Many Quest Door not locked causing quest progress issues.

+
Many Quest Door not locked causing quest progress issues.

I have lots of door being unlocked when they should be locked, its for lot of doors even thoses that arn't meant to be opened (leading to nothing / glitches). It more problematic when it happen to quest door with trigger on the door opening during the quest.
If i didn't had basic modding skills, the game would currently be unplayable and reading quests files of the game to trigger the event manually is a pain...

Does anyone know where does it come from or have fix ?

Sorry, I'm having trouble understanding what it is you're seeing. If using any mods, please disable and uninstall them for troubleshooting purposes. Then, run a verify / repair on your installation through Steam / GOG / Origin.

Can you refer to a specific instance of this in game? Please, identify the specific quest and location. Any screenshots or videos of the issue would also help.

It concern most doors quest involved in velen/novigrad but seems to be okay in skellige, but not only some door that should stay locked are unlocked (like door leading to nowhere). They are just all unlocked so quest triggers on door unlocking are screwed. I can provide lots of examples :

SQ301 (triss quest in Vegelgud resisdance) : i was able to go inside the room of the corps for quest Q308 (Quest where priscillia got almost killed).
SQ303 (jaskiel borhel quest) : When it's asked to open Polly's door, the door wasn't closed so no interaction with the door possible. (i had to triger manualy the fact 'sq303_polly_door_open')

I can't say if its mod related, i use some but the bug was still here after removal / repair. I checked scripts changes in mods i used and nothing could unlock doors, just basic things like MapQuestObjectives, AutoApplyOils and FriendlyHUD (ok now so basic).

I've come to discover that there are no "basic" mods for TW3. Can you now reload to a point before any of the affected quests appear in your journal, then pick a short one and play through again. See if the door remains "stubborn". If those flags are not being thrown, then something is interrupting the calls during the quest. I'm not sure at this point what that could be, but I'm eyeing that FriendlyHUD mod. Could be intercepting the on-screen prompt somehow.

Mods are most commonly the culprits in situations like this. You've listed 3...what are the others? (Also, be aware that simply disabling and uninstalling mods does not always retroactively undo changes they have already introduced. You may have to go back to a much earlier save to avoid any issues. Not saying that will be necessary, but it is a possibility.)

Top Bottom