. You can ignore it. It's like that for everyone, and I think it was one of those things which to fix would be way too risky. There are a handful of spots like that around the whole world, but they're rare. (Originally, I thought you were in Velen for some reason.)

You should notice a lot less pop-in overall with the tweaks above. Keep your eyes on things like shadows cast by torches and braziers in the distance. The shadow draw should now be much less noticeable.

Yeah, that's the spot. It's next to some guarded treasure below the destroyed village. I thought i was alone in having this issue but i'm "fine" with it if i'm not the only one. Yeah i noticed that the ini-tweak made the game look somewhat better, so thank you for that and for answering to a several months old thread.

Top Bottom