Aliasing on everything.

+
Aliasing on everything.

Hey everyone,
The game runs smoothly for me @1080p60 on ultra with gtx 1060 3gb, i7 3770 and 8gb of ram. This game is so well done i can go to office and then to the game like if it was a chrome tab. I've played more than 200 hours, and wanna do a new run, but i wanna fix this problem before : the aliasing. On linear edges like stairs, white moving lines are horrible. On trees its less visible but still present, like tiny white moving points when i move. AA is 100% on in the game, and this is my control panel : http://imgur.com/a/q9JsO . People on youtube dont have this problem, even my friends dont have it, and i got it only in this game. I used DDU many times... SMAA from reshade does nothing.

It is the nature of this game to have bad aliasing at 1080p resolution. This is a problem everyone will have. I think it is a rendering issue and bad built-in antialiasing. Even at 4K I sometimes still see the aliasing on horizontal lines like stairs.

This is actually not aliasing but is caused by hyper-sensitive reflective / spectral mapping. The shaders used to make things appear shiny, wet, or glossy. If you're referring to things like the "glitter" that appears on the chain mail in Geralt's default armor or that peppers the walls in dark, damp caves...no amount of anti-aliasing will help you. ;)

What does have a noticeable effect is enabling Anisotropic Filtering 16x through the GPU to "enhance the game setting" (not override). In your user.settings, change TextureMipBias=X.X to something between 0.3 and 0.7. (I use 0.7 myself, and it decreases a lot of the "shimmer" without making things feel flat.)

Nothing gets rid of all of it, though. It's just the way the engine works. If it can draw even one, single, white pixel...it will draw it.

Top Bottom